BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

What ever happened to Baltar getting ahold of the nuclear warhead needed to build his Cylon detector. That whole plotline went nowhere.

362455[/snapback]

They gave him the nuke...he even mentioned that they were all arguing around it in Ep 9 of season one, "Tigh Me Up, Tigh me Down" in his lab.

362459[/snapback]

I know they did... it was being made out to be this big sinister thing Six was trying to get Baltar to do, and it went NOWHERE!

I know they did... it was being made out to be this big sinister thing Six was trying to get Baltar to do, and it went NOWHERE!

362469[/snapback]

It wasn't anything sinister at all. She said in the past that she gave him information for his research. After mentioning the nuke, she told him he could "figure out the rest himself". And he did, when he came up with that explanation of why he needed it.

LOL, now that is what I call timing.

It wasn't anything sinister at all.

:lol:

So, ok, the nuke is back in play... I would guess they are gonna use this to pop off the Pegasus sometime in season 3. Nice to see Baltar doing something other than just being out of his mind. I really hope this episode leads to him finally being exiled from the fleet. At some point they are going to have to expand on the Cylon side of things, and I would imagine the best way to do so is from Baltar's perspective amongst the Cylons.

Edited by Duke Togo

What's a "replicant"?  From another show or film I assume.

362402[/snapback]

Blade Runner

362412[/snapback]

LOL...I thought you guys were talking about Van Damme's movie "Replicant," which featured bio-engineering and whatnot...

Very interseting idea, and Duke's mind being set on the nuke and suddenly it reappears :p classic.

Good episode, I didn't think much of it really...but it did cross my mind when a sympathizing group would appear...its a needed move in a series such as this. You'll always have the freaks who mistake their plea for peace as a weakness of surrender and they THINK they know the difference but they truely don't.

Something I forgot to add was how the whole thing goes out of control. You got a group who believes in simple "protest" of the "government" or military rule and use words and spinning the issues. THEN you got those who are radical extremists who will use terror at their own bekon call to shake the minds of those who are keeping silent.

Edited by Hikuro

Sooo...it's implied that Roslyn knows about Gaius, but has chosen not to pursue her suspicions. Meanwhile, Gaius once again seeks to take care of his own agenda. If anything, this episode served as turning points for those two characters, not to mention supporting the idea that "Red 6" is merely a hallucination...

I wonder if Adama will ultimately have to emulate Cain's "whatever it takes" mentality to quash this ridiculous peace movement. Speaking of Admiral Adama, does Colonial Law permit the President to promote military personnel as it happened in the last episode? Is that also the case in our law, here in the States?

Oh, and let's not forget sweet, sexy 6's new college-girl/activist look-I really dug that. The sad part is that Liberated 6 will probably fall out of love with Gaius very quickly...

Edited by myk

The Protester wanted to know why the military doesn't try to talk.......Roslyn should have pointed out We SURRENDERED the day of the attack and the Cylons didn't care. I guess the general public doesn't know this fact, or at least doesn't care.

Chris

RDM's newest blog entry http://blog.scifi.com/battlestar/ states that the centurions are not sentient. I was suprised! The Cylons used to be all mechanical and then supposedly gained sentience and rebelled right? Well wouldn't the original centurions also have gained sentience?

If not, I wonder why. Also, the Cylons would then be just as guilty as they claim the colonials were/are of using them as slaves, since the centurions are then just tools or cannon fodder......"Sentient Robots make other Robots to use as tools to do their bidding, in protest over being used as tools themselves!!" I hope this will be brought up in the show, cause I find it very interesting!! What do you all think?

Chris

Edited by Dobber

One thing that has gotten me while reading the blogs or listening to the podcasts... the motivations and plotlines can and do change from one script to the next, and they have on several occasions not known where they were going with a particular idea. Also, the budget has had a definite effect on the entire show, and not just "more space battles". And they are also pretty open about feeling that they've made some mistakes with the show.

Duke, do you remember anything that they thought of as a mistake....besides the Gina housing thing in the past epsiode?

Chris

Edited by Dobber

You've obviously got some serious issues with women. You might want to chill a little.Or do the rest of us a favor and stop watching the show.

Most of the time, I try not to get involved in the personality glitches that happen on this board.

