Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Nora pre-order/released thread

treatment

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • treatment changed the title to Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Nora pre-order/released thread
5 hours ago, treatment said:

Exchange-rate is currently at 136y to 1USD as of this posting.

So still available at amz-jp:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B09MRXM5GV/

image.png.e0d95c4266bd9fd10c6cc6c352cccf6c.png

Assuming that the exchange rate will be the same-ish when it ships/ card gets charged (should be close) with shipping that's $316. Not too shabby for an Arcadia. Unfortunately that is not DHL shipping in this listing. I'm pretty sure that's slow boat.

For those of you that have paid your final total with DHL or FedEx shipping what was your total cost sitting on your doorstep?

I'm having a really hard time with this one. I have two Yamato's on display and they look great. Do I really need Arcadia's and want to deal with selling the Yamato's?:pardon:

Edited by sqidd

HLJ asked for 36800JPY for the Valkyrie and 7740JPY in shipping (FedEx). At the conversion rate when I was charged, that came out to $274 + $54 US or $328 total.

I’m not charged any foreign transaction fees.

That said, my estimates in the Ivanov thread were low by $6 on the final total but in the ballpark. The new numbers come from my credit card statement.

32 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

Ordering directly from Amazon Japan from the US ... is it as easy as creating an Amazon Japan account and if the item ships to the US, it just works? I haven't done it before ... so apologies if this is a noob question. TIA.

Yep that's pretty much it.

I do miss the days of flat rate DHL shipping for only 1200 yen though. :(

9 hours ago, sqidd said:

Assuming that the exchange rate will be the same-ish when it ships/ card gets charged (should be close) with shipping that's $316. Not too shabby for an Arcadia. Unfortunately that is not DHL shipping in this listing. I'm pretty sure that's slow boat.

It ain't gonna be "slow boat".  Amz-jp never offered any slow-boat option.

For the "standard" shipping, it'll be a third-party "hand-over" to either USPS or even DHL themselves.  The company used on my last "standard" order is called SF Express. 

Took about as quck as DHL, but the hand-over to USPS was another 2-3 days, possibly due to being a weekend delivery.

That said, I'll be pretty annoyed if the 500y increase in shipping fees now is due to being DHL proper, aka "priority".

I wasn't offered DHL/Priority on my order.  :angry:

44 minutes ago, treatment said:

It ain't gonna be "slow boat".  Amz-jp never offered any slow-boat option.

For the "standard" shipping, it'll be a third-party "hand-over" to either USPS or even DHL themselves.  The company used on my last "standard" order is called SF Express. 

Took about as quck as DHL, but the hand-over to USPS was another 2-3 days, possibly due to being a weekend delivery.

That said, I'll be pretty annoyed if the 500y increase in shipping fees now is due to being DHL proper, aka "priority".

I wasn't offered DHL/Priority on my order.  :angry:

Moot point after I revisited @jenius review of the Arcadia Ivanov.

………what’s really damning here is that I might prefer having the significantly cheaper Yamato SV-51 and excess cash for other toys rather than the Arcadia SV-51. A second effort of a toy (particularly one at much higher prices) should make the original effort feel completely out-classed and this toy simply feels like an incremental improvement over the original. If there are future releases, and those releases don’t botch the legs, this toy will score just a bit higher than the original Yamato…

Pretty damming stuff when you alreday own a couple Yamato's that are in great shape.

Too bad. I like buying new toys!:D

37 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I posted this in the wrong thread.  Saw a single QA issue so far. 

Didn't that also happen with the Ivanovs as well? At least that can be remedied by gluing back on and isn't on the level of having two left feet. If that's the worst that can happen, I'll certainly take it over the myriad of other issues that could go wrong. *knock on wood*

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Didn't that also happen with the Ivanovs as well? At least that can be remedied by gluing back on and isn't on the level of having two left feet. If that's the worst that can happen, I'll certainly take it over the myriad of other issues that could go wrong. *knock on wood*

Based on the translation it sounds like the part wasn’t in the box.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Based on the translation it sounds like the part wasn’t in the box.

Ah, I just looked at the pics and assumed the two pictures were of the same booster, one with the part back on. Looking at it closer now, I see that they are two separate boosters.

Stuff like this is why I try to order from HLJ when I can manage to. If this happened to me, I would likely be able to ask them to send me the replacement part. 

Even over a year after I got Ivanov's SV-51 from them, they got me a replacement leg with the correct foot. 

Pretty sure they're just picture frame/plaque/decoration holders like these.
b16b223a-e36e-5658-b0f8-c75d8f73332c_700

I've always liked these sorts of things as a display option, since it gives you a lot more space, making a fighter-mode valk take up a similar amount of space to a battroid standing up.

5 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Ah, I just looked at the pics and assumed the two pictures were of the same booster, one with the part back on. Looking at it closer now, I see that they are two separate boosters.

Stuff like this is why I try to order from HLJ when I can manage to. If this happened to me, I would likely be able to ask them to send me the replacement part. 

Even over a year after I got Ivanov's SV-51 from them, they got me a replacement leg with the correct foot. 

In this case there are plenty of US stores that have a better handle on customer service offering this valk now too.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Pretty sure they're just picture frame/plaque/decoration holders like these.
b16b223a-e36e-5658-b0f8-c75d8f73332c_700

I've always liked these sorts of things as a display option, since it gives you a lot more space, making a fighter-mode valk take up a similar amount of space to a battroid standing up.

Yeah I found some for cheap on Amazon. They'll be a nice supplemental stand for filling up the remaining space in display cases without having to transform to battroid. :yahoo:

22 minutes ago, Mommar said:

In this case there are plenty of US stores that have a better handle on customer service offering this valk now too.

Are the Arcadia made valks part of the MWW or just Bandai?

I know stores like BBTS are also selling it, but it's at a higher price and probably a longer wait time to ship over the ocean unless there's some arrangement that allows the US stores to get them at or around the same time as the Japan release. If it's not part of the MWW, I'd think they'd have to keep some spares around to part out instead of going straight to Arcadia for extra parts like HLJ has done for me in the past, or maybe they can to go through their distributors. I have no idea really. This situation with Macross stuff being sold in US stores through official channels is pretty new so I have no idea what to expect. For the near future, I'll be ordering straight from Japanese stores unless US ones end up with better availability like for Bandai stuff, until more releases actually ship and there's more feedback.

2 minutes ago, chriswoo said:

additional availabilities at the usual jp-shop imports:

36.8k yen at HobbySearch https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10838368

37.6k yen at amiami:  https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-134156