Blender Thread: Let's Talk about it.

Gerli

The other day I saw this short and was immediately inspired to learn more about Blender and all the possibilities this amazing and powerful program can have.

So I figured we should have a Blender thread in this part of the forum to share our work and learning process... there A LOT of amazing 3D Artist in the community and some of them are now working with this software... maybe we can learn together :)

Great idea!

I have been creating videos with Blender for 4 years. I learned from scratch, so my suggestion for you is to get a book to start with the software as it is complex. After all this time there are Blender features that I do not master yet.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Here's a non-Macross video I created this year,

Blender isn't easy if you are already used to other tools like 3DS MAX, MAYA or Solidworks.

It is really complicated. I tried it once and managed to do some things, but it took me a while.

I think if you never used 3D software before, it is easier to master blender, because you are a clean slate and learn everything from scratch. Knowledge about other tools definately is not helpful.

On 1/11/2022 at 12:30 PM, Urashiman said:

Blender isn't easy if you are already used to other tools like 3DS MAX, MAYA or Solidworks.

It is really complicated. I tried it once and managed to do some things, but it took me a while.

I think if you never used 3D software before, it is easier to master blender, because you are a clean slate and learn everything from scratch. Knowledge about other tools definately is not helpful.

I did have the same thinking back when I come from 3Dmax... you can get the basics in a couple days... it's really easy!

5 hours ago, Gerli said:

I did have the same thinking back when I come from 3Dmax... you can get the basics in a couple days... it's really easy!

That's the issue - getting the basics in a couple of days isn't really "easy". The basics are navigation in the tool, primitives and boolean operations. Took me a whole day, because I am used to 3DS shortcuts. It was confusing as hell.

Anyway - blender, as soon as you can work in it, is a mighty tool.

• 2 months later...