Moducase displays

Hey guys,

just wondering who’s running moducases and willing to share pics. I see they have led strips or spot lamps. Wondering what most people do. 
im getting a new house and the “sitting area” is all mine for decorating with toys and statues. Want it to look nice.  Might do a moducase and a couple pedestals.  We’ll see

4 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Hey guys,

just wondering who’s running moducases and willing to share pics. I see they have led strips or spot lamps. Wondering what most people do. 
im getting a new house and the “sitting area” is all mine for decorating with toys and statues. Want it to look nice.  Might do a moducase and a couple pedestals.  We’ll see

You could probably check out their Facebook page. They post many photos of their display jobs.

https://www.facebook.com/ModularCase

Do share your pics once you've got yours set up, as I'm looking to get one myself

1 hour ago, SaitouSad said:

You could probably check out their Facebook page. They post many photos of their display jobs.

https://www.facebook.com/ModularCase

Do share your pics once you've got yours set up, as I'm looking to get one myself

Yeah I checked out their Facebook page. Very undecided how I’m going to go about this. I might call them and ask for suggestions. 

11 hours ago, SaitouSad said:

The only way I can see it working is if you buy the in-display shelves as each case is very tall.
If you are displaying most of them in fighter mode, I'd imagine you can do multiple tiers in 1 case itself since it's height adjustable.

I didn't see that option (I didn't look real hard either). I was thinking the same thing when I saw these. They would only work for REALLY big toys.

I want to get some of these.

22 hours ago, sqidd said:

I didn't see that option (I didn't look real hard either). I was thinking the same thing when I saw these. They would only work for REALLY big toys.

I want to get some of these.

i'm not sure how Moducase sells it overseas (understand he sells it through Sideshow). In Singapore where he's based he sells the inner shelves which can be attached to the rack. The're thick though

Edited by SaitouSad
typo

I’ve been looking into these since I saw this thread go up. I have a really large toy coming in November that I’m going to be getting a “stack” of cases for (I need to check into the shipping bit). I’m going to get some of the Sixth Series cases (the 17.71” deep ones. Two of the 21.65” wide, 38.58” tall ones. One will be getting a shelf in it.

I was thinking of doing one entire wall in these. And I still may. But I have some issues:

-I don’t like that the clear parts are acrylic. Over time they simply won’t hold up to cleaning without getting scratched like glass will. This may be a deal breaker for me.

-If you do a whole wall at a minimum, you’re going to have one “shelf” (it wouldn’t really be a shelf. It’s where the top and bottom case meet) that is not clear. That will leave you with some really narrow shelves/boxes though (21.65”). That is very display limiting. If you “go wide” and lay the individual cabinets down you end up with at least three “shelves” that are not transparent. My current cabs are all glass shelves. It’s really nice. If they weren’t you would have to get down really low to see everything in the lower shelves. Or really far away. This would be less of an issue for bigger toys or if you have a HUGE area to put cabs in. But with Macross sized stuff I don’t think the final display is ideal.

-The cases in general are not sized very well for Macross stuff either. Not unless you want to waste a bunch of wall space and have your toys all spread out.

It’s too bad. I would like to do a whole wall of these. I REALLY like the “invisible” LED strip lighting a lot.

***New***

I've been looking at the deeper/taller cases. I really don't have room for those. If I did I suppose you really could pack some Macross type stuff, Super Robots, etc in there but you would be using a TON of their internal adjustable shelves and a TON of acrylic risers to set everything up. You would inevitably end up with a ton of money into accessories that you didn't use. Or you would pay a ton for shipping getting them onzie twozies.

I'm trying to come up with a reason to do a whole wall of these. I'm not there yet though. Compared to what I currently use for cabs (I need more, that's why these are an option) I'm dealing with a lot of six in one hand and a half dozen in the other. One factor I don't have an answer to is shipping cost. That could kill the idea right there. I have an email in asking about it.

***Even Newer***

I just look another look at them. I can squeeze the DF series case in along one wall. They're the ones that are 23.6" deep. They don't have it listed as a wall combo but I just emailed them asking if they could put one together consisting of two stacks of three DF120's and one stack of three DF60's. That will give an overall dimension of roughly 118" wide x 76" high and 23.6" deep. My current cabs are 14" deep (internally). The deeper Moducases would allow me to layer Valks in three deep. Right now I can go two deep. This will require some tricky internal shelf placement. But I think it can be accomplished. In theory I will require about 33% wall space for  the same amount of Valks. Not too shabby. And because the case are wide open and therefore more flexible as far as displays go they could end up looking really good. The only thing I'm concerned about is the lighting. The LED strips hidden in the tops are super sweet. I'm just not sure if they're going to be as much light as I want for those big cavernous cases. I asked if I could get them with the mini LED spots along the bottom too.

I also asked for a price shipped to the USA. I'm guessing $4000-5000.:lol::shok:

Edited by sqidd

So I have been goofing around a LOT trying to figure out how to display Macross stuff in Moducases vs the trophy cabinets that I have now. It's six in one hand and a half dozen in the other. A lot of it is going to come down to what you want you cases to look like, how much room you have, how you want to display your toys, etc. Per square foot of wall space you get the same amount of Valks per square inch. With the Moducases you end up using about 6" more floor space though (depth of the case).

The biggest issue for me is the way I like to display my toys. The way the Moducases are "segmented" really doesn't work well with how I like to organize my toys. 

I need more of the cabinets I currently have and they're on intergalactic COVID backorder right now. That's why I am looking at the Moducases. I suppose if something like another year goes by without more of the ones I have becoming available I will seriously think about doing a wall of Moducase.

I did just order (put a request in) a couple Moducases to go where I currently have a Detolf hanging out. It's a weird spot otherwise I wouldn't be using it. I have just enough room to stack two Sixth98 Cases on top of each other. I will be gaining a LOT more display room in the same small weird spot in my office. I asked them to build them with white backgrounds, black floors, some extra shelves, the LED light strips around the top and three mini spots on the bottom. That should be a ton of light. If it's too much I can disconnect the spots. I'm looking forward to getting them in hand so I can check out the quality, how the lighting looks, etc. I have room for three more of that same case above/behind my desk. If I like them I'll get there more for there.