BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

***SPOILER GALORE***

I almost reversed my opinion as the only one that liked Roslyn on this show. She was kinda Lady McBeth-ish in the beginning, but hearing her reasons later on she was pretty spot on. I thought the whole killing of the civilians was kinda lame justification though. But whatever, maybe some people needed that. It's also kinda weird because what Adama is asking Starbuck to be an assassin. I know if she knew what Cain is planning then she would be gung ho about killing the Admiral, but as it stands it's not really that different from what Boomer did.

Another thing I found weird is that they didn't check the other Cylons on the ressurection ship and what they looked like. And I don't know if that ship is all that important. Sure it's they're entire spy network, but there's still the rest of the Cylons to think about. And who's to say that's the only ressurection ship.

And who the hell do they go scratchbuilding those tiny model ships for the bridge charts? Cobywan? It's like "Hey! I've never seen that type of ship before but here it is in 1/3000 scale!" :lol:

Baltar still rules, but this episode was too serious for him... I like it when his lines are more comedic.

***SPOILER GALORE***

And who the hell do they go scratchbuilding those tiny model ships for the bridge charts?  Cobywan?  It's like "Hey! I've never seen that type of ship before but here it is in 1/3000 scale!" :lol:

358357[/snapback]

I kept thinking the same thing during that scene. Then there was Starbuck and Apollo interleaving their sentences - 5 minutes to plan the op. then 3 days of practice to perfect their presentation.

Get it off iTunes and support the show.

358355[/snapback]

I got Season 1 and 2.0 on DVD, and will probably buy the second half of Season 2 as well. No harm in snagging an ep or two online. Anyways its on tonight at 11pm.

Ok, I think I found the biggest WTF spoiler image yet.

SPOILERS

http://galactica.emedian.net/episode/2.12/...s/2BATeaC05.jpg

:blink:

358555[/snapback]

Like no one saw this one coming??? :rolleyes:

On the flip side we got Apollo...what do you all think, Dee or Starbuck for the CAG?

Edited by Zor Primus

What an interesting episode.

I liked Roslyn in this episode, her first private words with Adama, "we have to kill her." It was nice and direct. It is very nice, because even as she is dying, the character has taken on some steel during her short term as president.

All I know about Cain is that when she is done, I'm going to miss her. She might be a bitch, but damn, she is pretty decisive. Starbuck gets CAG, Adama dies, all of it showed a decisive leader. Her methods were cold and quite brutal. In my reading of military leaders, Genghis Khan comes to mind in terms of what she has done. Distasteful, but she is more than willing to do these things to get her job done. In all fairness to her, she is following her training rigidly and not adapting to civilians... to her, there is an enemy, she'll kill them, but will not think one bit of what happens after the war ends. To her, the war can be won. Something that Adama and Roslyn do not believe at all.

I can't wait for next week's episode.

One question I had, when did the Blackbird acquire FTL drive?

There's no point wondering about who's going to hook up with who on the Love Boat Galactica, as partner swapping is a time honored tradition of keeping things new and interesting in any cast of characters. Wasn't that the premise of "Friends" anyway? And look at how long that exercise in time wasting lasted. At some point along the timeline everyone will have paired off with everyone else: Cally with Adama, Tyrol with Dee, Dee with Cally and Boxy, Starbuck with Cmdr. Adama, Helo with Tyrol (in following with Brokeback Mountain)-you get the idea...

There's no point wondering about who's going to hook up with who on the Love Boat Galactica, as partner swapping is a time honored tradition of keeping things new and interesting in any cast of characters.  Wasn't that the premise of "Friends" anyway?  And look at how long that exercise in time wasting lasted.  At some point along the timeline everyone will have paired off with everyone else: Cally with Adama, Tyrol with Dee, Dee with Cally and Boxy, Starbuck with Cmdr. Adama, Helo with Tyrol (in following with Brokeback Mountain)-you get the idea...

358815[/snapback]

I've never seen Friends.

I've never seen Friends either, but what else could a television show about a group of twenty-somethings hanging around a coffee shop for 7 years be about...Musical bedrooms and partners, I say...

Six is an acquired taste-she's one of those leggy, tall, boobless, curveless-supermodel types and I personally don't find that attractive either.

Edited by myk

I've never seen Friends.

358824[/snapback]

I don't find Six attractive at all.

358841[/snapback]

Of course, you're a friggin' cartoon man Mr. Togo. Animated people don't watch TV and they find humans un appealing.

:lol:

On a side note, I don't like blondes either.

Edited by Gaijin

Even if you don't like blondes, you could at least check to see if she really "is" one before you kick her out...

Even if you don't like blondes, you could at least check to see if she really "is" one before you kick her out...

358868[/snapback]

Nowadays carpet never matches the drapes, true. Though, even though, I'm just not that into blondes....must be where I live.

Edited by Gaijin

Kinda. Most of the ideas don't seem that original to me, though the synthesis can be semi interesting, if not for all the frustratingly lost/ignored opportunities.

The implications seem obvious that the Cylons have allowed Galactica to escape and that they have their own agenda with putting the Colonial humanity on the brink.

The moral conundrum of the Cylons is false, though typical of the politically correct. The fact that they wiped out the Colonial civilization is one thing. Enemies can do despicable times to each other at times. The fact that Sharon can change loyalties instantly without any hesitation is another. Couple this with the a "power corrupts" angle given human-form Cylon strengths...

I think that ultimately the Cylons have the long term of goal that we've seen hinted at with the evidence of their breeding program and allowing Galactica to survive.

1) Get the answer that V'ger sought. Shades of Data, as well. They already have emotions but are trying to find more in at least the twelve models. They're hoping to duplicate that with biological reproduction and spontaneously induced mutation rather than their cold reproduction methods.

2) They actually want to reach Earth and are using the Galactica to find it for them, as well as progressing their experiments at the same time.

The biggest part of the original Pegasus story was that Cain had survived all along only by making a deal with the devil. It seems that Butch Cain has done something metaphorically similar though she's not just lacking the flare and charisma of Lloyd Bridges, but the tragedy, as well. But then that's a story for humanity in general as depicted on the show.

Original BSG humanity's defeat was tragic but hopeful. This BSG's humanity's fall is pathetic and filled with angst.

Whether we like Cain or not, she has a point, Roslin has infected Adama and his crew. While it might have saved their lives, thats not the BSG's job - to babysit the fleet.

358886[/snapback]

At work so don't have time for a full reply, but doesn't the military exist to protect civilians? If not, you're talking Sparta, right?

I look at it rather that Cain has lost her way. But that's a discussion for when I have more time. But, yes, at least the show maakes you think.

Repeat after me "9-11 ≠ Iraq"

DeathHammer beat me to the punch for Six. She's perfectly beautiful as is. All the make up, 'done up' hair and Vegas Showgirl outfits and over the top lusty speach only spoils a perfectly beautiful woman.

Seriously, how sexy would Boomer be if she had to constantly tromp around in 6 inch heels, a cocktail dress with a perm and make up pancaked all over her face??? She'd get pretty tiresome pretty quick.

I'm getting really tired of the scenes with Baltar and Six at his lake side house. At least change the scenery occaisionally, Baltar(Moore) needs more imagination and less juvenile taste in women.

It was mentioned Six is 'boobless' and curvless. ! Boobless!? Damn man, how big do you need? Is there not enough surgicaly enhanced, Silicone 'Wonder Women' out there? As for curves, she's got them, just not a bosom that could smother a person to death. Besides, I find the boobies to be over glorified hood ornaments with no great use. :rolleyes:

Besides, I find the boobies to be over glorified hood ornaments with no great use. :rolleyes:

358899[/snapback]

This is a family envirenment so i wont go into anything :blink:

But i Absolutely Disagree.

The Cylons have to have larger plans. Clearly they could have overtaken one Battlestar. Six's link with Baltar serves multiple purposes. military tactical info as well as the state of internal conflict among key members in power.

Cains appearance and ruthlessness only serves the Cylons own plans. Setting both battlestars against each other would have been and is the easiest way to eliminate both threats. Although why this hasn'y been exploited fully by Six/Baltar i dont know.

