Bandai VF-31AX Kairos Plus - Mirage Type

jvmacross

Here's a little something that's super easy to do that will improve the look of the 31AX with a pilot sitting in the cockpit.

You see Bandai didn't actually put a seat inside the cockpit. This wasn't a problem with the cramped cockpits of the 25 and 31 series, but on the 31AX, with its more spacious cockpit, the pilot looks like a little kid in an adult seat struggling to look over the dash.

So on both my units I put in a booster seat of sorts under each pilot so they actually look like adults sitting upright.

In my case I just put a wad of blue tack under their butts. It also keeps the pilot from jostling around in the cockpit when, er, taking evasive maneuvers. :rolleyes:

Is it the Black Amex CC and how to get a Porsche @Slave IV

Can see the Porsche as it’s hard to acquire in JP and the Black Amex card as your an “elite” member, however I’m thinking that the “Premium Tier” of Luna’s membership is that it’s used to cover the additional fees that Luna has to use in acquiring more units over the initial allotment that they have in stock (I could be totally wrong as this is just my thoughts). 

Looking  at  various pics from @Sildani, @PsYcHoDyNaMiX and others pics flat out tells that Luna still has rough spots to refine in packaging, however it doesn’t look like it’s not giving it a proper business appearance. Come on Luna.. Your various business competitors does a better quality in packing stuff up securely and not a half ass job like yours. 
To take a quote from Masterchef Oz: “Did you meet the brief in terms of presentation and appearance?”.  

NOPE.. Your into the Elimination round in my books. <_<

Edited by borgified

Thought of sharing.

Got mine yesterday and opened up today. Unfortunately, she got some QC issue on me.

1. Glue stained on the wings

2. Poor paint job on the left wing.

3. Uneven Fold Crystal is installed.

4. Saw some glue on both shoulders joint. It's very tight and I give up transforming it.

Stupid me trying to remove the glue stained but end up destroying the paint.

IMG_20220522_150628.jpg

IMG_20220522_150637.jpg

IMG_20220522_150551.jpg

IMG_20220522_150723.jpg

IMG_20220522_150851.jpg

IMG_20220522_150901.jpg

IMG_20220522_154812.jpg

16 hours ago, Slave IV said:

@LUNA PARK has been getting some heat lately. I wonder if Meghan and Patricia have a new video in the works to help calm the nerves of high strung Macross fans. 😁

LP receives heat on the regular for their questionable business practices but people still flock to them. LP hasnt also posted any videos of quality in months

3 hours ago, chriswoo said:

oh wow i feel yoour sadness  recieving multiple QC issue on your new valkyrie as it almost like 2nd hand purchase. any chances asking the store to replace new one ?

Yeah, thanks for hearing me out. Can't replace it anymore as I've destroyed some paints while trying to remove the glue stained. 

13 hours ago, Sokeijon said:

Yeah, thanks for hearing me out. Can't replace it anymore as I've destroyed some paints while trying to remove the glue stained. 

Sorry that happened to you. Looks like a typical Bandai QC to me. What did you use to remove the glue spill btw? Acetone will destroy paint and there isn’t really any other way than sanding and repainting the affected panel entirely. I had a similar glue spill on my metal composite Zaku and boy, did I have so much fun color matching to factory paint..

2 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Sorry that happened to you. Looks like a typical Bandai QC to me. What did you use to remove the glue spill btw? Acetone will destroy paint and there isn’t really any other way than sanding and repainting the affected panel entirely. I had a similar glue spill on my metal composite Zaku and boy, did I have so much fun color matching to factory paint..

It was a failed removal. I used WD40 multi lubricant, I thought it can remove. Then I use small amount of alcohol also failed. Probably I rubbed to hard.

On 5/16/2022 at 6:01 PM, sqidd said:

I haven't.

Have you contact them yet?

They give me email that my order is on the way since May 17 but the tracking number they gave me is untraceable.

Honestly all the need to email  them like this make me nervous.

22 hours ago, Sokeijon said:

It had QC issues. At that point it was returnable. You tried to fix it, it failed. It's still returnable. I would certainly be returning it if the shipping wasn't cost prohibitive. 

3 hours ago, Rein+ said:

Have you contact them yet?

They give me email that my order is on the way since May 17 but the tracking number they gave me is untraceable.

Honestly all the need to email  them like this make me nervous.

They finally got me tracking after having to pester them. It should be here today. Too bad I won't be here to sign for it. I guess I'll get it tomorrow.

I did receive  mine earlier today.  No padding.  Just a plastic DHL bag around the toy box.  Thankfully everything looks intact.  I don't see any paint/glue issues on the toy.  

