Jump to content

DX VF-25 Messiah Valkyrie WORLD WIDE MACROSS (WWM) 40th Anniversary


jvmacross

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, VF-Zero said:

I don't pre order Macross models because the first addition usually have a somekind of problem then they fix the problem on the reissue... I will wait and see the reviews, the word of mouth on the forum, if i'm setisfied with what was said then i will purches The Valkyrie. 

This is a tried and true mold, not new at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, VF-Zero said:

I don't pre order Macross models because the first addition usually have a somekind of problem then they fix the problem on the reissue... I will wait and see the reviews, the word of mouth on the forum, if i'm setisfied with what was said then i will purches The Valkyrie. 

Bandai 'rarely' re-issue valks to fix problems. They are in the business of fire and forget.
if i recall, the only time another version was improved were the macross frontier renewal valks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Bandai 'rarely' re-issue valks to fix problems. They are in the business of fire and forget.
if i recall, the only time another version was improved were the macross frontier renewal valks.

They've made some improvements to the VF-1 DX line over the various releases, but the only actual reissue is the VF-1J GBP and that's a special case in my mind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

They've made some improvements to the VF-1 DX line over the various releases,

Were there improvements? 😅In my mind there weren't any significant changes....
Tightening/loosening of a joints i normally attribute to factory tolerences..

48 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

but the only actual reissue is the VF-1J GBP and that's a special case in my mind.

Yeah thats a bundle which is more $expensive$, so a solo re-issue with old valk pricing would be out of the question.

My point would be, its more or less ok to get the first release of a bandai valk. 
The initial macross frontier and 171 CF valks were outliers in terms of show stopper issues. 

I would save my hesitations for arcadia instead. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

But it's all about maintaining visual symmetry above all else, right? :rofl:

OMG, They better be maintaining visual symmetry, i'm obsessive compulsive about symmetry, if Bandai doesn't make everything symmetrical, like if the wing doesn't open equally or something. I will try to make them even, even at the cost of breaking the valkyrie... My Yamato VF-0S's tail wings were not equally opening... oh man... i still lose it remembering... one of the tail wings was abit loss, so i forced the other tail wing until i made it equally loss as well. It can't be helped, man... xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VF-Zero said:

OMG, They better be maintaining visual symmetry, i'm obsessive compulsive about symmetry, if Bandai doesn't make everything symmetrical, like if the wing doesn't open equally or something. I will try to make them even, even at the cost of breaking the valkyrie... My Yamato VF-0S's tail wings were not equally opening... oh man... i still lose it remembering... one of the tail wings was abit loss, so i forced the other tail wing until i made it equally loss as well. It can't be helped, man... xD

That’s some issue you got…next time, it might be better and easier to tighten the loose one with some Future/Kiki. 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I remember wondering about this when it was announced, but no one ever mentioned it, then I forgot about it and was reminded of it when I just looked at the picture of the DX recently.  This release of the Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F WWM release has 021 as the modex #, to symbolize the world wide release in 2021?  I was wondering if it will be changed to 022, since this DX toy is being release in 2022, which is the 40th anniversary of the series.  maybe I am crazy for dwelling on this little tidbit, but I think it is important to get the modex# right, if it is supposed to indicate the year of release and 40th anniversary year.

Twich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, twich said:

So, I remember wondering about this when it was announced, but no one ever mentioned it, then I forgot about it and was reminded of it when I just looked at the picture of the DX recently.  This release of the Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F WWM release has 021 as the modex #, to symbolize the world wide release in 2021?  I was wondering if it will be changed to 022, since this DX toy is being release in 2022, which is the 40th anniversary of the series.  maybe I am crazy for dwelling on this little tidbit, but I think it is important to get the modex# right, if it is supposed to indicate the year of release and 40th anniversary year.

Twich

I think it's more of a celebration of the year when it got announced for World Wide release.

 

Edited by no3Ljm
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2022 at 8:41 AM, no3Ljm said:

True. But then it's Bandai. Let's just hope that both sides of the Valk will actually sport 'WWM' and not 'MWW' on one side. Or 'SMS' and not 'SWS'. Or '001' and not '100'. ;) 

 

I still think that would be ok...it would be the Macross World Wide edition on one side  :)

I'm so honored Bandai thought of us!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From WonderCon, pic from Facebook’s Macross Fans US page. 
 

Pushed back to June. 

B213A64D-793E-49A4-AE75-F3F4EF1DDCC6.jpeg

Edited by Sildani
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My wife pre ordered this for me for Christmas, looks like I will get it from BBTS at end of August or September? Looking forward to it!

Twich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mat finish for macross always looks great. maybe it helps from getting the plastic turn yellow. look like lot of macross product push back to June and July expected big bang wallet when they release all at once. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Sildani said:

From WonderCon, pic from Facebook’s Macross Fans US page. 
 

Pushed back to June. 

On tamashii's page still says May for the WWM......

looks like macross releases now will be around the last days of the months instead...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, sh9000 said:

Mine will be using the 25G sniper rifle.

Have already been imagining mine with Michael’s super parts…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good to see the "bring Macross outside Japan" machinery started to roll quite quickly.

Hope this means many older valks will be reissued to the rest of the world through local and website retailers.

The wwm vf 25 looks nice, maybe they should have thrown in the super parts set as with the yf29 update.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Moosey said:

Have already been imagining mine with Michael’s super parts…

Bought a set of Michel’s Tornado parts to use with it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, MKT said:

Color-wise the tornado & super parts may be close to the valk, but the parts are glossy whilst the valk will be matte finished.. :unknw:

that can be easily solved just spray matt finish on top of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exactly. And since not too much moves on the Tornado Parts, not much chance for the finish chipping or scraping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...