I dont see Adama sacraficing Starbuck at all. and from the clip its apparent that its not her......

The upcoming attack on the base stars seems allows us to see the end of Cain , i'm only guessing that we're supposed to see Cain repent her ways and sacrifice herself leaving us with only one Battlestar to continue the search for Earth.

I don't always agree with the show, but at least it makes you think.

358886[/snapback]

And that is the entire point of a well done show. :) They let you decide on factors you may or may not agree with...is one side wrong? Is the other? People will see both sides with different views and that's the intent.

Edited by Gaijin

DeathHammer beat me to the punch for Six. She's perfectly beautiful as is. All the make up, 'done up' hair and Vegas Showgirl outfits and over the top lusty speach only spoils a perfectly beautiful woman.

Seriously, how sexy would Boomer be if she had to constantly tromp around in 6 inch heels, a cocktail dress with a perm and make up pancaked all over her face???  She'd get pretty tiresome pretty quick.

I'm getting really tired of the scenes with Baltar and Six at his lake side house. At least change the scenery occaisionally, Baltar(Moore) needs more imagination and less juvenile taste in women.

It was mentioned Six is 'boobless' and curvless. ! Boobless!? Damn man, how big do you need? Is there not enough surgicaly enhanced, Silicone 'Wonder Women' out there? As for curves, she's got them, just not a bosom that could smother a person to death. Besides, I find the boobies to be over glorified hood ornaments with no great use. :rolleyes:

358899[/snapback]

I can see your point of view, however different strokes for different blokes, my friend... :) I don't know about you, but I can find plenty of uses for those glorified hood ornamants as you call them-my victims always end up happy... B))

We'd better tone this down or the 'Mod squad'll come crashing on us...

From the beginning, I felt Roslin was the worst character in the show. She does come off as an over the top PC character; A woman Secretary of Edjucation>A Woman S.of Edjucation WITH Breat Cancer> A woman President WITH Breast Caner.

Secratary of Education is about as touchy feely a position as they could come up with. Breast Cancer is the cause celeb of the 90's for Hollywood. Aids and Breast Cancer are the popular diseases. Hepatitus and Prostate Cancer are really not a big deal, or a MILLION other diseases.

Realistically speaking, it seems absurd that after human kind is near extinction and running for their lives, they rally behind a Secratary of Edjucation instead of a Military commander or person that at least commands the respect of the military. I argued earlier, the whole story line about elections and concerns about civil liberties was silly given the circumstances they found themselves in.

Then, whatever virtue you found in Roslin, they made her into a religous zealot one minute and a backstabbing politician the next. A humanitarian that weeps at every loss of life, then chucks human-Cylons out of airlocks and instigates a coup that causes human deaths and splits the fleet and jeaporizes everyone's safety.

Roslin is basking in rightousness, so they have to make Cain the devil by contrast. I think we need a special prosecuter for Roslin, she too has abused her power.

There seems to be no redeemable characters left in the show. They all shift loyalties or stab each other in the back or are obsessed with their own petty problems. Not exactly an inspiring bunch. I guess Helo and the Bridge crew are the least screwed up. At least you know where Helo stands... so far and the Bridge crew tend to just shut up and do their jobs.

I swear, next episode I expect the Pegasus' XO to have another heart to heart with Tigh, only he'll be holding a flashlight under his chin and say "And then Admiral Cain bit the head off a puppy and ordered the crew to wear their underwear on the outside of there uniforms! :o "

I just really don't understand.  M.J. if you dislike the show so very much, why spend so much of your time watching it and then dissecting every episode?

358923[/snapback]

That was my question many a time a few pages ago. The people who complain about the show tend to watch it even more than people who do.

But then again, this is MW, where bitching about things is job one.

For Example:

"They ripped off Macross Plus!!"

"I hate buying DVD's I already bought 5 years ago! Now they are forcing me to buy it again"

"They've ruined Cain! He's supposed to be likable!"

"iPods suck! I like the (insert POS mp3 player name here)"

"Macross dubbed...blasphemy!!"

"the hands are too small!! "

and so forth...........

Edited by Gaijin