Anymoon.com

nightmareB4macross

On 1/21/2022 at 11:59 PM, jenius said:

Glad it's still helpful guys. Database issue is resolved!

I go to your site right before I purchase any Valk.  You've been able to give me good info. to decide whether or not to pull the trigger on a purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @jenius, just want to report, quite a few pics in your pages appear to be broken. For example, in the Bandai DX VF-1 page:

Bandai DX VF-1 Toys – Scorched Earth Toys (anymoon.com)

some of the pics are not loading up; they are just showing white boxes, and for the white boxes that are clickable it leads to page saying 'Sorry, the parameters you provided were not valid'. I also notice, for quite a few pictures that do show on screen, they are no longer clickable for an enlarged version.

I'm thinking it could be my browser issue, but I've tried on 3 different devices and they came back with same results..

But meanwhile, echo-ing everyone else here: your site is the best & invaluable resource for all the Macross & other classic toys! :good:

I was able to get all the thumbnails to show up but the gallery items were no longer links that led to the full size picture. That sort of thing happens when wordpress rolls out an update. I went ahead and fixed all the gallery settings so now things should work properly. If you're getting the red X for images, that's something different, maybe it's a slow server and it's just taking too long to pull the data? 

I don't have a lot of time to produce new content right now but I appreciate the heads-up on maintenance issues..... don't want the site to seem totally abandoned. 

The thumbnails that were previously not linked to anything are now working. :good:

As for some thumbnails that were not showing up at all previously, I isolated it to my network issue. It is no wonder then, whichever device or OS I tried previously on same network, those thumbnails just refuse to show. Everything worked when I switched to different network. 

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Some times I visit it and cry over the toys I used to own but sold because I thought I'd never want them again! Oh well. 

I feel for ya!! Lately, been trying to get back some like the 1/3000 SDF-1 (only to have the arms come off at the shoulders; worked out a fix for it though).

• 2 months later...

A fan of Anymoon / Jenius vids, write-ups and reviews!  Just watched the fabric dying vid for the Scott Beagle Mospeada and gave inspiration the fabric can be repaired.  A true Macross  / Robotech fan who contributes and adds value to this community.

Edited by db626

Just sumbled onto this topic and had to do this:

@jeniusSir, you have all my gratitude. We can only be grateful for the time and info put into the website and channel. You have saved our lives and wallets countless times!

Hope you efforts will continue to bring you all the success and the best of joys!

Thank you!

• 1 year later...

I registered for a Wordpress.org account but still can't login on your site to comment.  I've been collecting the 1/60 Yamato/Arcadia/Valkyrie Factory V2 VF-1s for the last few months and have your site and reviews to thank.  Just got my first Bandai VF-25F Super Messiah, looking into that series next.  Thanks for the great info!

Thanks for the positive feedback and for letting me know about the comment issue. A while ago the site was inundated with bot comments and I tried lots of methods of shutting them down but was unsuccessful. Maybe the plugins are better these days so I just flipped a switch to allow comments. I think each comment should go to a queue and require manual approval. 

43 minutes ago, jenius said:

Thanks for the positive feedback and for letting me know about the comment issue. A while ago the site was inundated with bot comments and I tried lots of methods of shutting them down but was unsuccessful. Maybe the plugins are better these days so I just flipped a switch to allow comments. I think each comment should go to a queue and require manual approval. 

No luck, I think it's a wordpress thing.  I'll keep trying.  As for my collection I'm waiting on the TV Hayao Kakikaze VF-1A, 30th and 35th anniversay VF-1Js, and the 40th anniversary Bandai VF-25 to arrive.  Still trying to find a VF-X, VF-1A Angel Birds, VF-1A Mass Production TV, VF-1A Cavaliers, VF-1J Mass Production, and low vis VF-1A Roy Fokker but have pretty much everything else.  Your site was a HUGE help on which to buy and what to avoid.  I will say after getting my VF-25F Super Messiah yesterday that Bandai has a long way to go to meet the same fit, quality, and user friendliness of the Yamato/Arcadia V2 Valkyries, even with their documented issues.  My Messiah doesn't seem to want to fit together quite right, touching it in one place misaligns it in seven others.  The upper adapter part of the stand wants to topple backwards if it's tilted in the slightest, and was a royal PITA to get to clip in place around the hips (had to take off the super armor to get it to go on).  The super armor was much harder to install and I didn't care for having to swap out parts to do so.  Even the clear packaging trays were a worse design, on the VF-1s everything is easy to remove but with the VF-25 getting each piece out was a fight.  It just overall feels way clunkier and more fragile compared to the VF-1s, very "unrefined".  Considering the refinement I see in Gundam models over the years it's very surprising to see Bandai release something at this price point with this many issues.

20240114_231332.jpg

20240114_223711.jpg

20240114_223659.jpg

Edited by rx79gez8gundam
Phone typos

I have my Revival Renweals (what a name) still sealed next to my desk... I'm looking forward to getting them open. The Yamato V2 1/60 VF-1 is quite a refined piece; it's hard for more complex toys to compete. If it had the metal feet and ball joints of the DX VF-1, I might still prefer the Yamato V2.