Disney Pixar's LIGHTYEAR - June 2022

no3Ljm

• 10 months later...

I'm in.  It looks good, going to turn off my brain and not overthink it.

This will probably irk some people when I say this, but I would also like to see the original Toy Story given a refresher.  They do it with games sometimes....no harm in having the original version and an updated version.

17 hours ago, peter said:

I'm in.  It looks good, going to turn off my brain and not overthink it.

This will probably irk some people when I say this, but I would also like to see the original Toy Story given a refresher.  They do it with games sometimes....no harm in having the original version and an updated version.

I'd like to see the animation updated but otherwise the exact same.  Realistically they are not going to sink the money for that into the film.  Otherwise I would not want to see it redone.  The sequels are fine for a refreshed version of the story (since they basically all tell the same story).

Edited by Dynaman

• no3Ljm changed the title to Disney Pixar's LIGHTYEAR - June 2022

A little sad we won't get the actual Buzz voice, but maybe makes sense if he's supposed to be younger.

Also, I want that ship.  (Not excuses. :p)  Seriously, that's an awesome design, and I love the fact that this looks almost like a cross between the setup for Farscape, and Star Trek IV.  Actually I probably would have straight up died if they got Ben Bowder and Claudia Black doing voicework.

Also, yes, Titan A,E.'s ship, but I actually was reminded more of the ship from E.T.  Both pretty similar designs.

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I forgot about this thread. :lol: 

Btw, the round spaceship in the beginning, it reminds me of Titan A.E.

516BlA1XGcL_AC_.jpg.71c7e63bade199c2d2797f7bc8c61548.jpg

Same here. First thought!

And I think the animation for the first movies still stands up well today, even for kid's movies.

As for Buzz's voice, I'm thinking Tim Allen was getting a bit tired of the role, esp as he was used very little for the last movie.

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Same here. First thought!

And I think the animation for the first movies still stands up well today, even for kid's movies.

As for Buzz's voice, I'm thinking Tim Allen was getting a bit tired of the role, esp as he was used very little for the last movie.

Also regarding the voice, Tim Allen’s buzz was the toy/tv show Buzz while this is the “Real” Buzz. Realities within realities. 

Chris

Edited by Dobber

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have only minimal hopes that this will be a good movie, but I'm already loving the ship designs.  I'll probably happily pick up both of those designs.

Would love to see some model kits too, but I imagine that'll depend on it being successful enough for someone to pick up the license.

Also, just going to throw out a thought here.. Has there ever actually been a Buzz toy with all of the features of the original movie?  I could do without the arm chopping action, but I'd love to see one actually do all of the lights and sounds with the correct wing transformation mechanism.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Are those 2 different ships? They look different, beyond just being different size/types of toys. 

Chris

Hey @Dobber. Yeah, it looks to be 2 different ships. XL-01 and XL-15.

image.jpeg.44b1af4cda9a906396dcbaf92da1c019.jpeg

image.jpeg.a272d94ad4c2aa2ca147302dbb882a45.jpeg

For more info on upcoming Lightyear stuff: http://www.danthepixarfan.com/2022/03/mattel-disneypixar-lightyear-2022.html

Wow @that trailer.

Getting definite Appleseed vibes from those armor suits. The helmet looks like the Guges head:

image.png.16f5addf07a79be52e64d94344c3c23a.png

And the knobs on the shoulder armor remind me of the knobs you frequently see on shoulder/knee pads in manga:

image.png.c4cf9a3224a37686d96f3a69c91270c2.png

The enemy space ship looked a lot like the big ship from Gall Force:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvJSn2CZVYDJgrRIyOwpoC3mX4orLv00ehBDChCrdxVg_IjqOMmVZ4azy3bDZYIUrEoeo&usqp=CAU