DX YF-29 Durandal (Maximillian Jenius Unit) WWM Release

no3Ljm

We actually don't know. Far as it seems (I haven't seen the movie yet) Milia is not in Absolute Live alongside Max and Exsedol, so no reason existed to have a VF for her.

While that would be an obvious mold milker for Bandai. This..

1 hour ago, Master Dex said:

We actually don't know. Far as it seems (I haven't seen the movie yet) Milia is not in Absolute Live alongside Max and Exsedol, so no reason existed to have a VF for her.

Unless there's a game coming out , that features a Milia version..🤷

Otherwise, someone will custom a fan made Milia version from their spare Alto YF-29..😉

Now the issue is if and when Milia’s DX 29 gets a custom build, what colour will it predominantly be? 

Alto’s got red with white on his 29, will Milia’s  29 be like her 22s is more with deeper pink in colour or something else? 

On 4/16/2022 at 9:44 PM, no3Ljm said:

Yes, it was featured in the last Delta movie.

I have been trying to get my hands on Zettai live movie but no luck. Any means to watch it? -Need to do my homework before proceeding with the rest of AX’s.😉

Pre-order for the movie as it releasing in September with Ranka's/Sheryl's short: Moment in Time (Blu-Ray) with English Subs

Amazon.jp - https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/河森正治/dp/B09XBKSQ3V/ref=tmm_dvd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

* So if you want to whine and be a Karen about why the release of the Blue Ray is pushed to Sept, then take it to proper people who is doing it, I'm just a messenger *

Edit: Check the Zettai Live Movie thread @Angesdad - More information is there, just gave you one option. This is possible one of the pics that might help you. 

Screenshot 2022-04-17 221229.png

Edited by borgified

• no3Ljm changed the title to DX Chogokin YF-29 Durandal (Maximillian Jenius Unit)
6 hours ago, borgified said:

* So if you want to whine and be a Karen about why the release of the Blue Ray is pushed to Sept, then take it to proper people who is doing it, I'm just a messenger *

But @borgified whyyyyyyy diiiiid yooooou deeeeeellllaaaayyy ittttt!!!!!

-Karen:D

On 4/15/2022 at 1:53 AM, Lolicon said:

Hmmm well I don't really love any of them, but I don't dislike any of them either. They're just varying levels of "decent but not amazing." Except the 30th anniversary livery. That thing is hideous. They have just enough wonky design choices to make drag them down, but not enough to make them bad. Like the tiger stripes or the angled spine stripe that kinda just tapers off.

None of them really stand out to me like Focker's VF-0/VF-1 or Isamu's YF-19 or Alto/Ozma's VF-25s.

I respectfully disagree about the 30th Anniv. YF-29.  I think it looks sharp.  The stripes look cool to me.  Honestly of all of them I like Isamu's the least.  Just kinda boring to me.  

Pre-orders are live for DX Max 29 Full Set on the 28th, most likely at 4pm JST. 

You guys should know the rules by now, pre-order links will be posted on the PO thread and keep this thread totally clear of unnecessary clutter. :)

3CB93F59-6E94-4123-8488-0CDD19348B7D.jpeg

Should be the usual sites just like the Blue 25 as well @General Rasp if this is geared to the mass Macross Worldwide release. 

Don’t know if Wally World or Best Buy will have this in store based on one member’s request somewhere in the threads (no names mentioned as I know who they are). 

Glad the 29 is a worldwide release... but let's be honest, how many of you are still gonna be up late on PO night trying to crawl your way through checkout at the usual Japanese shops? :rolleyes:

I'm hoping it doesn't take a week or two after Japan's PO before showing up on US retailer websites.

Good question @Master Dex 

I think my favorite 29 is the Ozoma version. But , of course, that might be because it's the only one I haven't owned 😜 

I would definitely buy this Max version, if i wasn't dropping so much on other Deculture. And NO!! It's not just another 29..😛

5 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

How long did it take for the WW-25 to show up on US sites after the Japanese preorder?

Based on the links posted in the PO thread. Japan stores has it on Nov 21. It showed up outside Japan stores on the 23rd.

From what I'm reading as if right now, there's is a 50/50 spilt in deciding to either pass or get Max's Full Set 29. 