But I certainly don't see the admin or moderator stripes on your account that gives you the pull to tell me how to voice my opinion. That just means you are a regular guy here just like me. And all you can do if I don't turn off my TV is bang your keyboard a little harder, play with your nipple hair and lactate a little more.

And I definitely don't tell strangers on the Internet what they 'should' or 'should not' do. I'm admittedly blunt and coarse, but even I'm not that arrogant. I'm definitely don't have the plus sized ego to speak for all of 'us'.

360527[/snapback]

DH I completely agree with you on this and your comments about the need for fast and furious action once in awhile in the series. Personally some of the characters are grating on my nerves and their actions are boardering on the absurd. Rosalyn, what a nutjob.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Well, the producers have stated that the new BSG is supposed to be loosely mimicking real life, so ideas on nutty leaders, questionable wars, terrorism and rampant promiscuous sex with cyborgs are there for us to mull over...

I like the 'nice thing about being the President is that you don't have to explain yourself' comment. This seems to be the sentiment of the past couple administrations in the US. I hadn't really noticed how much this show tries to mirror current politics until this episode. The terrorist thing coming out of nowhere got me thinking then the President comment seemed very timely.

Not too sure if that side of the show is going to get any progress next week however-looks like we're in for a Lee Adama soul searching episode...

LOLOMGWTF?!! I can't believe Adama was a Cylon....

No, wait. That didn't happen. Whew, I'm sure glad I didn't post bogus spoilers, embellished with bad fanfiction, then try to flame people who called bs on me. That would have been pretty embarassing. :rolleyes:

No, wait. That didn't happen. Whew, I'm sure glad I didn't post bogus spoilers, embellished with bad fanfiction, then try to flame people who called bs on me. That would have been pretty embarassing.  :rolleyes:

362833[/snapback]

Huh...who did that?

No, wait. That didn't happen. Whew, I'm sure glad I didn't post bogus spoilers, embellished with bad fanfiction, then try to flame people who called bs on me. That would have been pretty embarassing.  :rolleyes:

362833[/snapback]

ROFLMAO, I think Death Hammer might be our new MGREXX

POTENTIAL SPOILERS PICS

Not great quality, but looks like Starbuck is kissing Apollo and Kat looks like shes giving Starbuck a knuckle sandwich.

All things considered, I didn't like this episode. The cancer plotline was wrapped up pretty quick consider the long buildup since the miniseries. The idea of the nuke making it off the Galactica seems to be a stretch as well. Though they haven't shown Apollos complete backstory yet pre Galactica, it would be interesting if the current situation represents a second chance for him as well. (Roslin - soon to be fired. Adama - soon to hang it all up. Starbuck - still guilty over Zak's death. Tigh - nearly torched himself as a drunk. )

The nice aspects of the episode were the shots of the Vipers and the ammunition factory. Its good to see the Galactica can create some of their own supplies.

The Roslin story is still uneven all the way around. Theres not much to be sympathetic with concerning the character but the story plays her that way. Its unfortunate that some of the storylines looked forced to give her something to do. And its unfortunate the lack of combat/sense of urgency to avoid a Cylon attack/lack of budget means more of these political storylines move to the front. Its a fine line to add personal politics into an artistic medium ( Clancy essentially killed his Jack Ryan series this way) and I hope Moore doesn't overdo it.

And if people want to stack someone into an ignore list, so be it. I average somewhere between one to two posts a day. If there are folks who lack the personal discipline to skip over the one or two posts a day without technical assistance, personally I think thats pretty sad.

Edited by DeathHammer

Maybe having Cylon blood in Roslyn's blood will have consequences down the road.

I've been waiting for someone to challenge Starbuck's unofficial reign as Top Gun, so maybe 'Kat's the one? By the way, who was that dark haried girl as Apollo's co-pilot?

As for Apollo, he needs to get over the following, although doing so might negate the need for his character at all: 1-he has his father's love, but not his approval 2-Starbuck is more capable than he is, everyone knows it including his father 3-Roslyn had the strength to stand for peaceful alternatives but was still capable of condoning and even engineering violence.

Is the series really lacking in its own budget?

Edited by myk

The other pilot in the Raptor was Racetrack.

Looks like Art Asylum is releasing minis of BSG, both classic TOS and the new series.

