[R.I.P] Anne Rice

Old_Nash

I was into the Vampire Chronicles in high school (I took a French class where the teacher made us all pick French names and I even picked Lestat), but I kind of just stopped.  I think the last one I read was Memnoch the Devil, but I don't really remember much of the last two.  I remember really loving The Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned, though.

2 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

I was into the Vampire Chronicles in high school (I took a French class where the teacher made us all pick French names and I even picked Lestat), but I kind of just stopped.  I think the last one I read was Memnoch the Devil, but I don't really remember much of the last two.  I remember really loving The Vampire Lestat and Queen of the Damned, though.

I started reading her Vampire novels in my twenties. I think Memnoch was as far as I got as well- maybe Armand?- been way too many years, and I vaguely remember them now. But yeah, Interview with the Vampire came out in theaters, and I think that was my launchpad into the books, which I enjoyed even more. Ms. Rice could certainly tell a good tale and create engaging characters. And like @TangledThorns says, she popularized the heavily romanticized vampire theme that continues to inform stuff like Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Series to this day.

RIP Ms. Rice, and thanks for the stories.

• azrael locked this topic