Repairing a YF-30 chogokin

cosmic

Hi,

I found 2 yf-30s that have some broken parts and I want to know if you guys think they can be fixed. The first has one of the back canards is broken, looks like a metal tube that rotates just broke in half. Is any part of that tube removable such that it could be welded back together?

2nd one is a flap that covers the chest section in robot mode.  Looks like a two sided flap, since I dont own one I dont know if its metal or not. Any help is greatly appreciated.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by cosmic

The second one I believe is a plastic flap. The first one, I'm not sure which portion specific you're pointing out. Can you post a photo of that if it's possible. If you don't have it, can you find some photos online and mark it.

I'll try to see if I can inspect mine this week. I'm trying to box stuff due to moving.

Also, for things like this, it's best that we post it in the Macross Maintenance thread for future reference. Thanks! :hi:

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The second one I believe is a plastic flap. The first one, I'm not sure which portion specific you're pointing out. Can you post a photo of that if it's possible. If you don't have it, can you find some photos online and mark it.

I'll try to see if I can inspect mine this week. I'm trying to box stuff due to moving.

Also, for things like this, it's best that we post it in the Macross Maintenance thread for future reference. Thanks! :hi:

Thank you. I did not know where even was a repair thread. This will be useful.