Diorama

SpaceCowboy

So I got into hot wheels recently, which then lead me to wanting to put together a diorama.  Then I realized that hot wheels were a bit smaller than the 1/60th scale macross stuff, but probably not noticeably so.  So I thought I'd like to make a little street battle scene.  Not really sure if I had the time or dedication, I decided I wanted to put one together as cheaply as possible, and I didn't want it to require too much skill.  I found some free buildings online.  Found some street tiles.  Then with some cardboard and a color printer, went to work.  The color printer had crappy toner so the buildings have some discoloration in them.  Then I don't really know what I'm doing with photoshop, so this is the best I could come up with.  But wanted to share nonetheless.

If you have tips on building better dioramas or using photoshop, post them here.  Otherwise, I just wanted to share what I built up, as I figured some of you might get a kick out of it.

Macross_photoshopped.jpg

3 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

If you have tips on building better dioramas or using photoshop, post them here.  Otherwise, I just wanted to share what I built up, as I figured some of you might get a kick out of it.

Thanks for sharing, but I think discussions of this nature belong here instead. 🔒

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 11:15 AM, SpaceCowboy said:

Ah, apologies.  I can post there if admins can delete this.  Thanks!

Or we can just ask them to transfer it over to there. Why delete it?

As for the Hot Wheels/ Matchbox cars, there's something I had not considered. I might find a use for them in one of my dio's; right now it's just stuff I scratched-up specifically for it:

100_1075.JPG.dcf0d1a972b284684dc66932c0fbbf7e.JPG

Edited by pengbuzz

• 2 weeks later...