[A24] Lamb

26 minutes ago, Old_Nash said:

The music on trailer...

Appreciate that. I wouldn't have known that connection to the song; I figured they chose it for irony's sake, but apparently Brian Wilson can add clairvoyance to his list of talents.^_^

15 hours ago, kajnrig said:

This is the same production company that bankrolled the likes of The Witch, Hereditary, and Midsommar. Wat? is their modus operandi.

Unfortunately, the two former movies have this great buildup to pretty lackluster endings, and the latter was downright awful IMO.

Lamb trailer has me hooked nonetheless.

41 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

Unfortunately, the two former movies have this great buildup to pretty lackluster endings, and the latter was downright awful IMO.

Lamb trailer has me hooked nonetheless.

You didn't like the ending of The Witch? I think it was understated but rather effective. I'm in agreement about Hereditary, though; I wanted something sliiightly more dramatic to happen.

I think The Witch is still an impressive movie over it's course, but it seems to make a point of Anya's character being the only true believer of the family, and in the end she's like "ok then" and enlists as a witch? That felt anti-climatic at that point, and the levitating was a bit too much for my taste.

As for Hereditary, I still hold on to the idea that all that was missing was a final shot revealing that the ending set was just one of Toni Colette's character's models.

4 hours ago, electric indigo said:

I think The Witch is still an impressive movie over it's course, but it seems to make a point of Anya's character being the only true believer of the family, and in the end she's like "ok then" and enlists as a witch? That felt anti-climatic at that point, and the levitating was a bit too much for my taste.

I like The Witch overall, but I feel like it was made worse by there actually being a witch. The movie was inspired by stories of puritan American settlers and their religious paranoia, and I didn't really like how that paranoia was realized in the movie.

Still haven't seen Hereditary or Midsommar although I've been meaning to check out both. Maybe I'll watch them with my sister, we haven't had a horror movie watch party in a while.

Not sure how I feel about Lamb from the trailer.

Lamb kid going thru puberty:

"Mum, I'm going through changes"

"You're interested in girls?"

"No, I wanna headbutt things. Can I headbutt the TV?"

"....No"

Geez, what is it with all these highly produced weird, pointless perfume/cologne ads with big stars?  They've kinda become their own genre. 

Just started watching Beastars on Netflix, so the Lamb trailer looks like something that escaped from that world into ours.:lol: Looks intriguing- it's my kind of weird, unlike perfume commercials.

11 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

Looks intriguing- it's my kind of weird, unlike perfume commercials.

Between beastiality and perfume commercials.......I think the perfume commercials may be less vomit inducing.....well, I suppose that Emo Ren commercial comes pretty close to being one and the same!

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Emo Ren went through all his Star Wars money already? :unknw:

😆 I'm no statistician but the Hollywood movie stars that aren't in debt and realise that they have no real world employability...if you look closely u'll notice that they're selling their mansions at the peak of the housing bubble. Whichever entrepreneur is making the documentary "Hollywood: Death of the Movie Star" is gonna make $$$😐😉😂