Arcadia VF-5000G

daBlah!

Holy crap, this is the best kind of surprise. ^_^ 

One noteworthy point, you can see the tires in the legs rotated to lay flat.  Nice to see them taking that step after all these years. :lol: 

Definitely in for a pair, depending on pricing, but I hope they dig up a few alternate schemes to milk the mold with, since the stock one never really appealed to me.

@Tage If your still here, are you gonna get one of these to go with yours?

Edit: Seems T-Rex is involved in this project. Since it's got the supers, why not throw in the variant head and speakers?

Edited by wmkjr

12 hours ago, MKT said:

Liking all the news coming out of WF so far.. Sentinel Tlead, Arcadia Hargun and now this VF-5000G! :yahoo:

Since the VF-5000 is about the size of the VF-1, here's hoping but likely wishful thinking they won't price it much higher than the VF-1...

Size isn’t the only determining factor in price though.  This looks like a VF-1 but the transformation is more complicated.  

The VF-5000 always looked like a cross between the VF-1 and VF-19 for me, but it's got a few unique bits to the transformation, especially how the arms fold up.

And yeah, I would personally prefer all of those variants to the default scheme, but that's not going to stop me from buying the first release.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I was about to ask if there were variant liveries.  I’m down for the grey/yellow and the blue striped versions.

Here's another one, @Mommar. The VF-5000B from Macross Plus game. I like this one more even though it's blue. ^_^ 

From Macross Mecha Manual.

vf-5000b-mplus-battroid.gif

vf-5000b-mplus-fighter.gif

Edited by no3Ljm

45 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Here's another one, @Mommar. The VF-5000B from Macross Plus game. I like this one more even though it's blue. ^_^ 

From Macross Mecha Manual.

vf-5000b-mplus-battroid.gif

vf-5000b-mplus-fighter.gif

That's not bad.  I don't know if I like it as much as the blue on white though.  The blue on white harkens back to classic Max.  The extra beige highlights on the nose and the joints do make a nice accent that isn't present on the white and blue/red versions.

38 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Arcadia? Bandai? pfffttt...😄

Nice video to gauge the transformation, size, etc

I heard 'Ma-Cross' again. I'm getting confuse now. :rolleyes: But this is a nice kit. Nice to see how it transform. :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

47 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Arcadia? Bandai? pfffttt...😄

Nice video to gauge the transformation, size, etc

That's 1/60??? thats too small for a potential 35,000 yen 🥴

Ok cost jokes aside, I miss Valks toys that have wings that actually fold/transform FLAT on the back. Something Bandai era valks seem to not have anymore.

8 minutes ago, close313 said:

True. But let's use official stats in Fighter form since there's no available stats for Battroid and Gerwalk mode for the VF-5000. Based on Macross Mecha Manual, the VF-19 Fighter length is 18.47 meters. The VF-5000 Fighter length is 14.03 meters. The VF-1 Fighter length is 14.23 meters. I'm guessing in Battroid mode, it will stand or close to VF-1 or VF-11.

Screenshot from the video posted by @seti88.

2122078168_ScreenShot2022-02-06at8_59_12PM.png.ea38d33e80f94ff79cf15291f1c7036f.png

326845127_ScreenShot2022-02-06at8_59_22PM.png.09d81c002277bafd7c3eed8ec5d700e7.png

29 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I heard 'Ma-Cross' again. I'm getting confuse now. :rolleyes: But this is a nice kit. Nice to see how it transform. :good: 

Macross dialect/colloquial/accent is what makes the macross world go round... 

Ma-Ma...

Just bought a valk......took out the card and couldn't wait, pressed F5 and now is paid...

:crazy:

Yup, its as if we could travel to the future to see how easy/hard it is. The whole arm folding on to itself is a sight to behold..(although am not sure if thats how its actually supposed to turn out?)

A different type of transformation always brings an added dimension to so-called valk magic!

28 minutes ago, close313 said:

Ok cost jokes aside, I miss Valks toys that have wings that actually fold/transform FLAT on the back. Something Bandai era valks seem to not have anymore.

Might as well get the size shock out of the way first. Next would be the sticker shock.

After thats done.... enjoy!