3d printed Arm cannon for yamato Yf-19

Captain Global

Hi this is my second 3d printable design and still a work in progress. This is the famous Arm Canon that appeared for 5 seconds in Macross plus and wanted to design my own rendition of this cool gadget.

I printed mine on a fdm but you can get better results on a resin one, especially on the big gun. Requires glue for assembly. 

If requested I can also make a version for Arcadia and Bandai toys

Be free to download it and do your own mods to it. 

Hope you all enjoy it. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5224634

arm-cannon.PNG

photo6032732831312100109.jpg

8 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

That looks nice.

Makes the Yammie display better.

Are you planning to make the rest of the arsenal for this version?

I also made an improved gu-15 gunpod for this tpy. Now I'm thinking about designing the fast packs, but that will have to wait. Regarding the rest of the missiles that come with arcadia/bandai, as the yamato vesion does not have hardpoints, I probably won't bother. 

6 hours ago, Bolt said:

That came out nice. I don't have a 3d printer, but appreciate your sharing of files. I always wondered how that thing would look attached in fighter mode..

In the latest bandai toy there is a gimmick in order to use the arm canon in fighter. The whole system folds and stows between the legs. You can even use the gunpod. 

In this video it explains it pretty well.   11.19

• 1 year later...

That would be a little redundant, since Bandai already included the arm cannon pack with the first release of their DX YF-19. 

It's not included in the most recent re-release, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they offer an add-on pack with the missiles, fast packs, arm cannon, and fold booster in the future.  They cut out a ton of content for the repop, and I think a lot of people are going to want the fast packs and missiles, as well as that cannon.