You can only watch one movie for the rest of your life........

sqidd

Definitely-Master and Commander. I've already seen it so many times and I noticed some new detail every time.

I hate to foul up your thread @sqidd but I'm gonna give Blade Runner (The Final Cut) . As an honorable mention! 

Edited by Bolt

Was about to go with Empire Strikes Back, but gonna go a little off script and choose Swingers.

Was never full-on into the whole swing revival thing, but so much of that film is relatable to my college and young adult years.  The Vegas trips, using the Club on your steering wheel, trying to count how many strokes you took on a local golf spot, fighting over video games, busting your buddies’ chops, and waiting three days.

A fun movie with a great message about having the right perspective on things.

You’re so money, and you don’t even know it.

That’s a tough one. I’m torn between classics like Die Hard, the first Indy and og Ghostbusters or a couple of newer ones like The Suicide Squad or Scott Pilgrim. I’d probably be so bored if I could only pick one movie for the rest of my life. At least I can listen to music and watch whatever tv shows. It’s too bad it’s not by franchise, because I’d probably roll with the mcu since there’s such a large amount of films there and not a lot of part three fizzle.

I guess if there can be only one, I might just go with Scott Pilgrim just because it has humor and romance and crazy imagination and a great use of sound. It may also be the most faithful comic book movie ever and it’s easy to watch more than once, but it is a tough decision 

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.

It's an old comedy that's got a little bit of everything.  It's got high comedy, it's got pratfalls and dirty jokes and buffoonery.  It's got some bawdy bits.  It's got some action and a nicely choreographed classic chase scene.  Some memorable songs.  Some great performances by actors like Zero Mostel, Phil Silvers, Buster Keaton, and Michael Crawford.  Like the overture claims, it's got Something for everyone!  A comedy, tonight!.

Amazon.com: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum : Zero Mostel,  Phil Silvers, Buster Keaton, Michael Crawford, Jack Gilford, Annette Andre,  Michael Hordern, Leon Greene, Roy Kinnear, Alfie Bass,

I tend to approach these "desert island" questions practically.  Only one movie?

Shoah.

It's not only considered "the greatest documentary about contemporary history ever made," it's also 9 and-a-half hours long.  😅

29 minutes ago, sqidd said:

103 views.......12 replies. Man, people are laaaaaazy!:D

Or very indecisive, like myself.  I can't bring it down to just one movie, period; I start to type a title and before it's finished another title is vying for supremacy.  What film encapsulates "everything" that makes cinema? 

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

103 views.......12 replies. Man, people are laaaaaazy!:D

HaHa! I enjoy film too much to pigeonhole myself to one movie, but I’ll play the game. If I have to choose one favorite that I can easily watch multiple times over, then it would be Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

image.jpeg.82cc8da62ff0d67578b8d2e2ee727f6e.jpeg

4 hours ago, tekering said:

I tend to approach these "desert island" questions practically.  Only one movie?

Shoah.

It's not only considered "the greatest documentary about contemporary history ever made," it's also 9 and-a-half hours long.  😅

On that note mb I should have gone with Sergei Bonderchuk's War and Peace.

Only 422 minutes!😀

In Russian!😁

(Made by commies to show how uber they were, but made about the empire they overthrew. I guess even they knew that nobody wanted to watch a movie about food queues and gulags.😝)

6 hours ago, Wolf-1 said:

Or very indecisive, like myself.  I can't bring it down to just one movie, period; I start to type a title and before it's finished another title is vying for supremacy.  What film encapsulates "everything" that makes cinema? 

That's the point. Making the hard choice. Everyone has 10+ movies that pop into their heads instantly and they don't want to give any up.;)

28 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That's the point. Making the hard choice. Everyone has 10+ movies that pop into their heads instantly and they don't want to give any up.;)

This is true. But then when I read your thread, the other 10 movies that I can think of that I want to watch came after I first thought of The Ten Commandments. ;) 

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This is true. But then when I read your thread, the other 10 movies that I can think of that I want to watch came after I first thought of The Ten Commandments. ;) 

Mine was a standout too.

Not surprisingly a lot of what people have picked would occupy second place for me. For the most part I expected it to be pretty narrowly focused on this board.

I also thought it would be interesting insight into people's personalities. For example, I fully expected @tekering to pick something I have never heard of.

I'm surprised no one has picked Predator yet.

Why only one? Seems like some focus group test. Like the one movie or video game you would take to an island or something.

I would probably take a movie that never gets old. That is fun. That has a lot of different environments. Something like a Mospeada or Robotech New Generation movie if it existed. That has singing. Snow, desert, beach, space, and other environments. Heist episode. Adventure. Something like that. I struggle to think of one movie that has all that right now.

Zendaya watches Harry Potter every day.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B08bdqEgsT3/

https://hellogiggles.com/news/zendaya-harry-potter/

This sounds like me when I was a kid. I would wear out many movies and scenes like Max's scene in Macross DYRL and the opening of Battle of the Planets.

Edited by JetJockey
No Instagram image.

In an ideal world, I would just watch favorites all the time. Southern Cross, Mospeada, Blade Runner, Tron, Goonies, Predator 1-2, Terminator, Indiana Jones 1-3, Star Wars Original Trilogy, favorites in the Bond series. The list goes on. It would be like Howard Hughes watching the same movies all the time. Or one of those fashion designers that said he watches Connery Bond movies all the time when they are in the islands.