BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

Well thats IT now Ive seen the spoiler picture its spoilt it for me. No point in watching it ever again as I now know whats going to happen in the end.

As if....

Kind of obvious that was going to happen sooner or later afterall they did it in the original series and that was with 1970 haircuts and disco music.

Edited by big F

They had to go that way, though; to proceed in any other manner would've been too corny...

-I made that vague enough to avoid spoiling it for anyone who's worried about that...

Edited by myk

I'm now caught up on the series. I've enjoyed it thus far. I was really put off by the first episode I watched (the Pegasus episode) since the interpersonal tension was just too far over the top and a bit corny. Turns out that the silly level of tension in that episode isn't indicative of the series. In fact, the personal conflicts in the series, which are obviously a central part of the show, tend to resolve a little too quickly. Adama deposes Laura for no real reason. This is a move that should have done some irrevocable damage to their relationship but everybody seemed fine after they came back from the Tomb on Kobol. The pilots hated Helo when he arrived, and understandably so, but he is accepted once he suggests using carbon composites for the Blackbird. He's sleeping with the enemy but he made a good suggestion so let's forgive him.

A couple of comments to recent posts...

I think that the goal of the Cylon attack in the second to last episode was to capture the Galactica so that Sharon and her child would safely be in Cylon hands. I think this is what the Cylon guy meant at the end of the previous episode when he said that the baby must be protected at all cots. Leaving Sharon in human hands is a huge risk to the baby.

Sharon putting the fiber optic cable up her arm is a bit silly but it did serve to reinforce that she isn't human. How did she accomplish this? Maybe the human Cylons have some specialized cells distributed throughout the blood stream that are adaptive enough to accomplish something like this. The cells will be undetectable if in a very low concentration in the body. It took Sharon a while to get going which could indicate that it took a little bit of time for the cells to gather in her wrist.

I believe that the Pegasus has been aware of the Galactica and her civilian fleet from the beginning. Cain seems hellbent on fighting the Cylons and this attitude has tricked down to the crew. Cain even mentions that they are at war. In the pilot, Laura quite correctly states that the war is over and that humanity has lost. Survival, not war, should be the priority for humanity. If the Pegasus crew were the only surviving humans then humanity would be doomed. Attrition from each engagement would eventually decimate the crew. Anyway, I believe Cain chose to reveal the Pegasus in order to get Galatica's help for a major offensive. Cain is also using the Galactica crew to fill out the Pegasus crew. It's not a coincidence that she transferred Galatica's top two pilots to the Pegasus. Not everyone in the Pegasus crew shares Cain's vision. The deck chief seems down to earth and seems to be hanging around the Galactica. The XO alerted Tigh to the execution.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to the Pegasus.

Cain is also using the Galactica crew to fill out the Pegasus crew. It's not a coincidence that she transferred Galatica's top two pilots to the Pegasus.

354492[/snapback]

What's the use? As soon as Apollo and Starbuck scramble from Pegasus, they'll fly off wherever they please and say to Cain "Nyah-Nyah!" "PpPpBbBbLLT!" and "you can't get me!" "your not the boss of me!" "Do you know who my Daddy is!?" etc.

And as we saw, Apollo and Starbuck are the ONLY competent pilots on Galactica, the others are retraded without them, that's why Cain doesn't want the others.

My nonsense aside, blind guess: Tigh will be the new Captain of the Pegasus.

Edited by Major Johnathan

For those with iTunes, there's apparently a new Sci-Fi Insider half-hour special for free through the music store. It's gonna air in Jan as a preview of the new season. I'm d/ling now, to at least see if the quality is at least good enough to see anything new.

354773[/snapback]

It's a behind-the-scenes look that will air before the winter season starts.

“As it prepares for a new season, take a behind-the-scenes look at the life on board the Battlestar Galactica. Watch exclusive interviews with the people at the heart of one of television’s most acclaimed shows,” says Apple. “Get up to speed with the crew’s adventures so far in this free episode, and get a sneak peek at some of the upcoming action in the new season, premiering Jan. 6, 2006.”

For those with iTunes, there's apparently a new Sci-Fi Insider half-hour special for free through the music store. It's gonna air in Jan as a preview of the new season. I'm d/ling now, to at least see if the quality is at least good enough to see anything new.

354773[/snapback]

It's a behind-the-scenes look that will air before the winter season starts.

