On 11/30/2021 at 9:30 PM, JetJockey said:

My only experience with NECA are the several Godzilla figures I bought.  I think one of them came with a busted ball joint in the tail, but I got it replaced.  The rest seem fine (knock on wood).

The Robocop looks pretty cool, but yeah... maybe I'll wait for some reviews?

I have an NECA Robocop that I did my own "Murphy" head for a few years back. Right now, it's sitting in the repair bay while I redo the elbow joints (they shattered). Thinking of just replacing the shoulder joints as well and trying to get it as close to the way Peter Weller could actually move in the suit in the 1987 movie.

Switched my preorders from Dorkside to The Chosen Prime for Ultimate Robocop and Ultimate Battle Damaged Robocop with chair since they were the same price.  I'll get some extra points with The Chosen Prime.

45 minutes ago, danth said:

Who's the character on the left in orange? She's kinda neat looking.

I believe she originates from the old Aliens VS Predators video games.  Not sure if she goes back to the Arcade version or was a later addition on a console game.

20 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

My only experience with NECA are the several Godzilla figures I bought.  I think one of them came with a busted ball joint in the tail, but I got it replaced.  The rest seem fine (knock on wood).

The Robocop looks pretty cool, but yeah... maybe I'll wait for some reviews?

I think Hot Toys made a Robocop. I vaguely remember Hot Toys's version of the big mech from Robocop having problems.

I remember my first experience with Neca was poor. I saw the pre-order or promo pictures of a figure. I was looking forward to it. Then I saw it on release at a comic shop and it didn't look as well painted as that promo picture. I was kind of shocked. That was the first time I saw a real bait and switch type situation with a toy.

1 hour ago, danth said:

36 minutes ago, Wolf-1 said:

I believe she originates from the old Aliens VS Predators video games.  Not sure if she goes back to the Arcade version or was a later addition on a console game.

I believe it was only an arcade game. I know I never finished it and it's on my list to find one day.

Edited by JetJockey

45 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

I think Hot Toys made a Robocop. I vaguely remember Hot Toys's version of the big mech from Robocop having problems.

I remember my first experience with Neca was poor. I saw the pre-order or promo pictures of a figure. I was looking forward to it. Then I saw it on release at a comic shop and it didn't look as well painted as that promo picture. I was kind of shocked. That was the first time I saw a real bait and switch type situation with a toy.

I believe it was only an arcade game. I know I never finished it and it's on my list to find one 

I think Hot Toys gave us the best robocop and ed-209 that there is in my opinion, to bad its not a cheap option at all.

16385793128606496846924225592790.jpg

I'm mainly getting the Ultimate Robocop and Ultimate Battle Damaged Robocop to go with the collection of all of my other NECA Robocops.

neca3.JPG.d06d05ce62fcb8ebc95e037cc6fa7dba.JPG

robocop3.JPG.4283a1314b40bd1335771f901dcc536f.JPG

robocopglow.jpg.46ccb7e8454b8a3dc108b054787b68c8.jpg

robocopnes.JPG.8f6cdfbd9f64232c702cc90582f600c8.JPG

Since Greenlight will most likely release a 1/18 scale 1986 Ford Taurus Detroit Police Car, I'll be getting that to go with Hiya Toys' 1/18 scale Robocop, ED-209, and Cain.

3 hours ago, danth said:

That's Linn from the Capcom Alien vs Predator arcade game.  She was released with Dutch.

Edited by sh9000

On 12/4/2021 at 9:57 AM, dragonstar1982 said:

I think Hot Toys gave us the best robocop and ed-209 that there is in my opinion

Say what you will about NECA, but their ED-209 is holding up well in my display...

1723179568_holdingup.jpg.4d455484419157ab37fd4f7c64e9f3da.jpg

...whereas my Hot Toys version is disintegrating. :(

1212066126_materialfail.jpg.84696c3ad4c39bf02748ab08141d447b.jpg

On 12/4/2021 at 11:05 AM, sh9000 said:

Greenlight will most likely release a 1/18 scale 1986 Ford Taurus Detroit Police Car

If true, that would be a dream come true for me. 😍

Yeah I think that's the issue that people were talking about on the SideshowCollectors forum a while back. That and Hot Toys rubber bodies in general were causes to be concerned about if you did a lot of posing or didn't store them in good areas. I don't know anything about that ED-209 like why that would need to be a rubber type of material unless it was like that in the movie.

37 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

Yeah I think that's the issue that people were talking about on the SideshowCollectors forum a while back. That and Hot Toys rubber bodies in general were causes to be concerned about if you did a lot of posing or didn't store them in good areas. I don't know anything about that ED-209 like why that would need to be a rubber type of material unless it was like that in the movie.

Man... HT must use some really crappy rubber/vinyl material. Glad I never got their stuff!

36 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Man... HT must use some really crappy rubber/vinyl material. Glad I never got their stuff!

I think it's just rubber in general that you really need to store properly or just expect it to degrade over time. I've seen people be wary about rubber materials on high end watches as well. But speaking about figures, I have Hot Toys 89 Batman and I don't have problems with it.