DX VF-25 Messiah Valkyrie WORLD WIDE MACROSS (WWM) 40th Anniversary

jvmacross

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Great work as usual @Lolicon:good:

Mine arrived yesterday, handled it briefly. Does anyone think if the new, matte plastics somehow feels stronger compared to the older 25 releases? Although the YF-30 from that era is also matte finished, this one feels somewhat different. But when I put this and the old 25 on the scale, they weighed exactly the same (only 1g difference). 

Personally I think the glossy plastic intend to get yellow easily , more brittile and prone to see more scratchs . The matte look more clean and maybe resist more to yellowing. However both still same product and material. 

Btw I think the additional screw on the hip makes it heavier 1 g haha

Edited by chriswoo

19 minutes ago, chriswoo said:

Btw I think the additional screw on the hip makes it heavier 1 g haha

Yes, this must be it lol.. :lol:

Not so convinced that matte plastic by itself more resistant to yellowing. After all, the YF-30 appear to yellow as easily as the other glossy Frontier valks.

I was a bit bothered by the black ankles in this WWM VF-25. Looking closely it appears to be black molded plastic. I always thought they were full metal items on the older VF-25s, but I guess they are nicely painted metal-finish items after all.

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Fixed up the WWM VF-25 a bit.

The matte finish out of the box looks great, and it does incorporate some of the improvements from the recently reissued YF-29, but the overall QC is pretty bad for a $200 toy. It easily has the worst QC of the 25 line.

Still, it's a VF-25 and she's quite lovely to look out.

52149866876_562c7f2b27_o.jpg

52149880333_cd9fdc18fe_o.jpg

52150104364_b95bd599c3_o.jpg

52149880298_4a495fe9b3_o.jpg

52149866736_67c080b907_o.jpg

52148848957_5a72c09fab_o.jpg52148848932_237e97bff5_o.jpg

THAT LOOOKS GOOOOOD!!!! Great job!!! @Lolicon

Edited by derex3592

11 hours ago, MKT said:

I was a bit bothered by the black ankles in this WWM VF-25. Looking closely it appears to be black molded plastic. I always thought they were full metal items on the older VF-25s, but I guess they are nicely painted metal-finish items after all.

Oh wow. I just checked my WWM vf-25 and it is plastic. That really bugs me now.

20 hours ago, seti88 said:

Hip kite on the hip. 😅

Haha 

So while decaling I learned why the NUNS emblem is on that spot on the YF-25. It's because the shape of the 25's nose makes other insignias look awful when plastered across such an uneven surface. Only the SMS insignia looks good there. 

16 hours ago, MKT said:

Yes, this must be it lol.. :lol:

Not so convinced that matte plastic by itself more resistant to yellowing. After all, the YF-30 appear to yellow as easily as the other glossy Frontier valks.

I looked through my old valks. The 25s and 29 (even the recent reissue) are metal. 

I can't determine if they are metal on the WWM 25 because of the paint. 

Anyone care to damage or destroy their WWM ankles for science? :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

THAT LOOOKS GOOOOOD!!!! Great job!!! @Lolicon

:good:

5 hours ago, Sandman said:

Oh wow. I just checked my WWM vf-25 and it is plastic. That really bugs me now.

How did you make that determination? 

Welp, some Kiki and a sliver of silicone in the ball joints of each leg socket have seemed to fix things up for my copy.  What I found interesting is that when I disassembled the leg, the ball joint looked to be a brass color.  Weird. 

Anyway, my other question is in regards to the head - the neck area doesn't really seem to peg into anything in battroid mode - is that normal for the 25s?  The entire setup feels kind of floppy, and the neck doesn't seem to extend as far as the promo images make it seem. 

On 6/16/2022 at 11:46 AM, MKT said:

Great work as usual @Lolicon:good:

Mine arrived yesterday, handled it briefly. Does anyone think if the new, matte plastics somehow feels stronger compared to the older 25 releases? Although the YF-30 from that era is also matte finished, this one feels somewhat different. But when I put this and the old 25 on the scale, they weighed exactly the same (only 1g difference). 

By any means, I love this matt finishing.

The ankles aren’t plastic on the WWM 25, they’re painted metal.  I just touched my lip to one (and, OK, maybe a little tongue because I’m kinky like that) and it was cold, cool metal. 

They do very much LOOK like plastic though. 

44 minutes ago, eriku said:

The ankles aren’t plastic on the WWM 25, they’re painted metal.  I just touched my lip to one (and, OK, maybe a little tongue because I’m kinky like that) and it was cold, cool metal. 

We have the science winner! :lol:

2295D99B-2544-451D-9445-BD16B0460AD7.gif.84e78db9bf62f87f62a08dfabfad7cbc.gif

10 hours ago, eriku said:

So instead of doing the old jobby the h cold touch technique you invent a new cold lick technique. Nice.😂

7 hours ago, chriswoo said:

I still waiting for mine arrive meanwhile display this 1st . I feel clear prismatic paint is nicer than the anniversary.

IMG_20220618_152540.jpg

For a display piece, I like this clear fold version as well. It looks better in flesh than in most pictures. The coating on the whole valk looks to be the similar stuff used for Yamato’s rainbow canopies.

Because it is all clear plastic, it tends to be more brittle especially on stressed small areas. I would be careful of the ratcheted swing-wing mechanism as the teeth may break easily compared to other VF-25 variants.

11 minutes ago, MKT said:

For a display piece, I like this clear fold version as well. It looks better in flesh than in most pictures. The coating on the whole valk looks to be the similar stuff used for Yamato’s rainbow canopies.

Because it is all clear plastic, it tends to be more brittle especially on stressed small areas. I would be careful of the ratcheted swing-wing mechanism as the teeth may break easily compared to other VF-25 variants.

Yep all clear AND Ver 1 plastic are brittle which is why i don't intent to transform at all !! it just awsome by disply as plane it self

On 6/15/2022 at 6:39 PM, Lolicon said:

The matte finish out of the box looks great, and it does incorporate some of the improvements from the recently reissued YF-29, but the overall QC is pretty bad for a $200 toy. It easily has the worst QC of the 25 line.

52149866736_67c080b907_o.jpg

^ Amazing custom work! Sad to hear about the poor QC. Still waiting for the US sellers to get it in stock so my pre-order fills.

On 6/20/2022 at 1:01 AM, Rein+ said:

Aww... feels bad for you. Any chance to fix it with ABS Cement?

It's not mine, luckily. 

12 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

^ Amazing custom work! Sad to hear about the poor QC. Still waiting for the US sellers to get it in stock so my pre-order fills.

Yeah I'm hoping this isn't the new normal for Bandai releases moving forward. These kinds of problems are not really acceptable for something this expensive.

YPFfHBz.jpg

Now the VF-25 is back to my top favorite fighter valk design. This spot alternates between a rather long list every other week lol

I have not transformed it yet. Perhaps not daring to find out if the hips are loose..

22 hours ago, MKT said:

YPFfHBz.jpg

Now the VF-25 is back to my top favorite fighter valk design. This spot alternates between a rather long list every other week lol

I have not transformed it yet. Perhaps not daring to find out if the hips are loose..

LOL, I have not transform too. 

On 6/19/2022 at 10:25 PM, chriswoo said:

I restore the my YF -25 yellowish to white along with some other VF.

IMG_20220611_184041.jpg

IMG_20220611_184051.jpg

IMG_20220619_143856.jpg

IMG_20220619_143925.jpg

Did you mask off the painted areas or apply hydrogen peroxide all over?  If you applied all over, I guess it didn't affect the paint?

• 4 weeks later...