Macross Plus Movie Edition - US THEATERS

Yeah, I got my tickets a couple of weeks ago and was surprised that there would be other people in the theater other than my 2 sons and myself.  Maybe the other MacrossWorld Member who lives on the eastern part of Washington (M'Kyunn) is going to the showing....who knows.

Twich

When I booked my ticket, the theater showed as about half full... which kind of surprised me, given that the only other Macross fan I know of in the area outside my RPG group is Kaneda's Bike.

One more day! This is so exciting. My local theater was 25% booked a week or so ago when I bought mine which falls in line with what I expected. 

How does everyone feel about the 6:30 Fathom Events Preshow? It'd be great to see the Shoji message or maybe some kind of announcement but its a little tight schedule wise. The Fathom site still shows 7pm movie starting and I only see it announced on the official Twitter so I wonder if a lot of fans will miss it. 

On 11/12/2021 at 11:16 PM, twich said:

I am very excited about this, as my wife has been following this for me and told me just a minute ago that this will be coming to a movie theatre in Spokane, WA.   I plan on making an evening of it with my two sons who have grown up listening to me talk about Macross.  Now they get to experience it in a movie theatre, with me!

Twich

I'll be there, too. :)

12 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

13 hours and counting, will see how many Macross fans there are in NW Tucson tonight.

I wish I could join you, that's my hometown! But I'm in SoCal instead (the less populated part). My theater looks like 10 people will be joining me lol.

Still glad someone is representing where I'm from lol.

9 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Morning thought: pre show- it's probably not a good idea to lead a Fire Bomber chant in the movie theater.  Though it would be awesome, I don't think these staff or other patrons would get it. Might lead to a small problem.

Sing "Planet Dance", put it on tiktok!

Edited by Keith

19 minutes ago, Shawn said:

What is the pre-show?

I knew about the kawamori message-but it sounds like it is a summary of macrossy things
Just did not think it was going to require 30min before the movie

Maybe it's a hypnotic Sharon Apple performance.

33 minutes ago, Shawn said:

What is the pre-show?

A breakdown of Macross history including SDF Macross/ DYRL. There was a Kawamori message but ours got cut at Delta. It popped back on as he was signing off. UPDATE: we had 8 attendees in Asheville, NC.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01