Betty White opens tonight's main act in the heavens, this eve... (Apparently, she had the last laugh over Keith Richards in the end)

TehPW

Betty White, 'Golden Girls' actor and comedian whose career spanned eight decades, dies at 99 (nbcnews.com)

Betty White is dead at age 99 : NPR

😕

Edited by TehPW
So who takes her place? Is ANYONE worthy of her throne?

• TehPW changed the title to Betty White opens tonight's main act in the heavens, this eve... (Apparently, she had the last laugh over Keith Richards in the end)

I can't begin to count the hours of joy and laughter she's given me over the years, most notably as Rose in Golden Girls, but also her other film and tv appearances. She certainly had that "something" that captivates, a natural performer and comedienne.  The world is poorer for her loss. RIP 

I was just reading an interview where she she said her favorite foods were vodka and hot dogs, and she avoided eating anything green. Either it's a miracle she made it to 99, or all the preservatives in the hot dogs were preserving her. She definitely had a good run, but I'll miss her anyway.

When I was just a kid my grandparents took my brother and I out for dinner every Saturday night and when we would come home Golden Girls was on, even then I thought Betty was a charmer and very funny. (While the four actresses didn't always get along with each other, somewhere you hope there's an extra seat at a kitchen table and a slice of Cheesecake waiting.) 

It's a sad to see her go and just shy of another New Year but damn, what a life & career she had. 

RIP Betty. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

For almost being 100 it’s really surprising how well she spoke in interviews that were very recent. She sounded like she could have been around much longer.

On another note I was on Hulu this morning and they had her snl episode from a few years back highlighted. I guess at the time she set an age record for being the oldest female host or maybe oldest host

18 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I have friends posting on Facebook that 2021 is now a horrible year because Betty White died. She was 99 FFS! We should all be as lucky that we could live that long as healthily and happy as she did.

I mean, 2021 sucked for a lot of reasons.  I guess it was better than 2020, but that's a pretty low bar to clear.

• azrael locked this topic