DX YF-29 Durandal (Maximillian Jenius Unit) WWM Release

no3Ljm

4 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Since Max is what: a Ret. Admiral; I feel like he should have the Ozma 29 head.

He was at least a Colonel in the NUNS when he retired... very likely a Brigadier General or even higher.  Not that that has any actual bearing on his rank in Xaos, which is a private civilian outfit.

That said, Ozma's YF-29 in Macross 30 was basically a cosmetic difference and the Spacy's version (YF-29B) exceeded its performance and used the Alto-type head.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

That said, Ozma's YF-29 in Macross 30 was basically a cosmetic difference and the Spacy's version (YF-29B) exceeded its performance and used the Alto-type head.

Really?  How different is the performance between the two?

I too am curious on this, as I do not recall it being quantified how the YF-29B was an upgraded version of the original other than it saying "An upgraded version of the original"

Twich

35 minutes ago, twich said:

I too am curious on this, as I do not recall it being quantified how the YF-29B was an upgraded version of the original other than it saying "An upgraded version of the original"

Twich

E4uxqv-XwAU_Ar3.jpg

2 hours ago, twich said:

Twich

There is no published information other than it’s just better. Don’t even know in what way. (Avionics? Thrust? Firepower? None/all?)

18 hours ago, Mommar said:

Really?  How different is the performance between the two?

It's a mystery... as others have said, all we're told is that the YF-29B is a higher-performance New UN Spacy Special Forces version of the YF-29 produced on a limited basis for the 815th Independent Squadron HAVAMAL's aces.

Anymore enabling with the DX Max 29 Full Set when you do get it @Saburo:D 

I already have the Perceval and will be trying to get this also (if my budget doesn't explode with the HT reveals and a three year wait). Might get Osma's sometime down the road as I do like the colour scheme, however no promises. 

8 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey David. Seriously, how many you're planning to order? :rolleyes:

^_^ 

i prob will skip it, not too into the anniversary valks (edit: whoops i didn't realize it's going to be canon!). But it's great Macross is finally going worldwide.

i might pass anyway. not fond of the 29 

Edited by davidwhangchoi

9 hours ago, Bolt said:

Putting Maximilion Jenius inside a YF-29... unstoppable!

7 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Maximilian Jenius is unstoppable... the YF-29 is just window dressing.

Max doesn't fly Valks. His mere presence in the cockpit causes them to operate at the ragged edge of their performance envelope out of respect.

6 hours ago, Bolt said:

What's your favorite 29 @Lolicon ?

Hmmm well I don't really love any of them, but I don't dislike any of them either. They're just varying levels of "decent but not amazing." Except the 30th anniversary livery. That thing is hideous. They have just enough wonky design choices to make drag them down, but not enough to make them bad. Like the tiger stripes or the angled spine stripe that kinda just tapers off.

None of them really stand out to me like Focker's VF-0/VF-1 or Isamu's YF-19 or Alto/Ozma's VF-25s.

Edited by Lolicon
grammar

Hopefully the potential change to matte finish also brings some modifications to joints.  This is still potentially the 1.5/2.0 modification to the 25 from a decade ago and those old joints can get pretty floppy in short order.

Yes , it is so. Did a quick search at the faithful Scorched Earth. There were a few design improvements, including this.25D6F842-FB3A-4F8F-AE24-4136BC97D5CE.webp.c129a3b0089deeed7337e8248fe9d6bb.webp

So Max's 29 will undoubtedly have  these same improvements. 

Edited by Bolt

There's also those ratchet joints that @jenius mentioned on the wing pivot esp when Super Parts are mounted, and in the chest mechanism as well. Though he did mentioned that the ratchet joint on the chest felt too fart apart and didn't feel solid compared to non-ratchet joint version.

Bandai-YF-29-Alto-Gift-Set-8.jpg?w=1575

Bandai-YF-29-Alto-Gift-Set-18.jpg?w=1575

For more reviews on the last Alto release, check his review here: http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4937

Images from Scorched Earth Toys.