Original Haruhiko Mikimoto Megazone 23 Eve Shikishi Commission Projects for Sale

JetJockey

I thought I would start a topic for these instead of burying them in the Megazone 23 topics. Animeigo did a Kickstarter for a Megazone 23 Blu-ray a while back and had around 10 to 20 slots for original shikishi artwork from Haruhiko Mikimoto. But now Animeigo is taking separate shikishi commissions.

What I like about this is, it is a bit cheaper than on the Kickstarter. Of course you don't get the Megazone 23 Blu-ray. But I remember being upset with the original shikishi because I think it was just a straight shikishi offer and it was like you should be pleased with whatever you get. No communication with the artist it seemed. Animeigo has the following on the site now.

"You can make suggestions as to the situation, pose, and clothing."

This is good as perhaps you can get something really amazing. But he can only draw Eve. Still I'm really tempted. And I hope this might open up the possibility of other series he worked on in the future.

Price = $2,000

https://www.animeigo.com/products/mikimoto-eve-shikishi

Previous Examples:

I like the colors on both of these. I don't like the pose that much on the second one but the first one is really nice.

42218851_eve1.jpeg.4fbd2b47fe42642bfe4d2a60384f5cd4.jpeg

465774630_eve2.jpg.088d466bdfa7ea01ee3bce35b101922b.jpg

Interesting.. I was just thinking yesterday, as I looked at Mikimoto’s artworks, that his trademark watercolor style lends itself very well to the older IPs. Something about the light & less saturated colors, gives it the perfect nostalgic tint..