Silverhawks Animated Revival

Funny how all these 80s properties keep coming back to life. I never got into Silverhawks as a kid, but I'd be willing to give a new show a watch, especially if it was done, as Keith says, like 2011's Thundercats, which I enjoyed and lamented the premature cancellation, or like Netflix's Voltron.

21 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

Funny how all these 80s properties keep coming back to life. I never got into Silverhawks as a kid, but I'd be willing to give a new show a watch, especially if it was done, as Keith says, like 2011's Thundercats, which I enjoyed and lamented the premature cancellation, or like Netflix's Voltron.

I still haven't given up on that version of Thundercats, and see no reason why a new Silverhawks couldn't resurrect it.

As the people behind The Toys That Made Us, I’m sure that Nacelle Company will make the new Silverhawks series with the heart and feel of the original.

Edited by sh9000

9 hours ago, Keith said:

I still haven't given up on that version of Thundercats, and see no reason why a new Silverhawks couldn't resurrect it.

Man, I love that optimism, but I think that ship sailed and went over the horizon at this point. I was invested in the story, and felt they were just really starting to get their groove when Cartoon Network, as they've done with so many other quality toons, cancelled it ostensibly in favor of the poorly done LEGO Chima. Love LEGO, love Ninjago, but Chima was just bad-wife and I agree. Anyway, I hoped that the creators would continue the story, much like Avatar: TLA, in graphic novel form, as I felt they still had stories to tell in that universe, and I would have been happy to read them as opposed to nothing at all. AFAIK, they never did anything more with it, though.:(

I highly recommend the Avatar books: beautiful art throughout, they complete a number of stories left dangling by the animated show, and the writing is on point capturing the spirit, energy, and characters of the show.

7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

As the people behind The Toys That Made Us, I’m sure that Nacelle Company will make the new Silverhawks series with the heart and feel of the original.

That's interesting. I like that show, although the editing bugs me sometimes as I think they take stuff out of context for humor's sake, and I think they could go more in depth on some topics, but for what it is, I enjoy it. I wasn't into to many toy lines as a kid; mostly LEGO, Brix Blox/LocBloc, Transformers, a few Joes, and a few Star Wars figs. I loved the M.A.S.K. stuff, but never owned any of it.  I found a Condor in excellent shape, minus the driver, in an antique shop and scooped it up. I remember holding that sucker in my hands as kid and putting it back, and the decades of regret that followed, so now my little Condor sits on my desk where it emanates joy from its lovely green hull.😍 I'm digressing badly. I've not done any research on the Nacelle Company; indeed, I wasn't even aware of them despite watching The Toys That made Us, but I assume they're a bunch of guys in their 40's or so with truckloads of nostalgia for the plethora of goodness we had in the 70s and 80s (poor kids today).  That can be good in a 2011 Thundercats, Netflix Voltron way, a little left of good in a J.J. Abrams sort of way, or not good at all in a Thundercats: Roar sort of way. Let's hope for the first option.