Keiko Nobumoto has passed away

Marzan

Keiko Nobumoto who wrote the screenplay to Macross Plus has passed away at the age of 57. Way too young. She penned so, so many of my favorite shows (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Tokyo Godfathers, Space Dandy). And she was the creator of another classic, Wolf's Rain. RIP.

12 hours ago, Marzan said:

Keiko Nobumoto who wrote the screenplay to Macross Plus has passed away at the age of 57. Way too young. She penned so, so many of my favorite shows (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Tokyo Godfathers, Space Dandy). And she was the creator of another classic, Wolf's Rain. RIP.

I'm a little ashamed to say I didn't know her name, although she's worked on any number of anime that I like, especially Macross Plus, which is still my favorite of the Macross series. Indeed, she passed too young (only seven years older than me), and she leaves both a great legacy and a great void for what she may have produced had she remained with us. The greatest void, however, lies with her friends, family, and fans for the human being we've lost. RIP Nobumoto-san