DX VF-25 Messiah Valkyrie WORLD WIDE MACROSS (WWM) 40th Anniversary

jvmacross

Very much a fan. Pity about the purple gunpod, the gunmetal one from the 25A and S models would have looked better. 

On 5/25/2022 at 8:47 AM, Sildani said:

Yep. I ordered mine from BBTS… I’m settling in for a wait. 

I chose BBTS too. I wanted Amazon but they had sold out, restocked and sold out again.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

No pics of any improved hips with 3-screw arrangement yet as per YF-29, but we'll find out soon enough..

HLJ just charged me, will be able to ship this out before the rate increase.. :yahoo:

Edit: found on FB the most important pic!

06BADE36-0D4C-4EE9-8D3E-8C2FED7DBF87.jpeg.3930090025b6f783305207aea90dc4e9.jpeg

Edited by MKT

1 hour ago, MKT said:

No pics of any improved hips with 3-screw arrangement yet as per YF-29, but we'll find out soon enough..

HLJ just charged me, will be able to ship this out before the rate increase.. :yahoo:

Edit: found on FB the most important pic!

06BADE36-0D4C-4EE9-8D3E-8C2FED7DBF87.jpeg.3930090025b6f783305207aea90dc4e9.jpeg

How does that triple screw setup improve things?

15 minutes ago, Mommar said:

How does that triple screw setup improve things?

The hip joints should not loosen so easily and turn its legs like a rag doll's, requiring Kiki's / nail / floor polish to tighten them up. Older VF-25s / YF-29s only had one screw and if I remember reports, the hips still loosened even if the toy spent a significant amount of its life in Fighter.

So far, since the YF-29 Alto Full Pack release about 1.5 years ago that started this (and among others) improvement, there hasn't been significant accounts yet of loose hips..

25 minutes ago, MKT said:

The hip joints should not loosen so easily and turn its legs like a rag doll's, requiring Kiki's / nail / floor polish to tighten them up. Older VF-25s / YF-29s only had one screw and if I remember reports, the hips still loosened even if the toy spent a significant amount of its life in Fighter.

So far, since the YF-29 Alto Full Pack release about 1.5 years ago that started this (and among others) improvement, there hasn't been significant accounts yet of loose hips..

Oh good, I don't even play with my toys the way other do and all seven of my 25's and all three 29's have totally loose hip joints simply from staying in one pose.

2 hours ago, Offswitch said:

It's available in stock at HLJ again for those who don't want to wait longer for domestic orders: 

https://www.hlj.com/dx-chogokin-vf-25-messiah-valkyrie-worldwide-anniv-bans63272

@Offswitch nice to see you are still around!

I couldnt pass one up at the current exchange rate. May get a second one domestically...we'll see. Really digging the figure 

18 hours ago, Offswitch said:

It's available in stock at HLJ again for those who don't want to wait longer for domestic orders: 

https://www.hlj.com/dx-chogokin-vf-25-messiah-valkyrie-worldwide-anniv-bans63272

If I didn't have to pay for it up front I'd cancel my AE pre-order and go for this right now because their system isn't making any sense anymore.

What's with these effing Japanese reviewers?  The nose cone is out of place the WHOLE TIME.  Is that not irritating for anybody else?  The other guy in the 31AX video couldn't get a single thing to line up with the armor parts on either.

48 minutes ago, borgified said:

First known review on the DX 25 MWW

Never had a DX 25, however this might be the first one as do like the colours on this one.  

This must be the first reviewer that runs through the entire transformation tutorial using only the manual & not the toy he has in front of him. :rolleyes:

That is also what I'm thinking @Angesdad as most likely that the joints are not tightened up from the factory.

Look at the DX Full Set 19 for example. Onnasake's copy had super tight hip screws and he literally didn't know that those three screws had to be loosened before he did the transformation on it and had other issues. After sending back to Bandai's Service Center Hub, Onnasake got a replacement YF-19 and then the notices of caution followed up afterwards.

I know that a fair chunk of us will not go over every detail as we expect perfect results from the factory upon getting it, however it should be things that one should be looking out for if things go wrong and how to fix it if needed. 

44 minutes ago, borgified said:

Look at the DX Full Set 19 for example. Onnasake's copy had super tight hip screws and he literally didn't know that those three screws had to be loosened before he did the transformation on it and had other issues. After sending back to Bandai's Service Center Hub, Onnasake got a replacement YF-19 and then the notices of caution followed up afterwards.  

^What? Is there are a thread about this? TIA

I take it that you do have a Full Set 19 @ValkAddict or not? Unfortunately the Full Set 19 has been discontinued from production, unknown if there will be another shot of getting another re-issue for those that are entering into the Macross Field. 

If you want to read further about the problems, then go into the DX YF-19 Full Set thread and read on and hopefully it will unravel for you. Onnasake’s did not know about the issues on the Full Set 19 and he literally had a hard time in repairing his own copy, however it just snowballed after that. 

Mark H’s video is not to tell anyone here not to get the newer version of the DX 25 MWW as his copy has problems, it’s just an TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) just in case something happens to your own personal copy. Even @Mommar pointed out an issue that could be possibly fixed and not condoning this version of the 25 is a fit for the metal recycling bin as it’s a totally junker. 

If you guys decide not to get the DX 25 MWW after this, then it’s your call. 

2 hours ago, borgified said:

I take it that you do have a Full Set 19 @ValkAddict or not? Unfortunately the Full Set 19 has been discontinued from production, unknown if there will be another shot of getting another re-issue for those that are entering into the Macross Field. 

If you want to read further about the problems, then go into the DX YF-19 Full Set thread and read on and hopefully it will unravel for you. Onnasake’s did not know about the issues on the Full Set 19 and he literally had a hard time in repairing his own copy, however it just snowballed after that. 

I do have the Full set YF-19, but haven't transformed it. I was unaware that it had any issues. Thanks - I will look at the thread.

Max’s Full Set 29 should be fine @Magnus as it’s taken one full run prior as Alto’s Full Set 29. I have not gotten Alto’s Full Set 29 as skipped over it as I wasn’t too interested in the colours itself, however I did get Mr. Banana Ears (RB) as it stood out more for me. 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, ever since 2020, ANYTHING as complex and needing to be made to the exacting standards as these high-end toys have to be made to, being made overseas, is going to be a total crapshoot as to whether or not they are assembled in a "good" factory and assembled "correctly".  It wouldn't really surprise me if we don't start seeing quality across the board go back up until at least 2025.  I hope I'm wrong, but so far the 31AX tells me I'm not.  And yes, I have this and the Max 29 pre-ordered, so I'm in the fingers crossed crowd around here as well! 

I'm so used to Bandai cutting corners that the step back that the 31AX represented didn't come as much of a surprise to me.

Want a tiny HMR VF-0 that costs almost as much as the DX VF-1J from just a couple years ago? Bandai's got you covered! 8P