Posting is very slow?

Over the last day or two, I've noticed it's taking a really long time for posts to... post... once I hit the Post/Submit button.  It'll stick on "Saving..." for a good 20-30 seconds or more.

I've been seeing it on several different OS's and versions of Chrome.  I haven't tried with other browsers.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Over the last day or two, I've noticed it's taking a really long time for posts to... post... once I hit the Post/Submit button.  It'll stick on "Saving..." for a good 20-30 seconds or more.

I've been seeing it on several different OS's and versions of Chrome.  I haven't tried with other browsers.

Same here, and even clearing my cache isn't helping.

Yeah...ditto

Found the cause-the stupid email alerts

For followed content and personal messages, it was getting errors and timing out

I've temp disabled emails for posts and messages until I can sort it out this week

Let me know if you see a difference now
S

59 minutes ago, Shawn said:

there are apparently different levels of 'following a topic/member'
I've turned them all off, so hopefully this will get things working again until I figure out what the heck happened to emails on the server

Is the SMTP server not responding, or just overloaded?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Found the issue and have corrected it.

Does anyone care about the email notifications when following a post/getting notified?
I re-enabled personal message emails, but was wondering about the rest...like is it too much noise

S

image.png.289b4c47450a1bedd017e3e756dba0ae.png

On 10/4/2021 at 11:58 PM, Shawn said:

Found the issue and have corrected it.

Does anyone care about the email notifications when following a post/getting notified?
I re-enabled personal message emails, but was wondering about the rest...like is it too much noise

S

image.png.289b4c47450a1bedd017e3e756dba0ae.png

Guess I'm a little late to figure out what was happening, but I was relying upon the notification emails to help me when pre-orders started. Not receiving anything now.

Edited by pablumatic