DX YF-29 Durandal (Maximillian Jenius Unit) WWM Release

no3Ljm

31 minutes ago, Mommar said:

September, huh?  I ordered mine domestically  and it’s estimated at November.

image.png.1476a990a27ff821e38b81d10d7dc328.png

November isn't too bad. It's usually at least three months later. I ordered the MP-57 Skyfire in Japan instead of going through Hasbro because the difference in release dates was five(!) months.

There’s one thing still missing @Angesdad. The M&M DX 29 Full Set is not complete until Milia’s Full Set 29 shows up (unless Milia is still tied to her desk from the Protodevlin experience from M7). 

Or if anyone wants to a quick mash up of a possible Milia’s Full Set 29, then where stuck with only the granddaughter’s and granddad’s Jenius Air Represenation. 

13 hours ago, borgified said:

There’s one thing still missing @Angesdad. The M&M DX 29 Full Set is not complete until Milia’s Full Set 29 shows up (unless Milia is still tied to her desk from the Protodevlin experience from M7). 

Or if anyone wants to a quick mash up of a possible Milia’s Full Set 29, then where stuck with only the granddaughter’s and granddad’s Jenius Air Represenation. 

She isn't in the movie.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:05 AM, Mommar said:

September, huh?  I ordered mine domestically  and it’s estimated at November.

Same here. This happened too with the VF-25 Messiah Worldwide. 

Despite the fact that these figures are licensed to be sold worldwide, they are not launched at the same time, and the local distributors have to import the stock from Japan, wich adds that month aprox. to the launch date in Japan, resulting in november in this case. 

Maybe one day they will be distributed globally and faster by Bandai itself, but for now that's what we have. At least we are able to preorder comfortably from a local store, wich is a lot. I can wait a month.

Edited by Miles_Wolf

On 8/16/2022 at 4:40 PM, Anasazi37 said:

image.png.1476a990a27ff821e38b81d10d7dc328.png

November isn't too bad. It's usually at least three months later. I ordered the MP-57 Skyfire in Japan instead of going through Hasbro because the difference in release dates was five(!) months.

I'm not worried by it, just an interesting note.  Because I didn't know what the difference was.  It does tend to shift depending on the company as well.  Storm Collectibles tends to be three to four weeks difference.  Mafex is nearly simultaneous worldwide now.  We've seen the Mospaeda stuff is about a month later.  Figuarts tends to be a month later as well and that's also Bandai so I assumed all Bandai would be the same but maybe that's different depending on the company division.

Edited by Mommar

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone willing to post pics of Max’s Full Set 29 (upon hand) with Michael’s 25 (with or without the Tornado Armor), Mr. Banana Split’s 29 and “The Next Best Girl’s” 31ax (or 31c with Supers if you prefer) in valk default?

If the Yamacadia 1j Max is available, then it can be added as well. 

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Is anyone willing to post pics of Max’s Full Set 29 (upon hand) with Michael’s 25 (with or without the Tornado Armor), Mr. Banana Split’s 29 and “The Next Best Girl’s” 31ax (or 31c with Supers if you prefer) in valk default?

If the Yamacadia 1j Max is available, then it can be added as well. 

Just asking out of curiosity, but why that specific combo?

Why the request on the weird combo @MacrossJunkie? Here's the answer:

When the actual DX Max 29 Full Set was shown, the colour used on Max's 29 looked like the colour scheme on Michael's 25 (Blue and White). Put on the Tornado add on to Michael's 25, then the capabilities of the 25 adds more oomph to the factor. The 29 was packed more with armory than compared with the regular 25 as the Durandal/Perceval was built during the war with the Vajra. Put on the Supers on the 29, then the 29 makes it look more aggressive. 

Mr. Banana Ear's 29 didn't get the Supers like the others, however on Macross 30, RB got the Supers and has two shades of blue. So naturally, why not see the similarities between Max's 29 Full Set upon release to RB's 29 (sans the Supers) besides the colour differences and its the same valk (a la Maibu Stacy, but with a new new hat/paint splash)

We all know that the 29 has more firepower and capability than the underpowered 31 (or the 31ax for that matter), so why not pull the grandfather and the granddaughter family combo: 31c with the Supers (if you guys prefer not to have it on, then it's fine) or with Mirage's 31ax with Jenius Family Crest which is emblazed on the back side of her valk and on Max's 29.  

Since where talking about Max, then why not have Max's first valk in the line up made for him: Yamacadia 1j and then the progression of his valks that he has flown (including the 1s in his short lived stint as Vermillion Squadron and his Q-RAU both in DYRL and the YF-22 in M7).  :hi:

Or is it way overly too ambitious??   

Unfortunately @derex3592, it’s not going to be delivered until sometime in Feb 2023. 

Good for those who are really tight on $$$, however are others be willing to wait another five months after the initial Japanese release or another three months after the domestic release in North American shores? 

I just noticed this on the Amazon page.

image.png.2eb4849271e4e238280ae0364302fc6a.png

What does that even mean? The minimum age of the manufacturer before it's allowed to make the toy? The manufacturer's recommended age of the person getting it?

What's the 180.0? Seconds? Minutes? Days? Years? The amount of time it takes Usain Bolt to do that many 200m dashes? 😛

1 hour ago, MacrossJunkie said:

I was just being silly. I assumed it was months as 180/12 = 15 which is much more reasonable than any other option.

Still what a weird way to state the recommended age. 😄

I guess it's "if you can do the math to figure out what we mean by 180, you're old enough to buy this"

maybe its because they see that most Macross fans are getting much older so they started using Months instead of Years to make it sound younger? 

example: like a Female lady that is over 30 but she don't want to say it.  So she says 28 years old and then in a softer voice  "and 27 months".  :p

Maybe it's the combination of colors and the shade of blue they chose to use, but I feel like this one looks a lot better than the other 29's, except for Ozma's (after I fixed it to match the game's which it did not look like out of the box). They even managed to get the tampo printing for the crest on the black swing bar for the turret.

It's got that deep blue that looks similar to the blue that Yamato used on the VF-19S and F.