The Orville New Horizons June 2, 2022 Trailer

Dobber

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I’ve only watched the first season, I might get around to the rest one day. Speaking only from what I’ve seen and it’s the best modern Star Trek show I’ve watched.

It took a few episodes but it really settled in to itself. A slightly more silly STTNG.  It is not and was never a parody show that I think many were expecting. Once you get past that fact, it really is a great series that is very much like TNG.

Chris

Interesting to note their chosen target to parody is now Discovery's much-lamented third season.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one, even if the humor is kind of hit-and-miss for me.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I’ve only watched the first season, I might get around to the rest one day. Speaking only from what I’ve seen and it’s the best modern Star Trek show I’ve watched.

The first season was Family Guy with a Star Trek look.  The second season often times drops the Family Guy pretense and will be a nearly straight Star Trek episode instead.  Second season was significantly better than the first was.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone catch the first episode of the new "Horizons" Hulu season? I really liked it, pretty long too, it was a nice start for the new season. I'm pretty happy to see it's business as usual, you just get right back into this universe and feel you haven't missed a beat, everyone is there and yes, there's a nice little tribute to Norm Macdonald right in the beginning. I am a bit bummed it's one episode per week, I should've expected it, Hulu's bigger originals like Handmaids Tale follow that format, I was just hoping it would get dumped at once like some of the animated stuff like Hit Monkey and Animaniacs. Oh well, I've got something new to look forward to every week, it's still a really fun show with some great characters. 

• 1 month later...

Great series, just wish Hulu/Fox/whoever the next provider is will finally give them the budget and time to make a full season.  I know he has other commitments with his animated projects, but still.  This is the best Star Trek on TV right now, followed closely by SNW.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, if Future Unknown is their last episode (please let it not be so!) then they are going out in fine style. There is no huge plot hanging over everything, as it is just three or four supblots allowed to shine all on their own and MacFarlane and team did it fantastically, I think this is one of the best episodes of all three seasons, and that's saying something with how far they've raised the bar this season.  MacFarlane wrote and directed as episode that weaved family-style drama with sweet humor that had be smiling from opening to closing credits. And really hoping that no, this is not the end.

But if it is, this is how you go out, leaving them (me) wanting more!