“As it prepares for a new season, take a behind-the-scenes look at the life on board the Battlestar Galactica. Watch exclusive interviews with the people at the heart of one of television’s most acclaimed shows,†says Apple. “Get up to speed with the crew’s adventures so far in this free episode, and get a sneak peek at some of the upcoming action in the new season, premiering Jan. 6, 2006.â€

354790[/snapback]

Any chance someone could host this as Itunes wont let you download it if you are not American it just bumps me back to the U.K store which says its not available. probably because we are so far behind you guys. Odd when I can watch films that are not schedueled for release over here but cant watch a documentry about a t.v series. Go figure

I may be able to help with storage if neeed.

No worries. The DRM can be got round ( sometimes )depending on the format they post it in. If there is a need for web space then I could help provided its not 100`s of megs. we have a fair bit of space on our web server at work but I cant nick it all :D with the avatars and eBay pics and my holiday snaps sooner or later someone will notice. Good job Im the web Dev and server manager, I get to doctor all the ISP reports before my boss sees them. :rolleyes:

Edited by big F

Sat down and watched Season 2.0 in a day. Bravo! Very well done! This show only gets better and better each episode. Hopefully I can really dedicate the time for the second half of the season, Fridays are tough since there are really an infinate amount of other things to do. However there will always be more dvd's!

Who else thinks Cain is a lunatic in command of a Battlestar?

The pics looks awesome. Can't wait to see it. Ass-kickery

Edited by Anubis

Great pics! The shot of the baseship getting blasted is awesome. Last pic kinda worries me, that looks like some serious damage to the Pegasus. Unlike the original series I don't want to see another suicide run by this Cain.

Great pics! The shot of the baseship getting blasted is awesome. Last pic kinda worries me, that looks like some serious damage to the Pegasus. Unlike the original series I don't want to see another suicide run by this Cain.

356459[/snapback]

This Cain is certainly unhinged enough to do that sort of thing.

Kinda like to old one he was not fireing on all cyliners, but more John Waynne in space though. Eaither way I think a few people are gonna die, toasters as well.

6 days and counting Depending on where in the world you are.

Happy New year to you all. :wub:

356459[/snapback]

This Cain is certainly unhinged enough to do that sort of thing.

Kinda like to old one he was not fireing on all cyliners, but more John Waynne in space though. Eaither way I think a few people are gonna die, toasters as well.

6 days and counting Depending on where in the world you are.

Happy New year to you all. :wub:

356469[/snapback]

Once again Comcast has managed to pull SciFi from my listings right when BSG is about to start, I guess I'll be downloading it.

Once again Comcast has managed to pull SciFi from my listings right when BSG is about to start, I guess I'll be downloading it.

356539[/snapback]

That's why they invented profanity laden irate phone calls. Even if it doesn't help, it makes you feel you better.

Why would they pull a popular program off of the listing? Maybe FRAK has worn out its innocence...

Major SPOILERS for EP 2-12

(Listed at a TV info site then pulled soon afterward, this is a screenshot someone took. Spoiler is in EP description)

http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cylonuhoh2wy.jpg

Also SPOILERS pic for S2 regarding someone (full human) in the Colonial Fleet who is also collaborating with the Cylons ( obviously not Boomer)

356661[/snapback]

Oh gosh I don't even want to know what that is supposed to be to the right. :(

Psh...I KNEW IT-I even said as much before this thread got beyond it's infancy.

Hell, this was even revealed in season 1, although not so obviously.

-Yeah, I seriously don't recommend that any of you go to that site if you don't want anything to be prematurely revealed to you...

Edited by myk

Still doesn't mean that the person mentioned is a cylon themselves, it could just mean that the cylons are experimenting with replacements. Which was something we always speculated about, since it is well established that the human model cylons are a relatively recent development, and were not around in the first cylon war, which he fought in.

I've always assumed that the Cylon-human models were patterned after existing humans; what better method would there be to emulating a human than by copying one directly.

-I hope that the anti-spoiler people stay away from this thread for a while...

356539[/snapback]

What the hell you talkin' about? I have Comcast and I am watching the SciFi Channel right now.

Major SPOILERS for EP 2-12

(Listed at a TV info site then pulled soon afterward, this is a screenshot someone took. Spoiler is in EP description)

http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cylonuhoh2wy.jpg

Also SPOILERS pic for S2 regarding someone (full human) in the Colonial Fleet who is also collaborating with the Cylons ( obviously not Boomer)

356661[/snapback]

It appears the Cylon breeding program is a success because that Cylon is pregnant.