"Battlestar Galactica Minimates: The Definitive List

* all characters are 2" size unless otherwise noted

C=Classic, M=Modern

Announced Characters

- Adama (C,M)

- Apollo (C,M)

- Baltar (C,M)

- Boomer (C,M)

- Cylon (C,M)

- Muffit ( C )

- Six ( M )

- Starbuck (C,M)

Classic Line

4-Packs

- Adama, Apollo, Cylon & Baltar

2-Packs

- Apollo & Adama

- Baltar & Cylon

- Starbuck & Muffit

- Starbuck & Boomer

Single pack w/ Vehicle

- Viper vehicle with Apollo

- Raider vehicle with Cylon

Modern Line

4-Packs

- Adama, Apollo, Cylon, & Six

2-Packs

- Boomer & Cylon

- Baltar & Six

- Apollo & Adama

- Starbuck & Cylon

Single pack w/ Vehicle

- Viper vehicle with Starbuck

- Raider vehicle with Cylon"

Maybe having Cylon blood in Roslyn's blood will have consequences down the road.

362856[/snapback]

This will probably come back and bite her later.

I've been waiting for someone to challenge Starbuck's unofficial reign as Top Gun, so maybe 'Kat's the one? 

Well.... According to the episode guide, Kat is good. Starbuck notices it but also she notices that the girl acts just the way she did when she was all high and mighty

As for Apollo, he needs to get over the following, ...2-Starbuck is more capable than he is, everyone knows it including his father ...

I think he knows that....It's more like he's not as crazy as Starbuck, i.e., he keeps himself in check instead of Starbuck who would say "F*ck it, I'm doin it".

Edited by azrael

The other pilot in the Raptor was Racetrack.

Looks like Art Asylum is releasing minis of BSG, both classic TOS and the new series.

"Battlestar Galactica Minimates: The Definitive List

* all characters are 2" size unless otherwise noted

C=Classic, M=Modern

etc.......

362916[/snapback]

Oh no another thing to collect. dag nabit!!

I think he knows that....It's more like he's not as crazy as Starbuck, i.e., he keeps himself in check instead of Starbuck who would say "F*ck it, I'm doin it".

I always thought that was case with Apollo. He certainly doesn't lack the skills just that he never seems to take the next step to go overboard the way Starbuck does. He's more in control. As a result that kinda makes Starbuck the better of the two. I'm sure those on Galactica would realize both, which is why he was CAG and she wasn't.

I missed this weeks episode, at least I think I did. Was the whole thing with Apollo wanting to die, from the premire of the Part 2 of the season, continued and looked at more? I found that the most interesting part of that episode to be honest. I liked the whole thing mostly but that's what really stands out, that and how Cain died (that face off with her and Adama via Starbuck and Cain's 2nd was interesting as well.).

It was hinted at only, next week is all about him though. Also he is the CAG again, and starbuck is back on Galactica. So I guess Pegasus has a different CAG again as well. Maybe the original one

Chris

One thing that popped into my mind was how the Pegasus crew lost their CO and are now under Adama's control. They didn't think much about the Galactica crew before, and I would think that wouldn't change in the space of an episode so I wonder if they'll ever address that. For example, what happened to Stinger (the Pegasus CAG) and the guys that beat the crap out of Helo and the Chief? I think it would be a waste that they build up the Pegasus crew as so different in personality from the Galactica crew and never address that again and it will just be assumed that they are now one big happy fleet.

One thing that popped into my mind was how the Pegasus crew lost their CO and are now under Adama's control.  They didn't think much about the Galactica crew before, and I would think that wouldn't change in the space of an episode so I wonder if they'll ever address that.  For example, what happened to Stinger (the Pegasus CAG) and the guys that beat the crap out of Helo and the Chief?  I think it would be a waste that they build up the Pegasus crew as so different in personality from the Galactica crew and never address that again and it will just be assumed that they are now one big happy fleet.

363008[/snapback]

I think that's what the peacenicks with the nuke are for. To conveniently dispose of Pegasus. ;)

Just catching up on the past two commentary podcasts... seems the Pegasus is a permanent member of the "rag tag fleet". Moore wanted to go against what was expected (the Pegasus being around for only a few episodes) and typical. Didn't sound like he has any plans for it other than it is now a mainstay of the new show.