IMG20220523114609.jpg.a1089daaf2fea7d7054518afd8cfa965.jpg

IMG20220523114811.jpg.4b989c52020a2301714e47a560f12ea0.jpg

Edited by Negotiator

I broke down and finally asked LP when mine will ever ship. For a minute there, I thought they were going to be my go-to store. All these years in the hobby and I've never found a store to be my absolute go-to. 

Still waiting response from luna after asking why the tracking number is not traceable.

It seems that Luna just give me the number and have yet send it to the post office. I shoudn't have wait for 1 week to confirm it that for sure.

8 hours ago, Negotiator said:

I did receive  mine earlier today.  No padding.  Just a plastic DHL bag around the toy box.  Thankfully everything looks intact.  I don't see any paint/glue issues on the toy.  

IMG20220523114609.jpg.a1089daaf2fea7d7054518afd8cfa965.jpg

IMG20220523114811.jpg.4b989c52020a2301714e47a560f12ea0.jpg

Same for me across the board.

Still waiting for mine to arrive, LP gave me a DHL tracking number, but it was 4 days later for the actual DHL pickup and its been in transit with DHL for 8 days now.  I'm just expecting to be hit with a big brokerage & customs/duties fee any day now - argh.

UPDATE: received the DHL pkg today!  Just a DHL bag around the box, no bubble wrap, the outer box is almost exactly the right size so there's less room to move, but I did get a slight crease at the corners of my real box inside - luckily I'm not a box nazi, but I still like clean boxes.  Woohoo, they just left it at my door without asking for Brokerage or Duties - has anyone experienced this from Canada?  I'm sure to get a bill later on as FedEx did this once a few years back.

Did they change the plastic sheet around the plane from other Bandais - its covered in a frosted plastic sheet instead of the clear plastic sheet.  The paint apps are gorgeous, makes me glad I missed the 04 in the original release and I'm too cheap to buy it to complete the set at the inflated prices.  I hope it doesn't look too out of place with the rest of the older VF-31s.  Overall I find it floppier, slight looser than the first release.  Because its floppier, I found it easier to massage the arms in place and get the canons pointed correctly and that dreaded gap behind the canopy can be massaged away more easily.  However, the nosecone seems to be easily rotated slightly off true (which bugs me, I wished it had a notch or some detent that keep it pointing true) and the wings on mine still don't peg into the legs (I'm going to refrain from sanding them till I get the Super Parts to see how it integrates with those).  Its slightly less swooshable due to its floppiness, but slight nicer as a display piece to just look at (less gaps if you massage them and don't pick it up).  I find the gun underneath doesn't clip to the front like the previous one did - might just be my variation in my batch.  

Oh well, you win some and you loose some, its a nice looking piece sitting there and I really can't wait for the super packs, I love how they attach to the side now instead of sitting on top - huge improvement design wise! 

Just got mine from LP through DHL. It was inside a box with a DHL bag like others here, which I think is an improvement. My 3 prior orders from LP were only in bubble wrap. The first one was sent 4000km away to the wrong province, got to me pretty bashed up a month later. The second didn't have my complete address on the package, just the province and postal code. The third order I emailed them ahead to confirm my address and request for a box, they got the address right but no box. 

Mine had the same glue mark on the same spot. Wondering if I'm brave enough for 1000 grit sandpaper.

Edited by rummynose

I hope whoever at Bandai overseeing the Chogokin 31AX doesn't get to do the SV-303 toy or any other new molds. So far the implementation of near everything that is different from the older 31 is quite a disaster. Only the excellent, carried-over base 31 mold parts in the AX  kind of saves it.  

I might get my Mirage 31ax on either Thursday/Friday if it works out. Luna is really bugging my nerves more than NY due to the stuff that they have pulled so far.

It’s in one of the DHL depots in the US (Cincinnati) and waiting for another plane ride to YVR. Might have to cherry-pick in the next Macross thing to get next as it’s becoming like a 1/6 hobby as stuff is getting pricier and out control. 

One Sixth collection is just as equal @ValkAddict. Pay full pop and wait 3yrs later to get your item, however Bandai stuff is much quicker Hot Toys stuff. 

It’s just as bad on both ends to say the least. Toss in teases to wet your appetite then sooner or later “Bam”, it disappears and it’s swept under the rug and not brought up again or “I don’t anything about it”. 

So I just recently ordered one of these from Mandarake, I am very much looking forward to this valkyrie, as I enjoyed the VF-31C, but did not want to pay the prices that it commanded.  With shipping, this ended up being $308, which is my most expensive valkyrie to date.  I like the colors of the valkyrie, and the fact that it seems to be the only non-single head laser VF-31AX that has been released/announced so far.  

as far as all the QC issues that people are reporting, some of them seem to be similar to the VF-31E that I bought with the wing that wont tab in and the arms that don't fit right into the wing.  *Knocks on Wood*, hope this valk that I will be receiving will be ok, as I display my valks in fighter mode most of the time.

