Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Nora pre-order/released thread

treatment

Anyone notice any Canadian Stores that have it for preorder. I'm hoping to save money. These sv-51 releases rape me on shipping and customs fees. I recently nabbed an Ivanov for 25000 yen. Then with shipping it got bumped up 37000 yen and $100 of customs fees. If some Canadian sites get this bird i will be saving some money.

Edited by Sandman

It's great that domestic retailers can carry them now, but that's quite the markup at BBTS.

It's $379 shipped from Amazon Japan for me. Don't think HLJ will be lower than that, but Arcadia hasn't yet shown they can deliver an Sv-51 without problems, so I'll stick with HLJ just in case we get two right arms or something. 

5 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Didn't we used to be able to see an estimate on shipping for HLJ? I can't seem to see it now and it would be nice to have an idea how much it would cost shipped. 

HLJ does not do estimate but you can add in the SV-51 Ivanov that is currently instock and you will be able to see the shipping rate when you select "ship now" instead of "private warehouse"

image.png.db81981437628aa662bcbd15005a86fb.png

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

It's great that domestic retailers can carry them now, but that's quite the markup at BBTS.

It's $379 shipped from Amazon Japan for me. Don't think HLJ will be lower than that, but Arcadia hasn't yet shown they can deliver an Sv-51 without problems, so I'll stick with HLJ just in case we get two right arms or something. 

Exactly why I wanted to go with HLJ. They helped me out with the Ivanov that had the two left feet even though it was like a year after I ordered it from them.

50 minutes ago, F360 said:

HLJ does not do estimate but you can add in the SV-51 Ivanov that is currently instock and you will be able to see the shipping rate when you select "ship now" instead of "private warehouse"

image.png.db81981437628aa662bcbd15005a86fb.png

Thanks! I didn't realize they still had some in stock.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

HLJ comes out to $378 based on the Ivanov unit with DHL shipping. A whole dollar cheaper than Amazon! Woohoo! :yahoo:

I may pull the trigger on the Ivanov version with my 10% off coupon. I see that it's in stock but I'm worried about getting two left ankles.

26 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

I may pull the trigger on the Ivanov version with my 10% off coupon. I see that it's in stock but I'm worried about getting two left ankles.

Contacted HLJ a while ago about the ankles, they confirmed that their entire stock has been checked and is good. Ordered one (with 20% off), and it's fine.

33 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Contacted HLJ a while ago about the ankles, they confirmed that their entire stock has been checked and is good. Ordered one (with 20% off), and it's fine.

Ok, thanks for that. I guess no worries about getting one then. Now if only I had a 20% off coupon instead of 10%!

1 hour ago, Gabe Q said:

There wasn't any news regarding Ivanov's reissue so I guess the ankles were corrected for that release. :good: 

It sounds like it's their license with Big West that's the issue, and said license probably predates the current BW-HG agreement.

So there's some hope in the future that the BW-Arcadia license is changed to allow international release (though Arcadia would likely also need a HG license for SDFM things like kite emblem and such).

8 hours ago, treatment said:

Out of curiosity since I don't have Arcadia's Ivanov's SV-51. The things that they pointed out on that blog, are those kind of fine tuning for this release so technically those weren't included in Ivanov's mold?

Also, the last photo, not sure if it's just the placement or perspective of it, but Nora looks somehow smaller than Shin and La Salle.

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Out of curiosity since I don't have Arcadia's Ivanov's SV-51. The things that they pointed out on that blog, are those kind of fine tuning for this release so technically those weren't included in Ivanov's mold?

Also, the last photo, not sure if it's just the placement or perspective of it, but Nora looks somehow smaller than Shin and La Salle.

He's just walking through transformation steps where a little extra care will help you prevent getting stress marks or scratched paint.

1 hour ago, chriswoo said:

it could be some pin and peg feature to stablize those finicky wings and fin stablizer part. I think those bottom feature also new. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

He's just walking through transformation steps where a little extra care will help you prevent getting stress marks or scratched paint.

Thanks guys! So in other words no other fixes or upgrades from Ivanov's molds?

On 12/21/2021 at 8:29 PM, chriswoo said:

Talking about sv-51 was vf 27 is direct successor to it as it share so many similarity.

IMG_20211221_202523.jpg

You probably will get a more detailed answer on the relationship between sv-51 and vf 27 if you asked the question in the macross movie and tv> short question thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...