You can only watch one movie for the rest of your life........

sqidd

2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Well most of the live action movies they make nowadays dont impress me, considering what they could be making.

What I really love is a good war movie. 

War movie? How about Glory. I didn't expect Ferris Bueller to be good in it. The whole cast seems to be full of now popular actors. The director also made The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise. He seemed to get out of his Tom Cruise action star role in that one. Also Defiance with Daniel Craig. I kind of remember Black Book being pretty good.

I'm not an expert on war movies though. There is another really good one that I can't remember right now. One of those recommended top movies to see. I think more of a story about a city under siege or occupation. Like a documentary movie it feels real. I don't want to spoil the ending with describing it too much. I think it's set in a Middle Eastern or desert type city. Possibly black and white. I saw it years ago. A bunch of top directors recommended it. I wish I could remember the name or find it in a quick search. I'm sure I saw it in one of those top movie lists. Or a director like Michael Mann said to watch it. This is like that Honeymooners episode when Ralph can't remember the name of something.

Edited by JetJockey

11 hours ago, JetJockey said:

How about Glory

Seen it. Recorded the action back in the days of vhs.

The Last Samurai

Have it on dvd. Also a fan of sword slashing samurai action.😁

don't want to spoil the ending with describing it too much.

We know what is going to happen in most war movies anyway.😆 

I dont watch live action movies for the plot - most of them are so formulaic you can often predict exactly what is going to happen anyway.

Three modern war movies I'd love to see made would be one about Operation Barbarossa (although that should probably be a miniseries), one about about the battle of Borodino, and one about the battle of Pydna.

Edited by Podtastic

2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Seen it. Recorded the action back in the days of vhs.

Have it on dvd. Also a fan of sword slashing samurai action.😁

We know what is going to happen in most war movies anyway.😆 

I dont watch live action movies for the plot - most of them are so formulaic you can often predict exactly what is going to happen anyway.

Three modern war movies I'd love to see made would be one about Operation Barbarosa (although that should probably be a miniseries), one about about the battle of Borodino, and one about the battle of Pydna.

Remembered it! The Battle of Algiers. Really worth watching.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_of_Algiers

That Spielberg / Hanks produced Band of Brothers was good as well. Better than Saving Private Ryan to me.

32 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

How about 'The Guns of Navarone'?

I need to rewatch both of those Navarone movies.

Edited by JetJockey

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

How about 'The Guns of Navarone'?

May have seen it back in the day. Read the book.

4 hours ago, JetJockey said:

Remembered it! The Battle of Algiers. Really worth watching.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Battle_of_Algiers

Will check it out.

4 hours ago, JetJockey said:

That Spielberg / Hanks produced Band of Brothers was good as well. Better than Saving Private Ryan to me.

I have the Band of Brothers boxed set. Also Pacific.

Really enjoyed those.

I also have the German Generation War, which is a little similar but with German soldiers rather than Americans. Subtitled.

Edited by Podtastic