Considering gettig my first toy, Yamato Yf-19

Captain Global

Hi, I'm considering getting mi first macross toy and wanted some advice. Recently a friend has offered me a Yamato Yf-19 (first version) for 90 eur shipping included. I just wanted to ask if it is really wort it for that price. Semms that that design has been surpased by Arcadia and Bandai, but the price of those is more than prohibitive. I halso have heard good things about the hi metal series, but its prize has also been getting higher with the years.  

This seems like the best opportunity to get a transformable Yf 19 for a good price. 

Tell me your opinnion. 

19 minutes ago, Captain Global said:

Not ready to drop 280 or more on that one, however, it's a beauty. 

Wait....you did not mention the scale of the Yamato YF-19 being offered....the first version Yamato released was a 1/72...if that is the one being offered to you at 90 euros, then that is not a good friend...LOL 

7 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Wait....you did not mention the scale of the Yamato YF-19 being offered....the first version Yamato released was a 1/72...if that is the one being offered to you at 90 euros, then that is not a good friend...LOL 

Good point!!! It is the 1/60 one, always avoided the 1/72 one as the reviews are quite poor. 

Just ask your friend if is a first release. If it is open ask him to check the the biceps.

On the first run of the biceps just exploded for no reason and to make the things worse you only noticed it when handled the toy just to find the arms to be loose as hell. (A part that slide over the biceps during transformation hide this issue)

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1673

There is the listing for the releases.

After the original release there are 2 more.

You can identify the release by the box art.

Edited by Froy

17 hours ago, Froy said:

Just ask your friend if is a first release. If it is open ask him to check the the biceps.

On the first run of the biceps just exploded for no reason and to make the things worse you only noticed it when handled the toy just to find the arms to be loose as hell. (A part that slide over the biceps during transformation hide this issue)

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=1673

There is the listing for the releases.

After the original release there are 2 more.

You can identify the release by the box art.

Thanks, seems to be the first edition. Ive also seen there are replacement parts for 3d printing, anyone have experience with tose?

• 1 month later...