DX YF-29 Durandal (Maximillian Jenius Unit) WWM Release

no3Ljm

2 hours ago, MKT said:

I wonder what changed at Bandai. They had no hesitation releasing every type of valk variant from Frontier then; even those from Macross 30 game. My top favorite colour scheme would be the YF-25 & it only appeared for couple of seconds in the movie?

But for Delta, quite a few have been held back.. super parts for some of the VF-31, SV-262 Elvis & Ba variant, VF-171 CF..

Guess the market response for the Delta toys was not the same....

Many vf31 were available afrer PO and release dates, even now you can find them unopened at reasonable prices.

Hope this Max release will help change the trend... we need updated vf 171cf, another run of vf 31 kairos, and vf22

@RealJayDee -  Bandai will not do another run on the 171CF Nightmare from Frontier/Delta era at all in another colour.  Look at the convoluted transformation on the legs and the weakest link on the Triangles on the CF. The VF-22 is a go if and when the YF-21 is fully green lit. 

Like I mentioned before: Bandai loves to pull a poker face and screw everyone else like HT with all teases and drops the ball down the road with no explanations why.

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Let's not forget that Frontier was a good show, whereas Delta is the worst entry in the Macross franchise, and honestly one of the worst anime I've watched in years. 

At least Macross 2 was short. :lol:

I really liked the first 12 episodes until the cockpit tomato soup.

After that it just fizzled out. 

I think @sqidd is right. Macross toys are probably produced by the same factories that do Metal Build and similar toy lines so you need to have a solid business case get a slot for your toy.

The Bogue toy is probably similar enough to the VF-31AX tooling to get a slot while a completely different tooling like an SV-262 or VF-171 are harder to justify. Especially for non hero Valkyries at this point.

It probably didn’t help that the SV-262 is super complex and didn’t sell well.

23 hours ago, sqidd said:

Same answer as two posts above.

If they thought they could make the type of money they need to make to green light a project, they would.

The biggest thing that Macross has working against it is lines like Gundam that rake in the bucks. If a company has X amount of time to put into projects it's going to put that time toward the ones that make the most return on investment. You could argue that they could make more money by hiring more people/ investing in infrastructure. But, there is an entirely different calculus for that. For example, I could do more business if I had more people/ infrastructure. But, building that infrastructure and hiring/ training those people doesn't have the right cost benefit ratio unless I plan on dramatically increasing production/sales. Making those big steps in company growth is a massive risk. 

I really like to think Bandai has taken a 100% bean counter approach to releasing toys in any particular line. After all it would be a very logical approach for a giant toy company that have survived & grown tremendously over the years.. Yet, I'm seeing some the opposite is true on some of their other toy lines. For eg, the non-Macross HMR lines are full of shelf-warmers, yet Bandai just continues announcing a new mold for these lines one after another..

Is it due to independent departments not aligned with corporate vision for a big company? Product managers having a lot of autonomy to release what they personally like instead of what fans want? Or they consolidate every potential product into a giant roulette wheel they push every so often to determine what gets released during their product planning meetings? We'll never know, and justify to ourselves whichever reasons that gives us comfort and not keep us up at night.. :p

32 minutes ago, MKT said:

I really like to think Bandai has taken a 100% bean counter approach to releasing toys in any particular line. After all it would be a very logical approach for a giant toy company that have survived & grown tremendously over the years.. Yet, I'm seeing some the opposite is true on some of their other toy lines. For eg, the non-Macross HMR lines are full of shelf-warmers, yet Bandai just continues announcing a new mold for these lines one after another..

Is it due to independent departments not aligned with corporate vision for a big company? Product managers having a lot of autonomy to release what they personally like instead of what fans want? Or they consolidate every potential product into a giant roulette wheel they push every so often to determine what gets released during their product planning meetings? We'll never know, and justify to ourselves whichever reasons that gives us comfort and not keep us up at night.. :p

The non-Macross HMRs have had quite a number of successes as well, the Dougram figures for example. For the non-Macross line there are more successes than failures.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Or all of the above.:D

I agree that bean counting is not the only thing that decides product development and releases. I have some good friends at Ford and you wouldn't believe how much money is gambled on pet projects. Generally it's decided by one person........without the input of the bean counters. The current EV market smoke and mirrors thing is a perfect example. Same thing with self driving cars. Both from a practical standpoint are completely unrealistic (as a large percentage of the fleet). Even Elon Musk will tell you that.

It's one of the scenarios honestly @Bolt and you know it.  

It's either complete the line up, get the specific characters that you identify with well, the design/presentation/colours/execution of the said item and also what @sqidd has mentioned before: "Money Talks". 

If anyone doesn't like the 29, then that's fine. More opportunity for the guys that want it, however that may change during pre-order madness due to FOMO. :unsure:   

58 minutes ago, Bolt said:

It's funny people point out it's just another 29 repaint. How many VF-1 repaints you got ?😜

Fair enough. I own 3x - VF-29s and all of them have floppy/weak hips with very little playwear - just standing and posing them in battroid mode. Very disappointing. Haven't had any weak hips with my VF-1s. :) 

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

It's funny people point out it's just another 29 repaint. How many VF-1 repaints you got ?😜

Hahaha! So true. :lol: 

I also have a lot of different repaints of VF-1's, VF-25's, YF-29's, VF-31's, and soon with the VF-31AX's. But each one of them have different head designs. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! So true. :lol: 

I also have a lot of different repaints of VF-1's, VF-25's, YF-29's, VF-31's, and soon with the VF-31AX's. But each one of them have different head designs. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Lol. I know, i know, same.
Just sayin🥸

I like that the cockpit canopy and the sensor unit in the nosecone are made out of different colored translucent plastic.

The YF-29 Fokker would have looked so much better than with the dark teal color shown on the early prototypes and not the fold quarz purple.

• no3Ljm changed the title to DX YF-29 Durandal (Maximillian Jenius Unit) WWM Release
13 minutes ago, borgified said:

From Stone Chung on "Fakebook"... 

Pre-orders are on late tomorrow evening or early Thursday morning guys. ;) 

BF890911-F55D-47CC-A771-CD4E051CB5D0.jpeg

I never noticed that before. There's a M&M emblem on the chest. That's cool.

That's the first time they put a marking on that YF-29 chest piece, right? The YF-29 'Roy' had the skull on the top chest section if I'm not mistaken.

27 minutes ago, borgified said:

Grand Daughter and Grand Dad valk pic in battroid formation.

FRY79b3aUAAarFc.jpg

I totally forgot that they were priced the same. For its price, I believe the YF-29 Full Set Pack is worth the money. :good: 

2 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

The Max YF-29 looks sexy AF, but how long will the hips keep that pose? Maybe 3 months? Then they become loose AF. 😐

Not sure if it will have the legs redone like the full set YF-29 Alto version. Perhaps they stand for longer than the original YF-29's?

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

It's the exact same mold as the recently reissued Alto 29, so it'll have all the same problems/fixes. It would be bizarre even for Bandai to switch back to a 10+ year old mold after spending the time and money to update it.

^exactly^

Edited by blackconvoy_D01