Macross 40th Anniversary Thread. What are you expecting?

Gerli

40 years? Already? Why it was only yesterday that I was fanboying over the 25th Anniversary! I followed every episode, spending a lot of time here speculating on the Vajra and their place in the setting. Was Sheryl the same as Sara or more Nao? Swooning over Ranka's debut and so on!
As a lifelong fan, I'll be happy with whatever comes my way.

You know I would love a Mikimoto old style artwork anniversary DYRL poster. I was never crazy about the three theater posters were released back in the day. Also, he could do a Minmay concert singing advertisement poster as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

Will Haruhiko Mikimoto finally finish that new Macross artbook that’s been delayed since 2018?

Probably....after years since the initial PO was opened and then closed....it is now once again available for PO on AJ with a 2/10/2022 release date...

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/美樹本-晴彦/dp/4041065062/ref=sr_1_3?qid=1639578790&s=books&sr=1-3&text=美樹本+晴彦

On 12/15/2021 at 6:34 AM, jvmacross said:

Probably....after years since the initial PO was opened and then closed....it is now once again available for PO on AJ with a 2/10/2022 release date...

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/美樹本-晴彦/dp/4041065062/ref=sr_1_3?qid=1639578790&s=books&sr=1-3&text=美樹本+晴彦

Yikes…after years of delays Amazon Japan has just gone out and canceled my preorder. 

をご利用いただき、ありがとうございます。

以下のご注文商品につきまして、販売元より発売延期の連絡を受けました。新しい発売日が未定のため、誠に勝手ながら、ご注文商品をキャンセルさせていただきました。

美樹本晴彦マクロス画集 (ASIN:4041065062)

このたびは、ご注文商品をお届けできず、ご迷惑をおかけしたことをお詫びいたします。

WTF?!?!? :blink:

Yeah....I was used to the "de-listing" for years.........but they had never went out and actually cancelled existing PO's....

I have noticed that AJ has been limiting which Macross books actually become available for overseas shipping.....maybe they finally got around to blocking this one too....

Hopefully, it is just being pushed back to an October 2022 release to coincide with the 40th SDFM anniversary....UGH

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/19/2021 at 2:16 PM, wmkjr said:

A BD remastered release with English subtitles, TV SDF-1, 40th anniversary scheme VF-1J  and figure models with special outfits, remastered or concert version of TV soundtrack, and limited time pop up shop with exclusive goods.

Only in Japan. 

I would have to predict that may happen for the 40th Anniversary of the Macross Franchise. I'm not an hardcore fan but I can probably guess where it could lead to.

- 40th Anniversary Blu-Ray Remaster of Super Dimension Fortress Macross  (1982) with some Animation Fixes and such (we have the technology) (maybe only for Japan)

- Some Valkyres would be sold in Western Retailers like Barnes and Noble, Target, GameStop, etc. right next to the Gunpla 

- A Western Blu-Ray release for most of the Macross Franchise, starting off either with Macross II: Lovers Again or Macross Frontier (honestly I don't care on what order they would release the series). For whom I would like it to be Distributed by, I would choose RightStuf (They released a majority of the Gundam Franchise for Sunrise (now Namco Bandai Arts)). I was thinking Discotek Media but I doubt they would be able to get it. Same with Crunchyroll Home Video (formerly FUNimation Home Video). They wouldn't have to release it all this year but at least release 1 series or Movie.

- Macross Delta: Zettai Live!!!!!! Western Theatrical Release by Fanthom Events 

- A Western Streaming Video release for the Franchise (II through Delta) either on A.) Crunchyroll, B.) Netflix or C.) Some other Streaming Service (Maybe have a dub for Frontier or Delta (sans songs))

- A new video game release or announcement for a Macross Shoot Em' Up that would be one of the first Macross games to ever come outside of Japan. 

- Uta Macross Event where there would be an International Version of the game with some changes 

Wow! I must have gone far too long so I'll hop off for you to decide.