Three scenarios here:

(1) Not going to get it, just another boring 29 and it looks the same to me. 

(2) Going to get this to compete the 29 line up. 

(3) Never had a 29 in my collection. This might be my first one. 

I have a feeling that there is going to be a few unexpected surprises during pre-order time and at the last minute. 

Just to close off: From what I've understand, I've seen some double crossing going on in regards to one particular DX pre-order not too long ago. If I find out that its also going on here, I might have to send in a Bounty Hunter in (Fennic Shand).:diablo:

Edited by borgified

49 minutes ago, borgified said:

From what I'm reading as if right now, there's is a 50/50 spilt in deciding to either pass or get Max's Full Set 29. 

Three scenarios here:

(1) Not going to get it, just another boring 29 and it looks the same to me. 

(2) Going to get this to compete the 29 line up. 

(3) Never had a 29 in my collection. This might be my first one. 

I have a feeling that there is going to be a few unexpected surprises during pre-order time and at the last minute. 

Just to close off: From what I've understand, I've seen some double crossing going on in regards to one particular DX pre-order not too long ago. If I find out that its also going on here, I might have to send in a Bounty Hunter in (Fennic Shand).:diablo:

I'll pass on this one. :rolleyes:

I'm more interested to join the fun on the last minute decision making scenario on the PO thread. 8)

I only have the YF-29B so I'm not collecting 29s for sure.. don't even have one with supers.. but also Max is my favorite. This is best of both worlds. I don't really want to play the PO madness game anymore but this one looks like it has domestic options anyway so I'm more than happy to see how that goes.

This would only be my second 29.

I'm not doing PO madness. If the next morning it's still available out of JP (I bet it will be) I'll get one out of JP. Hopefully AmazonJP. My favorite source.

If I can't get it out of JP I will think long and hard about getting one at all out of the US. It's going to depend on what the "landed on my doorstep" cost is going to be. BBTS does have it's advantages with some stuff. But so far Macross stuff doesn't seem like it falls in the "well, that's a good price" category. 

Edited by sqidd

I know that most of us here haven’t seen the movie yet. For some of us here, only see this as another repaint. Would’ve we, see his importance in the last movie might probably sway us on getting it even though it’s just a 29 repaint? Maybe. :unknw:

But I think with or without its movie connections, if they want to generate interest and sell this like dorayakis, it really just makes more sense if they just made a different head design for Max. That’s a no-brainer for Max. They’ve done it with Isamu and Ozma. So what’s stopped them on making a new one? :aggressive:

The YF-29 ‘in-universe history mechanics’ is not enough and it really doesn’t matter for us who just loves collecting toys. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, no3Ljm said:

So what’s stopped them on making a new one? :aggressive:

Probably the same reason a vast, vast, vast majority of choices are made by humans.....................;)

Money.gif.10003f1a9d7a9077fb192acce1255e44.gif

I wonder what changed at Bandai. They had no hesitation releasing every type of valk variant from Frontier then; even those from Macross 30 game. My top favorite colour scheme would be the YF-25 & it only appeared for couple of seconds in the movie?

But for Delta, quite a few have been held back.. super parts for some of the VF-31, SV-262 Elvis & Ba variant, VF-171 CF..

4 minutes ago, MKT said:

I wonder what changed at Bandai. They had no hesitation releasing every type of valk variant from Frontier then; even those from Macross 30 game. My top favorite colour scheme would be the YF-25 & it only appeared for couple of seconds in the movie?

But for Delta, quite a few have been held back.. super parts for some of the VF-31, SV-262 Elvis & Ba variant, VF-171 CF..

Same answer as two posts above.

If they thought they could make the type of money they need to make to green light a project, they would.

The biggest thing that Macross has working against it is lines like Gundam that rake in the bucks. If a company has X amount of time to put into projects it's going to put that time toward the ones that make the most return on investment. You could argue that they could make more money by hiring more people/ investing in infrastructure. But, there is an entirely different calculus for that. For example, I could do more business if I had more people/ infrastructure. But, building that infrastructure and hiring/ training those people doesn't have the right cost benefit ratio unless I plan on dramatically increasing production/sales. Making those big steps in company growth is a massive risk.