Moderoid Model Series by Good Smile

M'Kyuun

2 hours ago, hachi said:

I only found out about this today and it's ending today JP time, but just in case anyone wants to take the survey:

https://mechasmile.com/moderoidsurvey2023/

There's an option for English. But I don't like to login to Google just to take a survey, so I just looked. If anyone wants to request a series, now's your chance!

I doubt it will help, but I put in for Mospeada and Southern Cross just in case. I would love some kits from those series, but I also know it’s more wishful thinking 

• 3 weeks later...

All the better to smash in Commander Makaras battlecruiser with, my dear... 😃

Having built a couple Master Grade and High Grade Gundam kits some years ago, how do Moderoids compare? Is glue required? And the webpage mentions "stickers", do they mean actual stickers or waterslide decals?

42 minutes ago, F-ZeroOne said:

Having built a couple Master Grade and High Grade Gundam kits some years ago, how do Moderoids compare? Is glue required? And the webpage mentions "stickers", do they mean actual stickers or waterslide decals?

For now, it's best to expect 'stickers' as stickers. I checked other pages of their kits and some has 'waterslide decals' on the description and some are 'stickers'. There's an Ingram kit with Bulldog set that's mentioning both. So yeah, expect to be 'stickers' for now. Hope that helps.

59 minutes ago, F-ZeroOne said:

I have a few moderoids. Most are snap, but some have parts you might want to reinforce with glue. Just test fit and you’ll figure it out. They compare pretty well with older high grade kits if that’s what you’re used to but the newer hg kits are made for extreme ease for a quick snap up. 
As far as stickers, some come with waterslides and some have stickers and others have both. The descriptions on most pages are seem accurate as to what is included. 
Overall, they’re pretty simple if you have that experience from those old hg kits and they’ll be a breeze for anyone used to anything older than those

21 hours ago, Big s said:

I have a few moderoids. Most are snap, but some have parts you might want to reinforce with glue. Just test fit and you’ll figure it out. They compare pretty well with older high grade kits if that’s what you’re used to but the newer hg kits are made for extreme ease for a quick snap up. 
As far as stickers, some come with waterslides and some have stickers and others have both. The descriptions on most pages are seem accurate as to what is included. 
Overall, they’re pretty simple if you have that experience from those old hg kits and they’ll be a breeze for anyone used to anything older than those

Thanks for this @Big s. I don't have Moderoid kits as of now. Been thinking of getting a few soon. Orguss and Circus-1. :good: 

Just a question though. When you said older HG kits, you were referring to the 1990's HG and not the HGUC from 1999 onwards, correct? Just asking coz I haven't had the opportunity to own one. Thanks! :hi:

56 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for this @Big s. I don't have Moderoid kits as of now. Been thinking of getting a few soon. Orguss and Circus-1. :good: 

Just a question though. When you said older HG kits, you were referring to the 1990's HG and not the HGUC from 1999 onwards, correct? Just asking coz I haven't had the opportunity to own one. Thanks! :hi:

I’m more referring to actual hg kits from when Bandai first started marking the hguc line around 99 ish. I think Bandai had a few hg kits before the hguc line like the Endless waltz kits and 08th team, but I’d still say they compare better construction wise with early to mid hguc kits. As I’ve said above, they’re pretty simple and some are actually even better than those older hguc kits. They have a better look than those hg kits as well. 

My favorites have been the obsolete series. The inner frames go together really well and are really fun. Just keep a bit of glue handy and expect a few seam lines and places to paint over if you really want to go all out. Some parts on some kits are pre clolored for those that don’t care about the seams, but with little effort they can be pretty great. 
The big thing for me with moderoid kits is the variety of subjects. Bandai is the king of Gundam and very little else, but if there’s an obscure anime or an old classic then moderoid is the way to go.

I’m really hoping the Orgus is gonna have a simple transformation, since I have a feeling that some joints may need to be tightened a bit. The promo pics look really great and I’m really excited for the release.

52 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’m more referring to actual hg kits from when Bandai first started marking the hguc line around 99 ish. I think Bandai had a few hg kits before the hguc line like the Endless waltz kits and 08th team, but I’d still say they compare better construction wise with early to mid hguc kits. As I’ve said above, they’re pretty simple and some are actually even better than those older hguc kits. They have a better look than those hg kits as well. 

My favorites have been the obsolete series. The inner frames go together really well and are really fun. Just keep a bit of glue handy and expect a few seam lines and places to paint over if you really want to go all out. Some parts on some kits are pre clolored for those that don’t care about the seams, but with little effort they can be pretty great. 
The big thing for me with moderoid kits is the variety of subjects. Bandai is the king of Gundam and very little else, but if there’s an obscure anime or an old classic then moderoid is the way to go.

I’m really hoping the Orgus is gonna have a simple transformation, since I have a feeling that some joints may need to be tightened a bit. The promo pics look really great and I’m really excited for the release.

Got it! Thanks! I also realized that when I said I don't own one, I was referring to the older HG 1990's kits. But HGUC onwards which I like, I own a handful -- mostly AoZ suits which I haven't build most of them.

But yeah, good to know stuff about Moderoid. I was thinking of placing an order for Godannar before but decided not to since I really don't want to dig another hole for me knowing that I haven't started building my other kits and here I am planning on buying another kit to pile. But the Orguss and Circus-1 kinda excites me, so who knows? :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Preorder for Moderoid Galvion Circus-1 starts March 23, 2023 JST.

DSC_0228-1-5.jpg

Can’t wait to see this one built. 
When I was a kid there were some old Galvion kits at the local hobby shop and had a few of them. I’ve never seen the source material, but I should probably look for it one day

1 hour ago, Big s said:

When I was a kid there were some old Galvion kits at the local hobby shop and had a few of them. I’ve never seen the source material, but I should probably look for it one day

Same here. I preodered from HLJ. Just in case I change my mind. ;) 

I've read that it will have some extra parts to use to convert between modes.

On 3/23/2023 at 6:07 AM, Big s said:

Oh my ! I remember  this robot , I used to have its toy in 1986. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...