Are Okini.land and Solarisjapan trustworthy for used items?

Solaris is the only one with a used grade for their items it seems. Neither website has responded to my inquiries regarding photos of the item in hand or even just a description of them.

Anyone know if they are good places for used items, or dubious at best?

I used Solaris one time for a used VF-25F and may never try again. They had it as a 5 star used item. I should have asked for pictures but figured it would be at least in very good condition.The figure I received was yellowing, joints loose, and smelled like smoke. They tried to ask me to bleach my figure. I promptly opened a dispute with PayPal and returned their trash. I’m sticking to Mandarake and AmiAmi for my used items going forward.

17 minutes ago, SoLoBoY said:

I used Solaris one time for a used VF-25F and may never try again. They had it as a 5 star used item. I should have asked for pictures but figured it would be at least in very good condition.The figure I received was yellowing, joints loose, and smelled like smoke. They tried to ask me to bleach my figure. I promptly opened a dispute with PayPal and returned their trash. I’m sticking to Mandarake and AmiAmi for my used items going forward.

Thanks for the warning on Solaris. I just now got a response back from Okini saying

Hello,
We don't provide picture, but we can guarantee the product is complete and in good condition.

Thank you for your trust.

Not helping with my trust issues much. My Q was sent 8 days ago, so not great turn around either but ehh.

On 8/10/2021 at 7:12 PM, ValkAddict said:

I haven't used Okini.land and Solarisjapan, so I can't comment.

But I can highly recommend Mandarake and Jungle. I've had nothing but good experiences with both sites, the latter sometimes more expensive. Good luck!

How accurate is AmiAmi? Is a B grade item still a good buy?

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread about Okini Land web shop, just wanted to know usually how much time it takes to Okini Land to full fill Tamashi Nation Exclusive figures?, is my first time ordering from them just because they handle this kind of exclusive figures, the figure that I ordered is a Saint Seiya  EX Siren Sorrento exclusive, the item is already out the same time the Stand alone Bandai Armor for the DX Chogokin Valks released,  already placed a ticket last week and not a single answer, and today put another one. Maybe Im just paranoid but can't stop this  Nippon Yassan feeling . 😅 

16 hours ago, Alex GS said:

Just found this thread about Okini Land web shop, just wanted to know usually how much time it takes to Okini Land to full fill Tamashi Nation Exclusive figures?, is my first time ordering from them just because they handle this kind of exclusive figures, the figure that I ordered is a Saint Seiya  EX Siren Sorrento exclusive, the item is already out the same time the Stand alone Bandai Armor for the DX Chogokin Valks released,  already placed a ticket last week and not a single answer, and today put another one. Maybe Im just paranoid but can't stop this  Nippon Yassan feeling . 😅 

takes about 1 week or so.  but also depends on what shipping method you choose..  there's one that's like a private warehouse and will hold for you until you ask them to ship it. 

6 hours ago, F360 said:

takes about 1 week or so.  but also depends on what shipping method you choose..  there's one that's like a private warehouse and will hold for you until you ask them to ship it. 

Thanks @F360 for the information about Okini Land, finally received the shipping payment request thru email  today early in the morning, but it was just a direct link payment for Paypal for Epacket , no option for other shipping methods or any status change in my OkiniLand account. But oh well at least it seems I got the order moving finally, I have another Tamashi Exclusive already payed up and waiting, but this one was in FromJapan proxy service, lets see how it goes with this one when the item releases.