DX YF-29 Durandal (Maximillian Jenius Unit) WWM Release

no3Ljm

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Ship 1 item, get a 5% discount coupon. 10% coupon if you ship 2 or more items. Coupon food for anything, even preorders. It was in my email.

Promotion good until midnight Japan time.... so a little over an hour from now.

Still waiting on my promo code, and I shipped some stuff out on Wed.

3 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Aren't the wings supposed to be collapsed when the super parts are attached?

For those with yf-29's, how well does it handle in terms of transformation, say in comparison to vf-31's? - this one being my first 29, I'm excited and anxious at the same time to finally get to play with it.:rolleyes:  

18 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Aren't the wings supposed to be collapsed when the super parts are attached?

Yes, it should be collapsed. :good: 

4 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

For those with yf-29's, how well does it handle in terms of transformation, say in comparison to vf-31's? - this one being my first 29, I'm excited and anxious at the same time to finally get to play with it.:rolleyes:  

Compared to 31, I have to say the 29 is a breeze for the most part except the crotch area because you have to rotate the leg like I believe 180° degrees. And sometimes the joint is tight esp when it's new. There's a couple of things you only need to watch out for when transforming, the shoulder metal part to not scratch the paint, and the horn. That's it. Enjoy and have fun! ;) 

I always found getting the arms and shoulder pauldrons all tucked away into fighter without scratching anyway to be the annoying part of the YF-29 transformation.

Overall, I find the VF-25 to be a step forward from the YF-29 (which came first).

Edited by Lolicon

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I always found getting the arms and shoulder pauldrons all tucked away into fighter without scratching anyway to be the annoying part of the YF-29 transformation.

Overall, I find the VF-25 to be a step forward from the YF-29 (which came first).

Yes I watched youtube clips for both, seems to me they're quite similar as far as transformation. Two questions scratching my head; the base plate where the head sits on, do you push it up and slide it back going into battroid. the entire back piece with the wings, when you fold it down does it click into something or is it free floating?

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

This. I usually end up taking the pauldrons off the 29 to avoid scratching the finish off them when transforming them and either leaving them off in fighter mode or snapping them back on after everything else is done.

3 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Yes I watched youtube clips for both, seems to me they're quite similar as far as transformation. Two questions scratching my head; the base plate where the head sits on, do you push it up and slide it back going into battroid. the entire back piece with the wings, when you fold it down does it click into something or is it free floating?

The base plate should be slid back, yes. The backplate does not click into anything. it's more or less free floating, but I've never had issues with it flopping around.

Hmm.. I think a comparison with Max’s and Rod Baltmore’s 29 (sans Supers on both) will show up eventually. 

Special request - Can anyone switch the figure of Max to Michael (from Frontier) for a photo op? Bonus if Basara can be added to it as well. 

Got mine today from FedEx. My initial impression while handling it is that while it looks gorgeous, the toy overall feels kind of loose. Particularly the outward swing of the arms at the shoulders, hip ball joints, and the ankles. The ankles are particularly problematic by not being stiff enough and makes the toy want to fall backwards when trying to stand it up. Even worse with the supers on. QC continues to slip at Bandai. The ankles, at the very least, have never been a problem for me until now for the VF-25s and YF-29s which use the same parts there. It's also the first time that the entire gun came out of the turret housing when extending it out.  I was pulling on the barrel when the whole extending arm of the gun came out fairly easily.  It was easy to put back in, but I never had to worry about pulling the whole thing off before.

3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Got mine today from FedEx. My initial impression while handling it is that while it looks gorgeous, the toy overall feels kind of loose. Particularly the outward swing of the arms at the shoulders, hip ball joints, and the ankles. The ankles are particularly problematic by not being stiff enough and makes the toy want to fall backwards when trying to stand it up. Even worse with the supers on. QC continues to slip at Bandai. The ankles, at the very least, have never been a problem for me until now for the VF-25s and YF-29s which use the same parts there. It's also the first time that the entire gun came out of the turret housing when extending it out.  I was pulling on the barrel when the whole extending arm of the gun came out fairly easily.  It was easy to put back in, but I never had to worry about pulling the whole thing off before.

I got mine from HLJ just today as well. Will check it out after work tonight. For the looseness in the ankles, aren't there any screws you can tighten? - no idea never handled 29 or 25.:unknw:

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

That was quick, it jumped from 25 to 27k yen when the previous release Bogue AX is still sitting at 25k.

27 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

I got mine from HLJ just today as well. Will check it out after work tonight. For the looseness in the ankles, aren't there any screws you can tighten? - no idea never handled 29 or 25.:unknw:

That was quick, it jumped from 25 to 27k yen when the previous release Bogue AX is still sitting at 25k.

That was very fast, definitely a popular Valk right now. 

Was going to ask if there are any issues with this release but it sounds like there very well might be.  It's tough when it looks so good for it to have any issues.  I could understand over time things getting loose but right out of the box sucks.  I want to reserve judgement and see if others have problems as well before I pull the trigger on getting one.

I'm curious to hear from other people on how theirs are. It could be I just lost the Bandai gamble and got the crap end of the stick with it having multiple issues and that everyone else's is fine or at least not as problematic.

A new thing I noticed while putting on the supers: the port-side booster doesn't clip in securely for mine. There's something wrong with possibly the pegs that makes it not sit in the holes properly. It basically pivots on the back peg on the booster because the front ones don't stay in. It's not an issue with the starboard one.

What's incredibly frustrating is that none of these problems were problems with literally every other 29 I have,.. and I have them all except for the Focker colored anniversary 29, including the original and re-issue Alto 29.

Edit: Forgot to mention that people must have been handing the canopies before the tinting had dried because there is a permanent fingerprint that isn't mine on the canopy. I'll either have to remove the tinting and add my own or dip it in Future and hope that it hides it.

Edited by MacrossJunkie