I will concur and second the statement that someone made that I hope that the upcoming(hopefully) SV-303 Vivastat will be designed by a different team, they really need to hit this one out of the part to strengthen bandai's enemy valkyrie showings.

Twich

12 minutes ago, borgified said:

I didn’t have any issues with Chuck’s 31e at all @twich. That saying, I leave them in fighter mode and have no issues at with Messer’s, Mirage’s or Chuck’s 31. 

I had the VF-31F release from the first Macross Delta movie and had not issues whatsoever.  I love the design of the VF-31 and am very happy that I managed to secure a release of the Vf-31AX Mirage custom from Mandarake.  I don't know, I guess with anything, the QC can be hit or miss.  the SV-262 that I got before any other Delta valk was awesome, but it gave me anxiety trying to transform it from fighter to Battroid, so it stay in Battroid mode only and will probably never be transformed again.

Twich

6 hours ago, borgified said:

One Sixth collection is just as equal @ValkAddict.

It’s just as bad on both ends to say the least. Toss in teases to wet your appetite then sooner or later “Bam”, it disappears and it’s swept under the rug and not brought up again or “I don’t anything about it”. 

Thankfully I don't collect 1/6 scale. But I agree with the latter statement, release the rest of the SDF Hi-Metal destroids Bandai - please!!

6 hours ago, twich said:

So I just recently ordered one of these from Mandarake, I am very much looking forward to this valkyrie, as I enjoyed the VF-31C, but did not want to pay the prices that it commanded.  With shipping, this ended up being $308, which is my most expensive valkyrie to date.

Nice score! I think on average valks have cost me $300 ... :(

D405142C-F2EE-49FA-9DC0-28BE4749C818.jpeg

Crappy photo I know, however you get the idea.. 

Got my copy of Mirage's 31ax via Luna and literally had to drive over to my old address to pick it up as my new address did not get updated. Personally I don't mind the drive, as I was on the edge after reading so many reports and needed a distraction to take it off my mind. Packaged on a plain packing box with un-business like packaging. It's slightly improved, however it lacks finesse. 

For those that still want to go with Luna after my post, it's your money and you call. That's all that I have to say as of now. 

My friend who's on here hasn't posted his from LP yet. He received his yesterday. They did him dirty. The shipping box was intact and fine, but they shipped him a pre-smashed/bashed VF-31AX Mirage. It wasn't in a dhl bag but wrapped in one layer of thin bubble wrap. I told him to post here on MWF as a warning to others, but he's yet to do so.

Yea with a premium marked up price... higher than usual shipping prices. LP will need to do more to win me over for a second transaction. There are other businesses willing to go further for the same price as LP.

Guess this is the end of the line for me for LunaPark store site. I am so DONE and over. 

Finally received my VF-31AX mirage after realizing everyone here need it to email them to have them ship the figure. So I did. 

week or so pass and I finally GOT IT upon receiving it I was staring at it like hmm this shipping box looks really small..... As I open it , IT WAS SUPER TIGHTLY PACKED

with only a layer of bubble sheet lay on top, not WRAPED but lay on top..... 

the worst has yet to come until I took it out from the box I felt the massive dent on the back of the figure box.......

As I turn it around I SEE IT.... oh my heart...ache , as I follow the super creased dent to the top of the corner of the box I SEE  the SMASH CONER..... 

I was so confuse because when I look at the shipping box I do not see a smashed corner nor a dent on the back. 

while I was doing this I was sharing the photo and experience to my fellow collector as we both came to a conclusion that Luna may have just ship me a damage box figure off the bat.... 

Now i know I am not the only one that had bad experience with them and trust me before I post this I emailed them and this has been a few days pass already. 

I did not get much of a respond back.... to pay upfront and mark up price of the figure we love is fine but to take that money and not provide that premium service back to the buyer and skim on shipping for THE LONGEST and not even addressing it. Not to mention no update on the order when the figure arrive. Seriously ??? 

I have rant enough, thanks for reading folks. Also to those that REALLY cant get the figure after looking everywhere you have to second think first before deciding to buy from lunapark.

received_1027263821231111.jpeg

received_745398049978513.jpeg

received_581943749860081.jpeg

received_534293775028185.jpeg

2 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

My friend who's on here hasn't posted his from LP yet. He received his yesterday. They did him dirty. The shipping box was intact and fine, but they shipped him a pre-smashed/bashed VF-31AX Mirage. It wasn't in a dhl bag but wrapped in one layer of thin bubble wrap. I told him to post here on MWF as a warning to others, but he's yet to do so.

Yea with a premium marked up price... higher than usual shipping prices. LP will need to do more to win me over for a second transaction. There are other businesses willing to go further for the same price as LP.

Is your friend @Arky? He did post about his LP purchase over at 1/48 DX VF-1 thread😄