Macross Plus Movie Edition - US THEATERS

I'll be bringing a friend to a showing in northern Virginia.  I also might have a spare ticket to give away, so DM me if anyone is interested.  On the topic of Macross Plus dub vs sub, the fact that the dub doesn't have (IMO) Kanno's best orchestral piece on the OST, "Dog Fight", means it loses a ton of points in my book.  But it is a very well done dub otherwise.

Not sure if this was already mentioned. According to Macross.JP:

In addition to the feature, attendees will view an exclusive special interview with creator/chief director Shoji Kawamori ("Macross", "Aquarion", "Escaflowne").

Not sure though if it's a new interview recording or old.

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Not sure if this was already mentioned. According to Macross.JP:

Not sure though if it's a new interview recording or old.

That's confirmed. It was mentioned on the new promo that i seen on my regular phone feed a couple days ago. Also, in related news, I got Two tickets for me and The Boy. 😁

This is showing at the Regal theatre at the north town mall in Spokane, Washington. I already have tickets for my two sons and I. I really can’t wait! If there is swag to buy, hope the wife understands! Looking forward to this so much!

Twich

On 11/19/2021 at 8:18 PM, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Really tempted to go see this. Wish it were a little more kid-friendly so I could take my son like I did with the Transformers re-release a couple months ago.

Other than the one shot, what is not kid friendly in your opinion?

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

The wire bondage scene. Sharon is nude practically in certain scenes and is suggestive. Isamu and Guld's fist fights. Guld and Myune's scene fight scene with the mirror. The little guy almost shooting Isamu in the head. Isamu with the blonde on their date.

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

23 minutes ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

The wire bondage scene. Sharon is nude practically in certain scenes and is suggestive. Isamu and Guld's fist fights. Guld and Myune's scene fight scene with the mirror. The little guy almost shooting Isamu in the head. Isamu with the blonde on their date.

And don't forget the lyrics to Idol Talk when Yang hacks Sharon during the concert on Eden.

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yeah, that rapey domestic violence subplot is not something I want to try to decode for my kids.

12 minutes ago, Focslain said:

And don't forget the lyrics to Idol Talk when Yang hacks Sharon during the concert on Eden.

Correct. And it's a great work by Wantanbe, but a strong work.

16/17+, Not younger. I saw it in 1995 on VHS; I was 17.

2 hours ago, Knight26 said:

The guys above pretty much covered it. My son’s a tween, for the record, so not a little kid any more but not sure he’s ready for one of the darker, heavier chapters of Macross, especially when he hasn’t even seen the original yet. He’s also not real fond of reading subs.

4 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

The guys above pretty much covered it. My son’s a tween, for the record, so not a little kid any more but not sure he’s ready for one of the darker, heavier chapters of Macross, especially when he hasn’t even seen the original yet. He’s also not real fond of reading subs.

Maybe we'll get lucky and have Frontier and Delta dubs. My kid is 20 now, about 10 when we discovered Frontier as a whole and we expanded together from there. 

I was stoked to find out that my local (Big Island, HI) Regal theater will have a showing, and I will definitely be there. It could be dubbed in Swahili for all I care - for me, it's about being able to legally support the franchise. I already own the movie on disc and have a home theater so it's not necessarily all about the actual in-theater experience; rather to help demonstrate that there is a market here.

I went to this theater about a week ago for a different movie, and they were showing the preview for M+ in the lobby. It was a real trip to walk in and have Information High greeting me from the PA system.

18 hours ago, Hiriyu said:

I went to this theater about a week ago for a different movie, and they were showing the preview for M+ in the lobby. It was a real trip to walk in and have Information High greeting me from the PA system.

See... this is why I want to see it in the theater.  Not even for the movie itself, but the concerts, music, and insane visuals.  It's an amazing sight.

11 hours ago, Kelsain said:

Alright, which two of you am I going to see at the theater in Erie, PA?

Me and a buddy of mine are hitting the Robinson by Pitt. Not sure if anyone else is nearby as Pitt got three showings.

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

If there is no one in the theater but me, do they still play the movie?

There aren't any minimum attendance numbers to meet right?

Don’t think so, couldn’t have been more than 10 of us watching Ghost in the Shell when I went to the Fathom events screening a few weeks back.

10 hours ago, Shawn said:

If there is no one in the theater but me, do they still play the movie?

There aren't any minimum attendance numbers to meet right?

No minimum. We were the only ones for Empire Strikes Back last year. And Castle In The Sky, this year. 
So the Moscato challenge ends the day before this movie plays. Deculture!!

Edited by Bolt