MOSCATO HOBBY MODELLING CONTEST!!

2 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Are you still going to finish and mount them now that you have submitted your entry?

Most definitely. I need to take a little bit of a break first. I've been pushing myself pretty hard the past week+ to get this done (probably over 50 hours) and I'm a little burnt out. Once I recharge my batteries I will finish everything I planned for it, but at a much slower pace.

6 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

Yeah I sculpted the claw like thing in the back, the partial disk in the front, and the city tower.

I also sculpted a couple of cannons but I ran out of time to finish and mount them.

Cannon01.jpg.a3d70e840bedd240ea68edee2ec28ff2.jpg

The figure is on a thick acrylic rod. There's no chance of it ever breaking or falling. I bumped that thing more times and in more ways than I care to admit so it has been thoroughly tested 🙂.

And that diorama... 😵. While I agree that your figure is more than strong enough to stand on its own that thing is a whole other level of awesomeness.

Definitely finish that dio, I implore you!! You seem to have captured the look of the series in a way I wasn't expecting, and am quite taken by. 

1 hour ago, captain america said:

Definitely finish that dio, I implore you!! You seem to have captured the look of the series in a way I wasn't expecting, and am quite taken by. 

Thank you so much for the kind words. There is no doubt I will finish it. There are also some additional ideas I had for it that I had to set aside due to the time constraint that I will be adding in. Your fantastic work deserves all that I can do to highlight it.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:57 AM, Bolt said:

3420D04C-228A-4ED7-BC54-5A767F96C5E0.jpeg.340cf89b8108ecb8705860bfb54eeee1.jpeg

I like where you're going with this piece, Bolt.  I'm very curious about all the chipping on the back hatch and the back of the thighs in particular...  Is it meant to indicate exposure to the elements, like on some harsh alien moon or something? :huh:

Thanks amigo. I'm definitely working more on this one. And yes, the implication is a harsh combat environment. As per my other 1/72's , this unit is part of my Megaroad hangar diorama project. Which will have mixed Zentradi and spacy mecha. I picture it being a scene of heavy use combat mecha preparing for another sortie. 

10 hours ago, jenius said:

Is that a Meltrandi Regult? That's a super fun idea.

That's an interesting idea , for sure. My intention is for this to be a Zentradi pilot who, as is the fashion post space war 1, has painted and decorated his Regult as an homage to Minmay.

3 hours ago, Gabe Q said:

Congratulations to every participant! It must have been impossibly tough to choose a winner as they were all excellent. 

Absolutely.  I was sure Jonathan Botting would take the top spot with his remarkable paint work (on both his sumissions), but then @Boobytrap showed his stunning display base, with all the shiny lights; he would've surely won, if he'd had the time to complete it properly.  Heck, @Bolt's not even ready to submit yet, and he's already put my weathering to shame! :o

I must've just slipped past by the skin of my teeth. 😬

Thanks for the acknowledgement, everybody, and keep up the awesome work! :good: