DX YF-29 Durandal (Maximillian Jenius Unit) WWM Release

no3Ljm

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

It's the exact same mold as the recently reissued Alto 29, so it'll have all the same problems/fixes. It would be bizarre even for Bandai to switch back to a 10+ year old mold after spending the time and money to update it.

I didn't follow the reissue Alto 29.  Is there a summary of the issues somewhere?

24 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

I didn't follow the reissue Alto 29.  Is there a summary of the issues somewhere?

Check out @jenius blog on Scorch Earth Toys under the 29 Durandal section. There’s an update to Alto’s 1.5 29 Full Set with pics.

35 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

8 minutes ago, borgified said:

Check out @jenius blog on Scorch Earth Toys under the 29 Durandal section. There’s an update to Alto’s 1.5 29 Full Set with pics.

Here's @jenius YF-29 review link: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4937

15 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

this a good pilot?^_^

where is his wife? they divorced?

He's a good pilot according to rumors. Not sure about the divorce. From what I know is that both are married to their professions instead. :rolleyes:

Did you read @blackconvoy_D01's  write up near the top of this page @Jumbo?

It might be on Monday that we see local listings of it showing up mirroring the MWW Blue 25 if it does. The Japanese stores just had it late last night/early this morning (depending in whick time zones that your resending now) and it went fairly well except for AmiAmi as it was a lottery thing. 

No local istings of the MWW DX Max 29 Full Set as of now. 

10 minutes ago, borgified said:

Did you read @blackconvoy_D01's  write up near the top of this page @Jumbo?

It might be on Monday that we see local listings of it showing up mirroring the MWW Blue 25 if it does. The Japanese stores just had it late last night/early this morning (depending in whick time zones that your resending now) and it went fairly well except for AmiAmi as it was a lottery thing. 

No local istings of the MWW DX Max 29 Full Set as of now. 

thank you 

sorry i can't see the one u mention

5 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Looks like a couple others already answered your question. Overall the updates to the 29 were pretty minor, much like the renewal 27 was only a slight tweaking of the original mold. The most noticeable difference is the matte finish, which really improves the look versus the old glossy finish, which just made it look really cheap.

27 minutes ago, borgified said:

What else should I toss in the ring this time @no3Ljm?  The boxfull of Durians didn't work out during the pre-order madness as I guess that eveyone just blocked out the stench. Maybe multiple huge vats of Stinky Tofu might do the job? 🤣

You're familiar with Balut? :lol:

10 hours ago, Scyla said:

The more I look at the toy the more it looks like Michaels Valkyries instead of Max‘. The white stripe running up the middle of the legs throw me off.

Same here. That's one of my initial reaction when they showed this. Like, given that blue is more "Max", but for some reason seeing this blue in this Valk design tends to remind you of "Michael" instead.

Now, imagine if we slapped those Max markings on Perceval instead and add Super Parts this time around, I wonder what's the fans reaction is going to be? Max in a stealthy blue color YF-29. 8)

39 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Same here. That's one of my initial reaction when they showed this. Like, given that blue is more "Max", but for some reason seeing this blue in this Valk design tends to remind you of "Michael" instead.

Now, imagine if we slapped those Max markings on Perceval instead and add Super Parts this time around, I wonder what's the fans reaction is going to be? Max in a stealthy blue color YF-29. 8)

It is either not enough or too much blue to be Max‘ Valkyrie.

1 minute ago, Scyla said:

It is either not enough or too much blue to be Max‘ Valkyrie.

That's why they need to release DX Super VF-1A Hikaru. That's already two upcoming blue Valks. :lol:

I know, I know. I'm just stretching on Hikaru's VF-1A. I just want to be done with DX VF-1. :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Scyla said:

I wonder if we will get a Milia YF-29. But you could probably use Alto’s YF-29 as a stand in.

The question if so, how would Milia's 29 stand out more than with Alto's 29 ?   

Edit: I actually want to see the comparisons with Max's Full 29 with RB's 29 and Micheal's 25 if anyone has time upon getting it.    

Edited by borgified

20 minutes ago, borgified said:

Edit: I actually want to see the comparisons with Max's Full 29 with RB's 29 and Micheal's 25 if anyone has time upon getting it.    

Same here out of curiosity since I don't have Michael's 25 and I didn't PO Max's 29. But I have a feeling that RB's 29 is going to stand out more compared to the other two. :good: :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, borgified said:

The question if so, how would Milia's 29 stand out more than with Alto's 29 ?   

Maybe a shade of red that goes more into the Fire Valkyrie direction. Or more pinkish like Mirages VF-31.