DX YF-29 Durandal (Maximillian Jenius Unit) WWM Release

no3Ljm

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Kawamori just made up both M&M’s 29 

Both? You mean the YF-29 we saw is actually a husband and wife time-share and they each get to use it every other month out of the year? Or they purposely spent their savings buying the YF-29 so they could fight and bicker over it? :lol:

Maybe visiting their daughter Emilia (where she resides during the events Macross 7: Galaxy is Mine) or still goes singing with the Space Whales and visits her other daughters as Max is too busy during his Command. 

There’s no doubt that Milia has a YF-29 and hid it somewhere safe while Max was out on his duty and didn’t tell him when she has received a unit for her personal use. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that YF-29s are NEVER giving out for personal use. They are "issued out" for "testing" and to "gather performance data" for refinement.  Its performance is so far out on the edge that only a very small number of people can handle that role. :crazy:  So Max and Milia are "doing them a favor" by squeezing in some "testing" sessions during their busy work and personal lives.  Is Alto really good enough to take the YF-29 to its limits and come back alive?  8P I think we all know what happened there. :p  And Iasmu is well... :crazy:  You know... 8P  

I finished weathering Max's YF-29.  Worked on it on and off over the past few weeks.

I'll take some more pics with and without the supers later. I need to start deleting more photos from my Flickr account because it's getting near that 1000 photo limit and the price they're charging for pro these days is just not worth it for what I'm using it for. 

52432556757_3c6cd31b43_k.jpg

52432556662_b57680d2c8_k.jpg

52433518340_2bc165c4ad_k.jpg

52432556627_a11bada5a4_k.jpg

52433064571_5057210afa_k.jpg

52434735712_ed9ff97856_k.jpg

52434735732_cf7441efd0_k.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie
added a couple more pics

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

y u du dis:cray:

When have I ever not done this? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I finished weathering Max's YF-29.  Worked on it on and off over the past few weeks.

I'll take some more pics with and without the supers later. I need to start deleting more photos from my Flickr account because it's getting near that 1000 photo limit and the price they're charging for pro these days is just not worth it for what I'm using it for. 

Looking good! :good:

I'll make the landing gears white on mine, but all other work will have to wait until I come back from Japan. :yahoo:

9 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

beautiful!  not too heavy handed and calls out all the right details!

10 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Looking great @MacrossJunkie:good:

On top of the general colour scheme for Max's, one of the nice standout detail unique to this scheme would be the bronze intake covers that's very visible on battroid. Somehow makes it pop. 

29 minutes ago, Mommar said:

It's bronze?  In photos it looks pink.

By my judgment, it's more copper than bronze.  I'd say it's about 80%-ish copper and about 20% rose gold mixed in. It's not pink, but not purely copper either. Looks that way to me both in person and in photos on my monitors.

3 hours ago, Sokeijon said:

Finally got mine, but very frustrating and hard to adjust closing up those gaps. 

It is kinda par for Bandai's Macross molds of that era though. Which is why Arcadia's molds generally have much better precision with their tighter fit, whilst Bandai's always feel a bit more toylike with slightly more freeplay and gaps here and there..

3 hours ago, Sokeijon said:

Finally got mine, but very frustrating and hard to adjust closing up those gaps. 

IMG_20221020_180619.jpg

it don't look too bad, mine was way worse out of the box. Looks like the shoulder hinge joints are not pushed up all the way. transform it to massage & work out the kinks.:good:

Yeah, the -25/29 diecast shoulder bits are "unintuitive" to get lined up, but you almost always can get them to fit with very little gappage.  But it does tend to require "adjust them to where you think is right, THEN swing arm assembly into place".  Trying to adjust the shoulders after the arms are in fighter mode doesn't tend to work well----have to swing the arms back out, adjust shoulder, swing arms back in.....

7 hours ago, MKT said:

It is kinda par for Bandai's Macross molds of that era though. Which is why Arcadia's molds generally have much better precision with their tighter fit, whilst Bandai's always feel a bit more toylike with slightly more freeplay and gaps here and there..

My Alto does not has such big gaps. Yeah agree, Arcadia have much better precision and alignment. So far, VF-31 is the best among all the DX Chogokin.

7 hours ago, Angesdad said:

it don't look too bad, mine was way worse out of the box. Looks like the shoulder hinge joints are not pushed up all the way. transform it to massage & work out the kinks.:good:

Perhaps and I should try to transform it several times to see if it fits better.

5 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

Yeah, the -25/29 diecast shoulder bits are "unintuitive" to get lined up, but you almost always can get them to fit with very little gappage.  But it does tend to require "adjust them to where you think is right, THEN swing arm assembly into place".  Trying to adjust the shoulders after the arms are in fighter mode doesn't tend to work well----have to swing the arms back out, adjust shoulder, swing arms back in.....

Alright, will re-do again. Thanks for the tips~