DX VF-25 Messiah Valkyrie WORLD WIDE MACROSS (WWM) 40th Anniversary

jvmacross

If Gamestop, Target, and Walmart carried this and I was only able to choose between those stores I’d get it from Target with their 5% off but favor Gamestop because they package items much better.  It is surprising that Gamestop isn’t carrying this since they get some of their items through Entertainment Earth.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg

have to say i love the simple box photos.  i wonder if all the worldwide releases will have that emblazened on the box or just this first one.  Can't wait to get this....yes its like what about a decade old valk (the renewal version is about that old right?) from an anime from 14 years ago thats been given a new deco but i'm excited because A.  it looks awesome and B.  world wide release is kinda awesome for a macross toy

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Somewhat excited about getting a repaint of a 10+ year old toy. :rolleyes:

To be fair, it was a pretty sweet toy for its time.  Hopefully this release will have better hip joints and a matt finish.  It is unfortunately that the three copies I have of the VF-25 are so floppy I leave them in fighter mode.  

2 hours ago, Darth Mingus said:

To be fair, it was a pretty sweet toy for its time.  Hopefully this release will have better hip joints and a matt finish.  It is unfortunately that the three copies I have of the VF-25 are so floppy I leave them in fighter mode.  

I think everyone is just more concerned on the hip joints since this is a matte finish as they established it during the last Tamashii show. The hip joints however, not sure if they made it better, but then, I believe it's fixable. I tighten up my mine and along with my Isamu's YF-29. You can read some of fixes in the Macross Maintenance thread. ;) 

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I think everyone is just more concerned on the hip joints since this is a matte finish as they established it during the last Tamashii show. The hip joints however, not sure if they made it better, but then, I believe it's fixable. I tighten up my mine and along with my Isamu's YF-29. You can read some of fixes in the Macross Maintenance thread. ;) 

The hips are marginally improved, but they're a far cry from the ratcheted joints on the 31.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice. Glad I have this coming. I just hope the white doesn’t yellow over time! This’ll be the whitest Valkyrie I own. 

17 minutes ago, Big s said:

I’m surprised to see these still up for preorder 

Japan online retailers or US online retailers?

Also, seeing that Bandai Hobby have a presence in Amazon US, I wonder why they didn't offer preorder for this release?

Would have been cool if Regal theaters and Bandai had these for sale at their concession stands during the LA Live screening on June 16th at 7p for Macross Frontier: the False Songstress.

I’ll be going, so if anyone wants to meet up…see you there.

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

So I wonder what WWM translates to in real world time...will Bandai ship out stock outside of Japan for a unified release or will everyone outside of Japan experience the first ever official WWM release a few days or weeks later?

I don’t see it to be any different than current Local distribution , local P-Bandai.   Japan will release first ,  then other places will get it depending on how long it takes for the Boat to get to their dock .   So weeks later in Asia and months later for USA , Europe , Canada , etc . 

7 hours ago, Sildani said:

Yep. I ordered mine from BBTS… I’m settling in for a wait. 

Same, just ordered mine. Really was surprising to see BBTS have it on pre-order again.

I was only able to get one 25 Alto back in the day so super excited for this one 🤩