DX YF-29 Durandal (Maximillian Jenius Unit) WWM Release

no3Ljm

16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

He's a good pilot according to rumors. Not sure about the divorce. From what I know is that both are married to their professions instead. :rolleyes:

^_^

14 hours ago, Bolt said:

Lol. 

:lol:

13 hours ago, borgified said:

Oh @davidwhangchoi… 

Seems like an early onset of early Alzheimer’s and a hint of totally fried brain cells. I guess that the rest of us here should take over your Macross collection and split it. :p

:vava:

guys, i'm oing to hold off on Max till he arrives at the local Toys R Us

Now hold up here @davidwhangchoi

Isn't Toys R Us considered kaput in the States from what I understand? The only Toys R Us stores that are still open and running are in Asia, Europe and in Canada (honestly TRU stores up here have jack squat) . If you want one, then ask @tekering to get you a copy and he can send it over. 

Otherwise your totally out of the loop.   

Edited by borgified

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

I think it would have been nicer to have given Max the YF-30 and of course a great opportunity for fans to reacquire an iteration of that DX toy.

Would love to see someone work their Photoshop skills on a Max coloured YF-30.

The 29 is superior to the 30/31 IIRC from threads past. The 30/31 would be a downgrade for Max in that context.

1 hour ago, lechuck said:

I think it would have been nicer to have given Max the YF-30 and of course a great opportunity for fans to reacquire an iteration of that DX toy.

Would love to see someone work their Photoshop skills on a Max coloured YF-30.

Like this? ;) 

post-4286-0-12808400-1408075641_thumb.jpg.24141469f52c0dd41569f0ae2cc9dbb2.jpg

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Will this include some extra antennas/head-lasers?

My poor old yf29-rod desperately needs non-bananas...

😒

Looks like it. ;) :good: 

https://tamashii.jp/item/13952/

Under Product Detail Information:

セット内容
・本体 ・交換用手首左右各3種 ・ガンポッド ・パイロットフィギュア ・ナイフ ・スーパーパーツ一式 ・交換用頭部アンテナ ・専用ステージ一式

Set Content
• Body • 3 each Left and Right Hand Replacement • Gunpod • Pilot figure • Knife • Super Parts Set • Replacement Head Antenna • Dedicated Stage Set

*Edit: After posting this, I checked @jenius YF-29 review site to confirm what it was mentioned in the detail section above and the recent Alto YF-29 product page over Tamashii. And I think they probably meant the head fin antenna instead of the laser turrets. Sorry, @treatment.

Photo below from Anymoon.com.

Bandai-YF-29-Alto-Gift-Set-3.jpg 

Edited by no3Ljm

On 4/29/2022 at 3:05 PM, borgified said:

Now hold up here @davidwhangchoi

Isn't Toys R Us considered kaput in the States from what I understand? The only Toys R Us stores that are still open and running are in Asia, Europe and in Canada (honestly TRU stores up here have jack squat) . If you want one, then ask @tekering to get you a copy and he can send it over. 

Otherwise your totally out of the loop.   

:( i used to love KBtoys too. 

5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Lol! Yep! GI Joe and Transformers at Best and all the open sample electronics and appliances to play with.

Don't forget the catalog they mailed to your house several months before Christmas, packed with pictures of all the new toys, so you could get excited about them and then mercilessly try to convince your parents to buy them at every possible opportunity. My parents quickly learned to hide the catalog when it arrived, but I always managed to find it.

38 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Don't forget the catalog they mailed to your house several months before Christmas, packed with pictures of all the new toys, so you could get excited about them and then mercilessly try to convince your parents to buy them at every possible opportunity. My parents quickly learned to hide the catalog when it arrived, but I always managed to find it.

Haha yeah, I love catalogs! Did anyone else spend hours looking at those and playing games like imagining you could have one thing from every page?

1 hour ago, VF-1A Cannon Fodder said:

Every new catalog I’d circle my “wish list” toys that my parents never got anyways 😆

😭😂 Yep, that’s why I would just imagine it. 

Anyways, look forward to getting another Max Valk. I ended up getting from Japan again and at least it will still be cheaper that way. 

4 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha yeah, I love catalogs! Did anyone else spend hours looking at those and playing games like imagining you could have one thing from every page?

Noooo......I NEVER did that with the Best OR Service Merchandise OR Toys R Us OR OR OR....:rofl:

bunch of OLD farts around here I swear..oh wait..

Edited by derex3592

40 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Noooo......I NEVER did that with the Best OR Service Merchandise OR Toys R Us OR OR OR....:rofl:

bunch of OLD farts around here I swear..oh wait..

I don't think I ever had a Best around here, but I sure as hell remember Service Merchandise. Used to look for transformers toys in those catalogs.

13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Oh yes, I definitely did that. With all the catalogs that had toys in them.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

I used to work at a KB Toys.:D

I once worked at a Toys R Us over the Christmas shopping season. Needed some extra cash to help pay for school. I wasn't fully prepared for how horrible the parents would act, towards the employees and each other, as they tried to find the popular toys for their kids. The kids themselves were great, and it was nice to see their excitement as they wandered around the store. The one real perk of the job was that the manager let us set aside items we wanted as we were stocking the store each morning--as long we weren't too greedy. Got some nice stuff that way, but since I was saving for school, I missed out on a bunch of things. :(

Huh.. I would actually order with BBTS if I could get to the site, but it seems to be down for the moment.  Maybe related to the email I got from them about the Max 29 release? :p 

I think my ISP has been having some serious routing issues lately though.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Huh.. I would actually order with BBTS if I could get to the site, but it seems to be down for the moment.  Maybe related to the email I got from them about the Max 29 release? :p 

I think my ISP has been having some serious routing issues lately though.

This link doesn't work for you?
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/204738

13 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Oh yes, I definitely did that. With all the catalogs that had toys in them.

I once worked at a Toys R Us over the Christmas shopping season. Needed some extra cash to help pay for school. I wasn't fully prepared for how horrible the parents would act, towards the employees and each other, as they tried to find the popular toys for their kids. The kids themselves were great, and it was nice to see their excitement as they wandered around the store. The one real perk of the job was that the manager let us set aside items we wanted as we were stocking the store each morning--as long we weren't too greedy. Got some nice stuff that way, but since I was saving for school, I missed out on a bunch of things. :(

KB Toys in the mall was pretty mellow. I think I was 16. Just hung around mostly. Crappy parents don't stick out in my mind.

Can you imagine working for a big store during the Cabbage Patch craze?:bad:

I can still remember the news broadcast when all hell broke loose when the Cabbage Patch craze was on back in ‘82 - ‘83 (was in Elementary at that time). Actually played with them when growing up with my next door neighbour for a couple of years. 

Anyone feel like an old fossil? 🤣