ThreeZero ROBOTECH (Macross) Toys

kyekye

10 hours ago, Chowser said:

i hope they’re just doing this one for now and start releasing destroids and enemy stuff and do the other vfs later

But there's always new collectors everyday that want a VF collection of the mains without forking out an arm or a leg on Ebay's Yamatos / Bandais.

Personally, I'm hoping for some decent Regults and low-vis variations of the VFs from this line.

4 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

But there's always new collectors everyday that want a VF collection of the mains without forking out an arm or a leg on Ebay's Yamatos / Bandais.

This is a good point.  Not everybody is starting out in the same position a lot of us are.  

It seems as though the VF-1 is notoriously hard to get right, capturing all the nuances of the sculpt here and there. Every company who tries tackling the VF-1 has to go through several iterations before getting it just right and even then it's often up for debate. I'm happy to see someone else giving it a shot. It's going to be interesting to see how it turns out. Bandai and YamCadia have set a pretty high bar at this point.

2 hours ago, Drad said:

It seems as though the VF-1 is notoriously hard to get right, capturing all the nuances of the sculpt here and there. Every company who tries tackling the VF-1 has to go through several iterations before getting it just right and even then it's often up for debate. I'm happy to see someone else giving it a shot. It's going to be interesting to see how it turns out. Bandai and YamCadia have set a pretty high bar at this point.

It’s mostly due to the animation at the time. Everything was hand drawn to look as awesome as possible. So in the transformable toy situation you can have one company that does a better fighter mode, while making an ok battroid mode or vice versa. In the kc from what I’ve seen it’s down the middle on all modes so it’s consistently ok in all modes, but not great in either. I do have to say that they have been making improvements and I’m kinda waiting to see if they come out with something in another couple generations of reworks that actually is great at least in the battroid mode. Maybe the competition with other companies in similar scales will force that to happen sooner than later. But the three zero is already starting out pretty good. I’ll hang back on this 1j and see the reviews before deciding if I should get into them or not 

On 7/28/2022 at 7:28 PM, DewPoint said:

HCM_VF_1J.jpg.e626d85d588176d272ddade2bdfd563c.jpg

HCM is still my nostalgia king!  But if they can sell me a VF-1 for $60, HCM will go into the closet for next to forever!  ..... maybe. :p Probably never going to happen at that price. :cray:Wait and see I guess.

If they could do it for $60, that would be worth trying for a x-mas gift!

• 2 weeks later...

These ThreeZero VF-1's look alright so far. Does anyone else suffer from VF-1-specific OCD and is triggered by the panel lining being different from what we've seen in the past? I know they're doing their own thing, but I can't un-see it. Those textured chest intakes throw me as well.

Still hope they turn out well. More the merrier.

• 8 months later...

I hope they tone down the heavy panel lining, it reminds me of KC's first VF-1S V 1.0 release...but they got better, at least in terms of the panel lining, with further releases....will still give it a shot...at this point it just has to be slightly better than KC's 1/72 VF-1

Those chest mesh vents in previous prototype appear to be gone now. Unpopular opinion, but I actually kinda like that creative interpretation, mainly because there are already so many sculpt-accurate VF-1 in other scales.

Just now, MKT said:

Those chest mesh vents in previous prototype appear to be gone now. Unpopular opinion, but I actually kinda like that creative interpretation, mainly because there are already so many sculpt-accurate VF-1 in other scales.

That, I'm afraid that like with other franchises Valkyries are reaching to the point that there is no much difference between brands out of scale. Since Bandai brought the new gerwalk joint in the DX line we have already seen a couple of copy pastas.

Still waiting for some missing things like the magic hands, which could be cool for the DX line, or the atmospheric booster maybe for the HI Metal R given the size of the booster.

Bandai went a similar approach with the DX YF-19 by throwing in a high enewgy module (?) In the bundle, something that YamArcadia never did.

Edited by Froy

7 hours ago, Froy said:

That, I'm afraid that like with other franchises Valkyries are reaching to the point that there is no much difference between brands out of scale. Since Bandai brought the new gerwalk joint in the DX line we have already seen a couple of copy pastas.

Still waiting for some missing things like the magic hands, which could be cool for the DX line, or the atmospheric booster maybe for the HI Metal R given the size of the booster.

Bandai went a similar approach with the DX YF-19 by throwing in a high enewgy module (?) In the bundle, something that YamArcadia never did.

Agreed on the magic hands, and the atmospheric booster which was floated by Fext Hobby at one time, but never came to be.

Bandai’s new thigh joint can now be seen as the biggest innovation for VF-1 toys. Quite the game changer in articulation, that any new VF-1 molds without it would be quite the regression. I wish the HMR VF-1 revivals had included this too.

26 minutes ago, Big s said:

Nah, he’s just been working those pecs since the last time you saw him

must be from lifting that heavy looking gunpod daily.

100 gunpod reps! 😂

30 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

It could just be different colors of plastic or the chest plate and lower legs are diecast with the ankle tilt flap being plastic.

mmmmm. well...

5 minutes ago, jenius said:

That pic with battroid on the left may have some lens distortion.

hmmmmmm...

Plus didnt notice that the fighter fuselage forward slants seems to be hosting a beehive ...

must be a sweet valk! 🤣

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

mmmmm. well...

Oh I must have posted at the same time as you but I wasn't responding to your post.  Just making an observation about which parts might be plastic or diecast.  There are some changes in the figure though from the pic you posted recently.

the one at the show doesn't seem to have panel lines on the chest and shoulders as dark (and looking bad) as the earlier photos.  hopefully its like that vs. the earlier photo.  Also this build does look thicker and chunkier overall.  Look at the legs too.  This isnt a svelte yamato//arcadia copycat.  it doesn't look bad.  i might give it a chance.

• 1 month later...

Will definitely get it once a pre-order is announced...seems a bit beefier than the KC....the only gimmick I can see is the one they copied from the Bandai 1/72 transforming kit from several years back....the outward extending lower leg plate....not lineart accurate though....but may allow for some aggressive a-stance poses...

Yeahh that ankle flap piece will greatly complement the outward hip joint pioneered by the Chogokin.
The legs on other hand doesn't appear to be as long as the other VF-1 toys, making it look wee bit stockier. Perhaps it's a Threezero thing as its also something we see on their Voltron too. Interested to see more Fighter pics to gauge how much of it is affected by the shorter legs.

Never have gotten anything from ThreeZero, but their scupt looks pretty good.  I like Kitzconcept, but the toys with fast packs are as much as Arcadia 1/60 scale VF-1's.  Looks like it may have an articulated air brake.  I wonder if the nose cone coming off is for a GBP set that they might release, or is it a Radar array gimmick under the radome?

Twich