Matchbox Custom Cyclone VR-052F

Hikaru84

Hi there, I wanted to share some pictures of this Matchbox custom Cyclone I did. It has several modifications, new resin windshield, new engine, new front light and new armament, all of them of my design.  The wheels belon to the IMAI 1/15 Armour model kit. I hope you like it!

Cyclone-VR-052F-01.jpg

Cyclone-VR-052F-02.jpg

Ciclón Matchbox Custom-00.jpg

Ciclón Matchbox Custom-03.jpg

Ciclón Matchbox Custom-05.jpg

6 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

I wonder if you could make it transform, given the right joints?

Ooh no, this is the one that goes with the action figures... it's basically one solid chunk of plastic with not even a hint of transformation mechanisms. To make a transforming Cyclone at that size you'd be better off starting with a scratch build.. or grab the CMs toys. 

7 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

That looks sooooo much better, it looks like an actual Ride-Armor now. Excellent job @Hikaru84

Now you need a custom figure to go with it. :D

Thanks a lot for the comments to every one.  And... I have got the custom figure to go with it! I will show it soon.😉

Edited by Hikaru84

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Ooh no, this is the one that goes with the action figures... it's basically one solid chunk of plastic with not even a hint of transformation mechanisms. To make a transforming Cyclone at that size you'd be better off starting with a scratch build.. or grab the CMs toys. 

I know...I'm saying give it a transform. Cut the parts out and attach joints; I've done that for several projects.

On 9/25/2021 at 3:03 PM, pengbuzz said:

Really nice work.

I wonder if you could make it transform, given the right joints?

I think you could, chopping it very gently, but the Matchbox Cyclone is just too big for the 3 3/4" figures. It feels like those huge BMW bikes! The CM´s Mospedas would donate better parts for a 3 3/4" figure, although they are a little too small. I believe the Matchbox bike is more like 1/15th or 1/16th scale tan 1/18th scale like the 3 3/4" figures.

3 hours ago, Hikaru84 said:

I think you could, chopping it very gently, but the Matchbox Cyclone is just too big for the 3 3/4" figures. It feels like those huge BMW bikes! The CM´s Mospedas would donate better parts for a 3 3/4" figure, although they are a little too small. I believe the Matchbox bike is more like 1/15th or 1/16th scale tan 1/18th scale like the 3 3/4" figures.

I would take the best sized from each to do the overall bike/ armor then.

• 1 month later...