Captain's log: Friday, March 4th 2022.

The molds are done, and the castings are looking excellent! It was quite an ordeal getting everything finished, but it was 20+ lbs of silicone put to good use, and the process went much more smoothly than I was expecting. The robot itself is a whopping 117 parts, and add another 21 parts for the sled. I will begin production in earnest on Monday, so shipping is maybe 3-4 weeks out. I'll have pics of the completed mecha this coming week, so be sure to stay tuned!

57.jpg

58.jpg

Lots of cool bits and pieces.

i bitch about having to fix little things on plastic kits that I work on, and you make an entire model from scratch in record time with great detail. It’s really amazing to see especially in this day and age where so many are using 3D printing. I really love seeing those sculpted parts and how you get them so precise even on mirrored parts 

4 hours ago, Big s said:

Lots of cool bits and pieces.

i bitch about having to fix little things on plastic kits that I work on, and you make an entire model from scratch in record time with great detail. It’s really amazing to see especially in this day and age where so many are using 3D printing. I really love seeing those sculpted parts and how you get them so precise even on mirrored parts 

For what it's worth, I started scratchbuilding precisely because I got tired of having to "fix things" on those same plastic kits. It might seem like a daunting task to build something from scratch if you've never done it, but consider this: if you can scratchbuild one or two small parts for your plastic model, a full scratchbuild is just an extension of that process, and it's done one part at a time. Doing it manually is also theraputic for me, but I certainly don't discount the value of virtual modeling for some more geomertically complex parts.

24 minutes ago, CoryHolmes said:

Where any parts from the previous Bioroid designs usable, or is all of this new sculpting?

The hip joints and the internal structure of the abdomen look identical to the previous 'Lloyds, with some minor modification evident in the hands and the pistols.  It's at least 90% new parts, though.

32 minutes ago, sbantonelli said:

We are lucky to have you.

That's a considerable understatement. 🤩

Captain's Build Update: production is nearing its close, just a few more kits to cast. Even BUG FACE is impressed!🤯 Those of you who opted for the hover-sled option will notice a few improvements to the masters in the form of more faithful detailing. Just little things, but those little things make a difference. Instructions will be ready early next week. Stay tuned! 😊

IMG_3700 copy.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

Edited by captain america

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, CoryHolmes said:

Nah, I haven't built either of my existing Moscato masterpieces yet.  Couldn't justify getting another of a one-off mecha I don't really like.

Now some of the hero mecha, on the other hand... :good:

Well your Southern Cross hero mecha are going to need an enemy to fight.😄

Do you have any plans to try and make the hovertank happen? It got quite close last time.

I think I'd still be in for one in vehicular mode.🤨

Edited by Podtastic