DX VF-25 Messiah Valkyrie WORLD WIDE MACROSS (WWM) 40th Anniversary

jvmacross

18 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Out of curiosity who has the cheapest price?

Total price including shipping and taxes....219.99

https://www.thechosenprime.com/bsdcvf25messiahvalkyrie

Not sure how long the PO window for this item will last...we are used to the 5 seconds to a few minutes window.....but if the PO window extends through Black friday...in theory there could be some additional discounts available...:unknw:

Edited by jvmacross

11 hours ago, F360 said:

buying from japan at or below msrp and shipping by surface is probably the cheapest 

If you are in the states,  you are better off with the stores that have it at 219 with free shipping (entertainmentearth.com,  Thechosenprime.com)

I discovered this with the metal build Justice Gundam.  Works out to be about $10-15 cheaper even when using the cheapest shipping option.  Then again,  I'm in FL, so maybe less if on the west coast.

6 hours ago, Alex GS said:

I'm truly loving the fact that BBTS is asking for a 10% non-refundable deposit up front. Take that, scalpers! Not so desirable when you have to put some skin in the game, is it? If more sites did that or required full payment, especially in Japan (I'm looking at you, HLJ/AE/AmiAmi/AJ), maybe PO Madness would start to fade. I'm guessing that BBTS is also trying to reduce their risk, given that this is the first worldwide item they'll be selling.

I'm happy to hand over a deposit or pay in full if it means that I can order Macross stuff relatively stress-free. Granted, we won't see SDFM items distributed worldwide, so competing with scalpers won't go away entirely, but this is a really good start.

9 hours ago, Bullet_Sponge said:

If you are in the states,  you are better off with the stores that have it at 219 with free shipping (entertainmentearth.com,  Thechosenprime.com)

I discovered this with the metal build Justice Gundam.  Works out to be about $10-15 cheaper even when using the cheapest shipping option.  Then again,  I'm in FL, so maybe less if on the west coast.

Ordering in the States is normally my backup plan .. because of the sales tax.  most of those stores now added in California sales tax (around 9 percent).  so it added a extra $20,

My order from HLJ at 22,000 + 2910 (surface mail)  would be at 24910 yen which is $215.   and if I go with DHL it would be $221.52 and I will get it 2-3 month sooner,,

this of course is comparing to ordering it in the state and have to pay tax around $240 total.   Now if I can get it at a store without tax then the price will be very close,  

Not losing sleep and/or stressing out from the "PO Madness" certainly has some monetary value for many of us.....time is money as they say....and now we can hopefully just sleep through all the future non-SDFM/DYRL PO's when they start in Japan and just place our POs at our leisure as the PO Day unfolds......looking forward to what happens during the next WWM release....crossing fingers that this is the new normal

I think we should all be cautious about these "easy preorders". Bandai can still pull that "we're cutting allotments" bs they have been known to do, even after preorders are placed. In fact BBTS got screwed with their last macross frontier dx preorder they had. They weren't able to fulfill the renewal Vf-25s dx 10 years ago because of Bandai cutting the allotments. I know this is a little different situation but i wouldn't put it past them.

I totally missed PO date, thank goodness its a world wide release and my local shop claims to have stock to preorder, though in the past they have taken my deposit but could get me a YF-29 back in the day when the 2nd batch was released, they did refund my deposit in full though.

Edited by Guyffon

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still going to see how it looks with the VF-25G sniper rifle and Super Parts even if the blues are not exactly the same.  Too bad Michael's Valkyrie never got Armored Parts.  I would have loved a set with blue to test out.

4 hours ago, F360 said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09M6R8RH8

$220 on AMAZON.com .  Get 5% back ($11.00 in rewards) on the amount charged to your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card

Took me a second to realize that we're talking about amazon.com, not amazon.co.jp. A DX valk available for PO at MSRP on Amazon, sold and shipped by Amazon. Never thought I'd see this day.

5 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Took me a second to realize that we're talking about amazon.com, not amazon.co.jp. A DX valk available for PO at MSRP on Amazon, sold and shipped by Amazon. Never thought I'd see this day.

Yeah.  looking like a good start

44 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And it's sold out. That's a good sign for demands. ;) :good: 

yup,  and normally Metal Build and Soul of Chogokin items on Amazon takes forever to get sold out.   (of course they over sold many times too)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 5:18 PM, Lolicon said:

Looks like we're still getting the clunky old hex stand. :lol:

I’m far more concerned as to whether these new VF-25 figures have some kind of way to lock the neck plate flat to the fuselage so the upper body isn’t loose.  Of course I’m also hoping for the rest of the Skull ☠️ Squadron as well.  

1 hour ago, Big Irv said:

I’m far more concerned as to whether these new VF-25 figures have some kind of way to lock the neck plate flat to the fuselage so the upper body isn’t loose.  Of course I’m also hoping for the rest of the Skull ☠️ Squadron as well.  

There is, actually. You have to pull back the shoulder joint (the shoulder part where you mount those Super's Shoulder Missile) more towards the back. If you just lay it flat, the upper body section is kind of loose.

On 12/15/2021 at 6:37 PM, no3Ljm said:

There is, actually. You have to pull back the shoulder joint (the shoulder part where you mount those Super's Shoulder Missile) more towards the back. If you just lay it flat, the upper body section is kind of loose.

Good point…although that would seem to go against the animation model.  At least from what I’ve seen.  

• 1 month later...

I don't pre order Macross models because the first addition usually have a somekind of problem then they fix the problem on the reissue... I will wait and see the reviews, the word of mouth on the forum, if i'm setisfied with what was said then i will purches The Valkyrie. 

5 hours ago, VF-Zero said:

I don't pre order Macross models because the first addition usually have a somekind of problem then they fix the problem on the reissue... I will wait and see the reviews, the word of mouth on the forum, if i'm setisfied with what was said then i will purches The Valkyrie. 

This is a reissue of the renewal version of the VF-25F.  Which was in its own right an improvement over the original version.  So I think you're probably safe.  If anything, it could be an even better version if they tweaked anything else.

2 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

This is a reissue of the renewal version of the VF-25F.  Which was in its own right an improvement over the original version.  So I think you're probably safe.  If anything, it could be an even better version if they tweaked anything else.

True. But then it's Bandai. Let's just hope that both sides of the Valk will actually sport 'WWM' and not 'MWW' on one side. Or 'SMS' and not 'SWS'. Or '001' and not '100'. ;) 

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True. But then it's Bandai. Let's just hope that both sides of the Valk will actually sport 'WWM' and not 'MWW' on one side. Or 'SMS' and not 'SWS'. Or '001' and not '100'. ;) 

But it's all about maintaining visual symmetry above all else, right? :rofl: