DX VF-25 Messiah Valkyrie WORLD WIDE MACROSS (WWM) 40th Anniversary

jvmacross

14 hours ago, VF-Zero said:

I don't pre order Macross models because the first addition usually have a somekind of problem then they fix the problem on the reissue... I will wait and see the reviews, the word of mouth on the forum, if i'm setisfied with what was said then i will purches The Valkyrie. 

This is a tried and true mold, not new at all.

17 hours ago, VF-Zero said:

I don't pre order Macross models because the first addition usually have a somekind of problem then they fix the problem on the reissue... I will wait and see the reviews, the word of mouth on the forum, if i'm setisfied with what was said then i will purches The Valkyrie. 

Bandai 'rarely' re-issue valks to fix problems. They are in the business of fire and forget.
if i recall, the only time another version was improved were the macross frontier renewal valks.

59 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Bandai 'rarely' re-issue valks to fix problems. They are in the business of fire and forget.
if i recall, the only time another version was improved were the macross frontier renewal valks.

They've made some improvements to the VF-1 DX line over the various releases, but the only actual reissue is the VF-1J GBP and that's a special case in my mind.

47 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

They've made some improvements to the VF-1 DX line over the various releases,

Were there improvements? 😅In my mind there weren't any significant changes....
Tightening/loosening of a joints i normally attribute to factory tolerences..

48 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

but the only actual reissue is the VF-1J GBP and that's a special case in my mind.

Yeah thats a bundle which is more $expensive$, so a solo re-issue with old valk pricing would be out of the question.

My point would be, its more or less ok to get the first release of a bandai valk. 
The initial macross frontier and 171 CF valks were outliers in terms of show stopper issues. 

I would save my hesitations for arcadia instead. 

13 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

But it's all about maintaining visual symmetry above all else, right? :rofl:

OMG, They better be maintaining visual symmetry, i'm obsessive compulsive about symmetry, if Bandai doesn't make everything symmetrical, like if the wing doesn't open equally or something. I will try to make them even, even at the cost of breaking the valkyrie... My Yamato VF-0S's tail wings were not equally opening... oh man... i still lose it remembering... one of the tail wings was abit loss, so i forced the other tail wing until i made it equally loss as well. It can't be helped, man... xD

3 hours ago, VF-Zero said:

OMG, They better be maintaining visual symmetry, i'm obsessive compulsive about symmetry, if Bandai doesn't make everything symmetrical, like if the wing doesn't open equally or something. I will try to make them even, even at the cost of breaking the valkyrie... My Yamato VF-0S's tail wings were not equally opening... oh man... i still lose it remembering... one of the tail wings was abit loss, so i forced the other tail wing until i made it equally loss as well. It can't be helped, man... xD

That’s some issue you got…next time, it might be better and easier to tighten the loose one with some Future/Kiki. 😜

So, I remember wondering about this when it was announced, but no one ever mentioned it, then I forgot about it and was reminded of it when I just looked at the picture of the DX recently.  This release of the Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F WWM release has 021 as the modex #, to symbolize the world wide release in 2021?  I was wondering if it will be changed to 022, since this DX toy is being release in 2022, which is the 40th anniversary of the series.  maybe I am crazy for dwelling on this little tidbit, but I think it is important to get the modex# right, if it is supposed to indicate the year of release and 40th anniversary year.

Twich

6 hours ago, twich said:

So, I remember wondering about this when it was announced, but no one ever mentioned it, then I forgot about it and was reminded of it when I just looked at the picture of the DX recently.  This release of the Bandai DX Chogokin VF-25F WWM release has 021 as the modex #, to symbolize the world wide release in 2021?  I was wondering if it will be changed to 022, since this DX toy is being release in 2022, which is the 40th anniversary of the series.  maybe I am crazy for dwelling on this little tidbit, but I think it is important to get the modex# right, if it is supposed to indicate the year of release and 40th anniversary year.

Twich

I think it's more of a celebration of the year when it got announced for World Wide release.

Edited by no3Ljm

On 2/3/2022 at 8:41 AM, no3Ljm said:

True. But then it's Bandai. Let's just hope that both sides of the Valk will actually sport 'WWM' and not 'MWW' on one side. Or 'SMS' and not 'SWS'. Or '001' and not '100'. ;) 

I still think that would be ok...it would be the Macross World Wide edition on one side  :)

I'm so honored Bandai thought of us!

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

I just got a note saying the release has been delayed from March 2022 to April 2022.  Did anyone else get this notice?

May 2022 as per Tamashii website.

https://tamashii.jp/item/13806/

It was initially announced April release. Not March.

1212375968_ScreenShot2022-02-25at8_53_05AM.jpg.adb56b4d3a9ec129bbda67c02333f697.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

• 1 month later...

From WonderCon, pic from Facebook’s Macross Fans US page. 

Pushed back to June. 

B213A64D-793E-49A4-AE75-F3F4EF1DDCC6.jpeg

Edited by Sildani

22 hours ago, Sildani said:

From WonderCon, pic from Facebook’s Macross Fans US page. 

Pushed back to June. 

On tamashii's page still says May for the WWM......

looks like macross releases now will be around the last days of the months instead...

Good to see the "bring Macross outside Japan" machinery started to roll quite quickly.

Hope this means many older valks will be reissued to the rest of the world through local and website retailers.

The wwm vf 25 looks nice, maybe they should have thrown in the super parts set as with the yf29 update.

21 hours ago, Moosey said:

Have already been imagining mine with Michael’s super parts…

Bought a set of Michel’s Tornado parts to use with it.