Macross 40th Anniversary Thread. What are you expecting?

Gerli

Personally, I'm keen to see if the Worldwide VF-25 is going to be part of a series of special edition DX VFs.

I rather like the paintjob, so I'd like to see the major VFs all together in that... the VF-0, VF-1, VF-11, VF-19, VF-25, and VF-31.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, ValkAddict said:

I feel like the Macross 40th anniversary has been a bit underwhelming ... where are all the cool merchandise and toys??

Macross tends to do its anniversary stuff and especially new series announcements in the latter part of the year.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bolt said:

They didn't do the white base 1:1 😜

And more's the pity...

But two and a half feet long is pretty darn small when the neighbors are doing 18m.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, charles88 said:

Speaking of anniversary, do you guys think that Kawamori should bring back Virtual Idol in next Maxross series?

Nah, it was an innovative idea in 1994... but now it's something that's been defictionalized, so it's no longer unique or compelling as a premise.

6 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Nah, it was an innovative idea in 1994... but now it's something that's been defictionalized, so it's no longer unique or compelling as a premise.

What if those virtual idol are fully sentient AI? This one completly different from Sharon  as its creator build AI that intended to be fully santient from the start and do not use human personality as based. Because Kaamori pretty much used up alll idol type so why not reuse previous idol trope like Frontier reuse first Macross trope/

On 10/14/2022 at 11:09 PM, Seto Kaiba said:
On 10/14/2022 at 10:25 PM, charles88 said:

Speaking of anniversary, do you guys think that Kawamori should bring back Virtual Idol in next Maxross series?

Because I want Actual fully sentient AI with actual personality and heart. Also these new sentient vitual AI also commanding entire unmanned VF army in that colony fleet. Another reason is I want Macross tackle whether or not Sentient AI has heart and soul or not. Also make Ai fell in love with main MC normally.

Edited by charles88